Drinking patterns and binge drinking of TV members

ttthailand

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the problem about 3 or 4 people sharing a bottle or 5, talking funny about the meaning of existence ?

Some really high peak of philosophy has been climbed with a little help from a few good bottles.

Cheers Folks, and be positive drunk.gif

To answer the OP, 3 or 4 small bottles of horsepiss a day, at least one full night out a year, but only with very selected company.

It's funny how continually poisoning your body and getting obscenely drunk, probably offensive, possibly violent and no doubt stinking of booze is more acceptable to most TV members than having a couple of joints. Reading past threads comparing the two, drinking 10 pints, throwing up and passing out is a commendable thing for a "real man" to do, but having a smoke is something for which one should be hung, drawn and quartered! I don't do either. Just saying.

So you think your better than us do you mister "i dont drink or smoke but like to promote drugs to kids that might be reading this forum"? yes you think your better than everyone on this forum.

Where does the non-drinking poster say he's better than everyone? Let's define 'better' when comparing human habits.

>>> Drinkers are more likely to beat their wives/g.f's and pick fights.

>>> Drinkers are likely to cause vehicle crashes

>>> Drinkers, because they're sick more often and more severely, are likely to run up insurance costs for everyone

>>> Drinkers sometimes need replacement livers - which keeps livers from being given to children and others, who may not have sufficient funds

>>> Drinkers are more likely to play music/TV/Hi-Fi loud, and to speak loudly. Add that to an already very loud country, and it's a drag for those of us who like quiet and/or appreciate tasteful music.

We're an interesting species for several reasons, not least because we generally like getting stoned on fermented sugars. Some types of birds eat fermented berries and some types of monkeys eat millipedes to get a buzz. Alcohol is drug of choice for many humans. In Yemen it's qat, in India and Nepal it's often ganga. In the Amazon it's gnarly hallucinagenics. You look at some places where alcohol reigns, and you'll see Aboriginal and Native American communities in tatters. Pregnant women are sometimes locked up in a jail cells, to keep them from drinking and poisoning their fetuses. Alcohol is the #1 drug for rape and date-rape. Anyone who thinks pot is more harmful than alcohol is either an goodie two-shoes establishmentarianist or in to self-deception.

I had a glass of red wine last week and the same about three weeks before that, they were both very nice.

Where do you get a decent bottle of red wine for less than 1500baht

France.

Cambodia too. But seek and you will find, even here in Samui. Very well rated Shiraz for much less. Not saying which and where though as it sells out quickly when they have some, partially my fault tongue.png

When I was about 17 years old I got really drunk on straight gin. I got sick and threw up all night. Ever since then I've never really cared for any alcohol and I have maybe 2 beers a year, one each with a dinner.

don't drink gin

I Agree! Don't Drink Gin!

That is the Ladies Drink!

Back Home we never called it Gin.

We called it "Pantry Remover".

GOLDBUGGY, on 31 Jan 2014 - 12:03, said:
bkkjames, on 29 Jan 2014 - 13:28, said:
NeverSure, on 29 Jan 2014 - 11:49, said:

When I was about 17 years old I got really drunk on straight gin. I got sick and threw up all night. Ever since then I've never really cared for any alcohol and I have maybe 2 beers a year, one each with a dinner.

don't drink gin

I Agree! Don't Drink Gin!

That is the Ladies Drink!

Back Home we never called it Gin.

We called it "Pantry Remover".

Gin should only be used as a mixer...................tongue.png

rolleyes.gif I seem to recall I had a large beer about 6 months ago, but I can't honestly remember where that was.

That doesn't mean I have anything against drinking, back in my early 30's (over 30 years ago now) I drank heavily every night and was often drunk or hung over for two days (or more) at a time.

Things change as you get older and so will your drinking habits.

That's life.

I assume the last time I had a cold beer was probably around 6 months ago when it was hot, and I was sweating.

I thought a cold beer might be nice, so I had one with a meal (but exactly where I can't really recall).

Possibly that was on the beach in Nha Trang, Vietnam in early August 2013?

But that's just a guess.

rolleyes.gif

I like wine with a good meal. The trouble is finding a decent wine at a restaurant.

When I go out with my friends, I probably can hit 4-5 beers on a wild night. Usually I am good at 2 1/2.

I don't drink much and I am grateful for that. I noticed at work that people drink a lot less than 10 years ago.

" I met a man without a vice.

Quite boring, and not very nice "

How true I used to drink a bottle of gin everyday

But when I was 63 years old I went to jail for 6 years so for the last 23 years maybe 12 glass of wine a year.

You really 86 Harry? Long may you continue mate,

I think the consensus from the medical profession is that wine is now considered good for you, so no problems there.

A viewpoint from a drinker. Pretty hard to argue with his interpretation IMHO..................tongue.png

post-76988-0-41635400-1391237865_thumb.j

(Click on the thumb)

Good for the older members among us.

Edited by chrisinth

But when I was 63 years old I went to jail for 6 years so for the last 23 years maybe 12 glass of wine a year.

I think the consensus from the medical profession is that wine is now considered good for you, so no problems there.

63 + 6 + 23 = 92

Obviously, math skills decrease along with increase in alcohol consumption... sick.gif

BradinAsia, on 01 Feb 2014 - 19:47, said:BradinAsia, on 01 Feb 2014 - 19:47, said:
chrisinth, on 01 Feb 2014 - 13:07, said:chrisinth, on 01 Feb 2014 - 13:07, said:
harryfrompattaya, on 01 Feb 2014 - 11:36, said:harryfrompattaya, on 01 Feb 2014 - 11:36, said:
gcbruk, on 29 Jan 2014 - 20:10, said:gcbruk, on 29 Jan 2014 - 20:10, said:

63 + 6 + 23 = 92

Obviously, math skills decrease along with increase in alcohol consumption... sick.gif

I know they have it easy in jail in the western world, but I don't think they have bars, as in drinking establishments yet for the inmates.

My math skills are OK, have a couple of bottles of beer and try again, eh......................thumbsup.gif

Edit: To be honest Brad, I came to 92 when first adding it up, but assumed he must have been an upstanding inmate.

Edited by chrisinth

I had a glass of red wine last week and the same about three weeks before that, they were both very nice.

Where do you get a decent bottle of red wine for less than 1500baht

With the extortionate price of wine here, I have trained myself to enjoy and savor the most evil (read still extortionate price) bottle of 'vino collapso'.