Chalerm flees meeting after taunting protesters

webfact

person and people who think otherswise are dispicable.

You've got completely the wrong handle on the post. Englishoak was pointing out that it didn't matter which "side" they were on there is actually just dead Thai's, people who are dead whatever their political bent. Whereas you decided to point out that most of the dead were "mostly on one side" as if this was a football score.

Save your faux indignation.

Open your mind and read both the original and the attempted cover up.

He was making it sound like Thai's were lesser people. Foreigners die all the time here in Thailand and their countries don't come charging in on their white horse to right the wrongs. In fact there are around 50 countries telling their citizens that if they go to Bangkok be careful of where they go.

Care to tell me what is the difference between a Thai and a farong. He went to great pains to make sure we knew he did not consider them equal.sad.png Calling people like that despicable is giving them more credit than they deserve.wai.gif

I do think the poster mostly made a very bad choice of words. It certainly was not faux indignation though that prompted my response. Sadly there have been other people that forget that above all it is people involved. People who may have made wrong choices but at least feel enough about their country to take a side however right or wrong they may be and take action. Most do not intend violence, a few do but no family deserves to have one of their family members dead.

If the injury occurs when actually resisting a proportionate police response it can be understandible but nothing gives vigilante thugs to act the way they do.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Youve clearly read

They are just dead Thais.

When he actually wrote:

THERE are just dead Thais.

Comprehension is important, yo!

and that was in reply to the comment "Do not know if anyone told you there are already dead people, and mostly on the one side."

So not people just Thais.

Hope you are not a teacher

Edited by harrry

The amusing aspect of this story is that it is written with the sole intent of ridiculing Chalerm, and gullible readers have accepted it as the gospel truth. Chalerm did not "flee".

His presence provoked the protestors into a violent response. He could have remained and the security officials present were would could have successfully defended him by using live fire on the protestors as they attempted to attack him. Instead, it was recommended that he leave so that there would be no confrontation. There was no fleeing. The article expresses disappointment that he did not go out the front door and confront the protestors. What point would it have served? People would have been injured or killed. There was no "taunting". Chalerm gave another warning.

It can be criticized as another empty gesture, and not overly bright. However, considering the option of injury or death, his departure was the appropriate move and the police were wise to get him out of there.

We are getting to the point where the protestors are going to push it and blunder into a full out confrontation. They are being set up through incremental steps, being shown to be unreasonable and out of control. When Chalerm does respond, and he will at some point because of his personality, there will be dead people. I suppose then, some people will be happy.

I do like GK's posts, written with the absolute knowledge that he is correct and EVERY ONE else is wrong.

BUT unless GK was actually there ... well his information may not actually be correct. But WITH my FIRST SENTENCE IN MIND.

"When Chalerm does respond, and he will at some point because of his personality, there will be dead people. I suppose then, some people will be happy."

gK. WHO WOULD BE HAPPY?

Are all you anti democracy posters here the same person but with different niks?

All the same one or two line anti democracy rhetoric but without the ear ache jokes.

Well said.

wHAT'S an anti-democracy poster?

I do know some REFORM before an election people.. i also know some Thaksin get out people... BUt they all ultimately want a stable Thai government system capable of bringing Thailand into the future... preferable without being riddled with HUGE off budget debts..

Youve clearly read

They are just dead Thais.

When he actually wrote:

THERE are just dead Thais.

and that was in reply to the comment "Do not know if anyone told you there are already dead people, and mostly on the one side."

So not people just Thais.

Hope you are not a teacher

i cant fight such clear straightforward logic as that! I'll quit immediately.

If the title had read 'departs' or 'leaves' one would give the dude credit for taking a crap on the protesters, however the term 'flees' just paints a whole other picture of a cowardly chicken hen just realizing he had farted in front of a pack of wolverines.

Edited by tomyummer

The BangkokPost just had a newsflash saying one of the protesters outside the ArmyClub was shot at and hit in the leg. The perpetrator arrested by protest guards, 'allegedly' beaten up a bit when trying to flee the scene and sent to Rajavithi Hospital.

how's that for taunting protesters?

And if you bothered to wait for a bit before posting your sensational report you would have read that it was a policeman who was taking photographs of the protesters. A "guard" later demanded to search the policeman who refused. The guard then told his "colleagues" to beat the policeman up. He fired a shot in self defence and was then severely beaten up and ended up in hospital.

How's that for taunting protesters?

Still hanging out with clueless red shirts I see. Well they have taught you denial real good. I read the article in the Bangkok Post. Admittedly a news paper but at least one with some credibility. Haven't a clue what you are talking about.facepalm.gif

Well it actually isn't that hard to find . You know a policeman is involved, you know the Army Club is the setting. Now with just the minutest stretch of the grey matter you could have googled those facts and see what came up. Narrow it down to articles from the aforesaid newspaper and voila!

However, to make it easy for the hard of thinking, google this "thailand policeman beaten army club" and follow your nose, though it is more difficult now as there are 2 or 3 articles about the incident.................

But you "haven't a clue what I'm talking about". I can assure you, the feeling is mutual and reciprocal.

With all these threats of kidnap etc against the PM I think it's time for the government to get extremely heavy handed on these clowns. Water canons with water coloured with potassium permganate so protesters and their leaders can be arrested more or less any time within the next few months as they will be easily identified by their purple stained skin would be a good start. If they weren't actually involved in any crimes then they would have been witness as they were obviously attending. Protest leaders and their families should all be whisked away by army special units and imprisoned somewhere out of reach and without any rights. Sounds harsh? Well the Suthep and his protesters are attempting to kidnap legitimately elected officials (doesn't matter whether you like it or not - that's a fact) and have made threats to their families and children, they are also denying people their basic rights (to vote, to go to work, to let their children go to schools unmolested etc) so why not deny these traitors and terrosrists their rights and see how they feel about it?

The amusing aspect of this story is that it is written with the sole intent of ridiculing Chalerm, and gullible readers have accepted it as the gospel truth. Chalerm did not "flee".

His presence provoked the protestors into a violent response. He could have remained and the security officials present were would could have successfully defended him by using live fire on the protestors as they attempted to attack him. Instead, it was recommended that he leave so that there would be no confrontation. There was no fleeing. The article expresses disappointment that he did not go out the front door and confront the protestors. What point would it have served? People would have been injured or killed. There was no "taunting". Chalerm gave another warning.

It can be criticized as another empty gesture, and not overly bright. However, considering the option of injury or death, his departure was the appropriate move and the police were wise to get him out of there.

We are getting to the point where the protestors are going to push it and blunder into a full out confrontation. They are being set up through incremental steps, being shown to be unreasonable and out of control. When Chalerm does respond, and he will at some point because of his personality, there will be dead people. I suppose then, some people will be happy.

1. "...ridiculing chalerm....."

So g'kid, please share some specific details of anything chalerm has done, over several decades, that have solidly contributed to the development of Thailand?

2. "Chalerm did not "flee"."

Where you there g'kid? How can you write a categorical comment 'did not flee'.

Always the same with you, you attempt to make it look like you know the categocic / factual details of everything. In reality that's not possible.

3. .....it was recommended that he leave....." Another factual statement by g'kid. I say again, how do you know this is true, where you there, did you hear every comment?

4. Having a serious drunk in charge, is that appropriate?

• Like 1

With all these threats of kidnap etc against the PM I think it's time for the government to get extremely heavy handed on these clowns. Water canons with water coloured with potassium permganate so protesters and their leaders can be arrested more or less any time within the next few months as they will be easily identified by their purple stained skin would be a good start. If they weren't actually involved in any crimes then they would have been witness as they were obviously attending. Protest leaders and their families should all be whisked away by army special units and imprisoned somewhere out of reach and without any rights. Sounds harsh? Well the Suthep and his protesters are attempting to kidnap legitimately elected officials (doesn't matter whether you like it or not - that's a fact) and have made threats to their families and children, they are also denying people their basic rights (to vote, to go to work, to let their children go to schools unmolested etc) so why not deny these traitors and terrosrists their rights and see how they feel about it?

Really Weird Idea, what have you been dreaming. Sounds Harsh, too bloody right it sounds Harsh, suppose bash and crash are alright in your Utopia, but how does Imprisoning Children and Mums and Grannies going to bring about Peace, what about their extended familys on both sides, just all sitting down and chanting, you keep reaming as that would be a Nightmare for Thailand. Heil Peace.

Really Weird Idea, what have you been dreaming. Sounds Harsh, too bloody right it sounds Harsh, suppose bash and crash are alright in your Utopia, but how does Imprisoning Children and Mums and Grannies going to bring about Peace, what about their extended familys on both sides, just all sitting down and chanting, you keep reaming as that would be a Nightmare for Thailand. Heil Peace.

So fascism and tyranny from Suthep and his cohorts is acceptable? Of course what I'm suggesting is total b#llox but the point I'm making is it's okay for Suthep and his terrorists to cripple the country unhindered but if it goes the other way, it's nazi tacts. BTW this was not nazi stuff but equally abhorent apartheid tactics. Thailand is already in nightmare conditions - well, trhe normal folk of thailand anyway, for Suthep it's a wet dream

So fascism and tyranny from Suthep and his cohorts is acceptable? Of course what I'm suggesting is total b#llox but the point I'm making is it's okay for Suthep and his terrorists to cripple the country unhindered but if it goes the other way, it's nazi tacts. BTW this was not nazi stuff but equally abhorent apartheid tactics. Thailand is already in nightmare conditions - well, trhe normal folk of thailand anyway, for Suthep it's a wet dream

Fascism & tyranny. LOL. So WHO declared the SOE? WHO says more than 5 people can't meet? WHO has been trying to shutdown peaceful protesting? WHO has been trying to win amnesty for the convicted criminal who's been running the country - UNELECTED by ANYONE? There's been some fascism & tyranny alright, but you're a little confused about WHO the would-be dictator is and WHO's been the victim of the tyranny...

Nightmare conditions. Get a grip.

I think Chalerm should book his ticket on the fishing trawler to Singapore, just like he did last time. With a bit of luck he will take his murderous sons with him. That is if the Miitary haven't got his escape route covered already.

Some day this clown is going to stumble during his retreat after poking the hornets nestm with a long stick. When it happens I cannot think of a single person who would offer aid, much less attempt to help him.

Oh I don't know, there are probably a few who would still piss on him if he was on fire.

Some day this clown is going to stumble during his retreat after poking the hornets nestm with a long stick. When it happens I cannot think of a single person who would offer aid, much less attempt to help him.

Oh I don't know, there are probably a few who would still piss on him if he was on fire.

So long as they were pissing petrol it would be ok.

The BangkokPost just had a newsflash saying one of the protesters outside the ArmyClub was shot at and hit in the leg. The perpetrator arrested by protest guards, 'allegedly' beaten up a bit when trying to flee the scene and sent to Rajavithi Hospital.

how's that for taunting protesters?

And if you bothered to wait for a bit before posting your sensational report you would have read that it was a policeman who was taking photographs of the protesters. A "guard" later demanded to search the policeman who refused. The guard then told his "colleagues" to beat the policeman up. He fired a shot in self defence and was then severely beaten up and ended up in hospital.

How's that for taunting protesters?

Did you also see that this policeman was instructed by his superior to leave his gun at home? I don't think it is strange at all that this policeman was attacked.

The protesters are justified in their mistrust and anger against the police. They have been repeatedly attacked by "3rd parties" who are mysteriously disappearing all the time. Suthin was shot and the cops did nothing except immediately clear the evidence.

There are more and more rumours that the attacks are carried out or supported by certain factions of the police. An estimated 80% of the police are red shirts (sympathisers).

edit: I have this last information from a former policeman now a civil servant and red shirt. Nice man who is married to a very good friend of my wife. Their wedding was a who-is-who of the BKK cops. I do not want to piss this guy off.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid
  • Like 2