Red-shirts to rally nationwide Friday in support of poll

webfact

The Thai election and the "Super Bowl" fall on the same day next Sunday. How ironic.

I can't see the comparison: the Thai election is at least interesting, grid iron isn't. -maybe you're talking about the half a ton of Kevlar body armour that the grid iron chappies wear. If they lent that to the Bangkok police, maybe they'd be able to break up the demos.

You mean I get a choice of what to watch? How nice.

Superbowl it is, as there are only two possible outcomes with that.

I don't know if the "Hail Mary Play" will work in Bangkok...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be interesting to see what kind of numbers the reds get out for this rally.

Yep, it will be. Getting close to election time and there has been no big gathering coming out in support of the government yet to my knowledge. Perhaps the only people we'll see out on the streets will be the more hard core elements of both sides.........which will hopefully continue to shrink. Thailand desperately needs moderate voices. Please. wai.gif

• Like 1

I wonder if Ms. thida still remembers or likes to be remembered that both her husband Dr. weng and the k. Nattawut mentioned here only abstained from voting on the 'blanket amnesty bill' (and Korkaew and other red-shirt MPs voted in favour of it). For a while even red shirts started to protest the government.

Luckily Suthep managed to offer Ms. Thida the chance to ignore and bury that affront and concentrate on 'elections'. As former communists she and her husband know how important well-managed elections are wink.png

• Like 1

Of course they will rally, the time for being silent has passed, no one should be either surprised or shocked.

Someone also has to keep the voting venues open on sunday. I wouldnt be surprised to even see the red shirts out there doing their bit to keep the venues open.

As long as they are not "doing their bit" to set fire to BKK !

It will be interesting to see Chalerm's evenhanded dispersal of both the pro and anti-Govt protestors and their financial supporters at the same time as (according to him and Tarit of the DSI) they will both be breaking the law and will subsequently be facing arrest and having their bank accounts frozen and appearing on that "blacklist".

More irony.

These same red shirts used to make such a big deal about such "double standards" that it became their catchphrase.

Of course they will rally, the time for being silent has passed, no one should be either surprised or shocked.

Someone also has to keep the voting venues open on sunday. I wouldnt be surprised to even see the red shirts out there doing their bit to keep the venues open.

They may as well fill ballot boxes up with enough votes to make it legitimate. Across the country. And miraculously come up with 5 million votes from Thais abroad just to make sure everything adds up. Why not let them vote multiple times? Why not let them count the votes? Those guys cheated when everything was under some sort of control. The election on 2nd February is going to be an absolute farce. A farce of Shakespearean proportions.

Oh i see your reasoning Mackie ! ..........A vote for the uneducated masses , something that they are entitled to, has just got to be a farce ! Obviously the way to go is Benito's way, you know. Only the educated ones worth having a vote otherwise it will be wasted. thumbsup.gif

Can you please change you avatar name? I hope others don't think your opinions are representative of British people in general.

You advocate the use of a paramilitary undisciplined force to "do there bit". A group with a proven violent history.

Don't you think it's time the RTP actually did their job? People have the right to protest peacefully, People have the right to vote without fear or obstruction. No one has the right to assault voters or shoot and blow up protesters.

You seem to want a street fighting situation which you seem to think the valiant red shirt thugs will win.

Try and remember what sparked this all off. A government acting illegally, refusing to obey the rule of law and trying to whitewash 25k corruption cases. Hardly the party of law and order now is it.

6,000,000 fascits marching

25,000 corruption cases.

Dream on. This putch of Sutheps is stuttering. The election will keep things calm.

And as for you pathetic comment about street fighting. If you overthrow Democracy, it will happen and it will be very well supported. Nobody has to flinch from fighting off fascist dictators anywhere in the world. So bleat on with that one.

49,000,000 registerd to vote this weekend. makes your 6,000,000 idiots look a bit lost doen't it?

Think the army could control that many people? They cant' even control Cheang wattana road at night, what about the other 513,120 kms of territory.

You are all dreamers if you think a coup could be successful or that it would not be fought very vigourously as everywhere else in the world where dictators con their way to power with corrupt army and courts.

QuoteQuote

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirt United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) will hold a mass rally nationwide on Friday, red leader Nuttawut Saikuar said.

Due to the fact that it will be "The Chinese New Year The Year of the Horse" this Friday 31st Jan 2014.

So Folks, please stop nagging

Nag

1. old horse: an old horse, especially one that is worn out 2. racehorse: a horse, especially a racehorse (slang) 3. small horse: a small horse for riding (archaic)

on about these rallies.

Win, a True Red supporter, H-one that Matt-ers, Man U of course, what did you think I meant? facepalm.gif

Edited by Kan Win

cheesy.gif

Can you please change you avatar name? I hope others don't think your opinions are representative of British people in general.

You advocate the use of a paramilitary undisciplined force to "do there bit". A group with a proven violent history.

Don't you think it's time the RTP actually did their job? People have the right to protest peacefully, People have the right to vote without fear or obstruction. No one has the right to assault voters or shoot and blow up protesters.

You seem to want a street fighting situation which you seem to think the valiant red shirt thugs will win.

Try and remember what sparked this all off. A government acting illegally, refusing to obey the rule of law and trying to whitewash 25k corruption cases. Hardly the party of law and order now is it.

So lets see you would be shocked to see redshirts out on sunday to counter the protesters ? you live in Alices wonderland i suppose ?

Im a realist mate not a dreamer I don't hide from what life throws up or pretend things wont happen when its likely they will.

Hence why my family has already voted in advance, successfully. tongue.png

You seem to be bent on trying to spin my posts to suit your id, sorry thats all yours.

You have your opinion of the problems roots mine goes back far far longer.

One transgression does not forgive the another.

I believe in cause and effect, or if you prefer the simple scientific principle for you to grasp is every action has a reaction.

Making excuses, denying it, lying about, or even praying is all bunk. Life is what it is and it follows certain scientific rules. I accept it and so should the misguided clowns out there playing with fire and peoples lives.

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced Tuesday night at Pathumwan protest stage that anti-government protesters would try all possible means to prevent the February 2 election from taking place.

Like i said dont be surprised when this action causes a reaction.

Well ... family voted for nothing .... cheesy.gif

It's the normal and natural course of events for a major political party to have rallies during the final week of the lead up to a general election. Get the rank and file fired up, make sure they get out to vote, remind 'em of why they support the incumbent government, have the courtesy and respect to ask for the vote of each citizen.

In this particular election, it's vital to remind the voters that showing up at the polls in face of a mortal danger to democracy in the country is the necessary and courageous thing to do especially given there are fascist militants who want to stop the election and to kill democracy.

It's equally if not more important to remind the party members of what they are not, in this instance not right wing extremist nationalist feudalists whose ideology is that they as Suthep's militants are pure and the true patriots. They in fact are the opposite of the vast majority of the Thai people who are political moderates in the country's political center, the vast and broad legitimate political center.

When did the red shirts become a political party?

Sent from my phone ...

QuoteQuote

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirt United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) will hold a mass rally nationwide on Friday, red leader Nuttawut Saikuar said.

Due to the fact that it will be "The Chinese New Year The Year of the Horse" this Friday 31st Jan 2014.

So Folks, please stop nagging

Nag

1. old horse: an old horse, especially one that is worn out 2. racehorse: a horse, especially a racehorse (slang) 3. small horse: a small horse for riding (archaic)

on about these rallies.

Win, a True Red supporter, H-one that Matt-ers, Man U of course, what did you think I meant? facepalm.gif

In mentioning the new year, my Thai co-workers hold the belief that after the celebrations, the poop is going to hit the fan and big time. Might be time to stock up on a few tinnies people, it won't be good...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cheesy.gif

So lets see you would be shocked to see redshirts out on sunday to counter the protesters ? you live in Alices wonderland i suppose ?

Im a realist mate not a dreamer I don't hide from what life throws up or pretend things wont happen when its likely they will.

You seem to be bent on trying to spin my posts to suit your id, sorry thats all yours.

I believe in cause and effect, or if you prefer the simple scientific principle for you to grasp is every action has a reaction.

Making excuses, denying it, lying about, or even praying is all bunk. Life is what it is and it follows certain scientific rules. I accept it and so should the misguided clowns out there playing with fire and peoples lives.

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban announced Tuesday night at Pathumwan protest stage that anti-government protesters would try all possible means to prevent the February 2 election from taking place.

Is it really a laughing matter? The elections maybe be farcical and to a certain extent this is because the Dems pulled out. If they had the slightest of chances of winning they wouldn't have. Despite our own individual thoughts , all Thais have the right to vote and will live with the consequences of this, period.

• Like 1

It's the normal and natural course of events for a major political party to have rallies during the final week of the lead up to a general election. Get the rank and file fired up, make sure they get out to vote, remind 'em of why they support the incumbent government, have the courtesy and respect to ask for the vote of each citizen.

In this particular election, it's vital to remind the voters that showing up at the polls in face of a mortal danger to democracy in the country is the necessary and courageous thing to do especially given there are fascist militants who want to stop the election and to kill democracy.

It's equally if not more important to remind the party members of what they are not, in this instance not right wing extremist nationalist feudalists whose ideology is that they as Suthep's militants are pure and the true patriots. They in fact are the opposite of the vast majority of the Thai people who are political moderates in the country's political center, the vast and broad legitimate political center.

Sent from my phone ...

Didn't think Man U had, or is this breaking news from The Nation!

The Thai election and the "Super Bowl" fall on the same day next Sunday. How ironic.

I can't see the comparison: the Thai election is at least interesting, grid iron isn't. -maybe you're talking about the half a ton of Kevlar body armour that the grid iron chappies wear. If they lent that to the Bangkok police, maybe they'd be able to break up the demos.

yea the pussies.

yea the pussies.

cheesy.gif

Incorrect, my family voted which is their right and no stupid protester got in the way, we made sure of that, not for PTP either they voted for another party because they abhor the way both main party's act or introduce suspect policies and reintroduce archaic laws like les majeste, or are you suggesting anyone who votes should only vote for the bananas or the tomatoes in an election or worse still have no voice ?

There is no such thing as voting for nothing, doing nothing means not voting or as in the case of the Democrats boycotting, which achieves absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

Excellent news, lets have some more bloodshed to make sure army does come out and of course then cry foul.

Got to love the red shirts and their supporters mentality.

And then some want red shirts to rule the country, aint that scaryblink.png

Are all red shirts violent? And do they all hold a violent mentality? I think not...

Sent from my phone ...

I didn't realise that Man-U were rallying nation wide.

Excellent news, lets have some more bloodshed to make sure army does come out and of course then cry foul.

Are all red shirts violent? And do they all hold a violent mentality? I think not...

Yep. But most of their leaders, if not all are extremely violent people and not fit to occupy any public functions. They feed on violence. Characters like Arisman, Jatuporn, Kwanchai, Nattawut, Tida etc...etc...As long as they are allowed to get away with it Thailand is not going to be a normal functioning democracy. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Sent from my phone ...

I didn't realise that Man-U were rallying nation wide.

So its the real red shirts then ;)

Yep. But most of their leaders, if not all are extremely violent people and not fit to occupy any public functions. They feed on violence. Characters like Arisman, Jatuporn, Kwanchai, Nattawut, Tida etc...etc...As long as they are allowed to get away with it Thailand is not going to be a normal functioning democracy. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

I do know that Thai people in general can be very violent as we have seen from both sides. The question that bothers me most is that almost everybody blame them with out ACTUAL facts and we are talking about 2013/14. The PDRC have also shown violent tendencies. Personally not allowing people to vote will bring people to breaking point and we won't just be able to blame the red shirts entirely, it will be actions of the people collectively. Regarding your comments re red shirt leaders... Will leave this potato alone as will just end up in endless vitriol which was not my aim..