Drinking patterns and binge drinking of TV members

ttthailand

Just wondering how many alcoholic drinks the average TV member consumes a day.

For 2014 I decided to stop drinking except for perhaps a glass of wine for dinner sometimes of a beer now and then. Prior to 2014 a normal night out would be 6 to 8 small beers and a party night of binge drinking would be about 15. I however did not drink every day as I still needed to earn a living.

What is your normal consumption of drinks each day ? What do you consume on a night of binge drinking ?

Might also be interesting to see what country you are from.... I am American.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by ttthailand

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tthainlad said:

"....Prior to 2014 a normal night out would be 6 to 8 small beers and a party night of binge drinking would be about 15. I however did not drink "

So then ....if you didn't drink, did you inject the beers?

Ahhhh....I see you have edited your post to correct....So my post is now meaningless.....

Well ...it was meaningless in the first place as is the subject of the post!

Edited by beachproperty

I used to have 2 big bottles a night, and double that on the weekends. Last year I decided its time to cut back. Now allow myself a single weekday night to have a single big bottle and allow myself what ever the situation calls for on the weekends. Some nights 1, others 10, it depending on who i am drinking with an how i feel.

Once a week Max for me. But I drink as much as I can until a vote is taken by my gal along with my friends, that I need to go. I usually comply. Two days to recover and four days good exercise.

I like bringing 1500 baht. My gal does not drink...that buys me about 10 (Yes Big Bottles), dinner and maybe 2 ladies drink (My gal likes the company.

Its fun..and so far, not killing me.

tthainlad said:

"....Prior to 2014 a normal night out would be 6 to 8 small beers and a party night of binge drinking would be about 15. I however did not drink "

So then ....if you didn't drink, did you inject the beers?

Ahhhh....I see you have edited your post to correct....So my post is now meaningless.....

Well ...it was meaningless in the first place as is the subject of the post!

Posted using an IPhone and sometimes these things have a mind of their own and it just don't turn out the way you intended. Have to edit :) And I was not even drinking.....really !!!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by ttthailand

tim armstrong, on 29 Jan 2014 - 10:13, said:

Anymore than 4 standard drinks of any alcohol per day is a problem. Any amount per day of any illegal drug is a problem. But we all really know that.

Funny, I used to have more than 4 standard drinks and never had a problem. Every day for 25 years................wink.png

When I decided to have a change, I gave that up, and opened a bar for the next 12 and a half years. It was a sort of incentive watching the people who drank more than 4 standard drinks a night to reinforce my decision to stop.................smile.png

I do know where you are coming from with the advice from the medical side, but perhaps you could explain where they actually get the figures from. Who did they survey to come to the figures that are healthy for all?

How much difference to health would there be between say, a 24 yo extreme sport fanatic, a middle aged bank manager and a 92 yo pensioner to say that anymore than 4 standard drinks would be bad for you?

The problem with healthy advice is that it cannot be generalized, mostly due to the individual's life style. This of course, is only my opinion, but an opinion I have stuck to throughout my adult life. I also consider that if you have to count what you are drinking while you are out enjoying yourself, you are really not enjoying yourself.....................thumbsup.gif

i like how you think about those advices but one would say that older people should drink less as their health and liver ia weaker as younger guy his. most guys here drink too much 4 standard srinks ia way too much. But i feel its a free choice and more druga beside alcohol should be legal as its one of thw worst.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

robblok, on 29 Jan 2014 - 11:41, said:
chrisinth, on 29 Jan 2014 - 11:11, said:

Anymore than 4 standard drinks of any alcohol per day is a problem. Any amount per day of any illegal drug is a problem. But we all really know that.

Funny, I used to have more than 4 standard drinks and never had a problem. Every day for 25 years................wink.png

When I decided to have a change, I gave that up, and opened a bar for the next 12 and a half years. It was a sort of incentive watching the people who drank more than 4 standard drinks a night to reinforce my decision to stop.................smile.png

I do know where you are coming from with the advice from the medical side, but perhaps you could explain where they actually get the figures from. Who did they survey to come to the figures that are healthy for all?

How much difference to health would there be between say, a 24 yo extreme sport fanatic, a middle aged bank manager and a 92 yo pensioner to say that anymore than 4 standard drinks would be bad for you?

The problem with healthy advice is that it cannot be generalized, mostly due to the individual's life style. This of course, is only my opinion, but an opinion I have stuck to throughout my adult life. I also consider that if you have to count what you are drinking while you are out enjoying yourself, you are really not enjoying yourself.....................thumbsup.gif

i like how you think about those advices but one would say that older people should drink less as their health and liver ia weaker as younger guy his. most guys here drink too much 4 standard srinks ia way too much. But i feel its a free choice and more druga beside alcohol should be legal as its one of thw worst.

Yep robblok, but that was my point, how can one standard cover all ages and life styles? Its great to get advice, but if the advised parameters, rather how those parameters have been reached are not explained, do we just follow like sheep?

I know mankind is a bovine race, it needs leaders to follow, but sometimes you have to question what we are told to understand. At least I do, I would rather know than go with the flow.

I'm actually not sure even where the 4 standard units came from, I have never heard this before today.

robblok, on 29 Jan 2014 - 11:41, said:

chrisinth, on 29 Jan 2014 - 11:11, said:

Yep robblok, but that was my point, how can one standard cover all ages and life styles? Its great to get advice, but if the advised parameters, rather how those parameters have been reached are not explained, do we just follow like sheep?

I know mankind is a bovine race, it needs leaders to follow, but sometimes you have to question what we are told to understand. At least I do, I would rather know than go with the flow.

I'm actually not sure even where the 4 standard units came from, I have never heard this before today.

i am like you i question most things even queationed my dr about the need of an operation much to the embarrassment of my gf.

For the same reason they ban stuff that helps people loose weight or whatever as it just affects a few bad.

its the over protection syndrome. like you id like to know how they got thoae figures. I dont drink but for other stuff id like to know.

• Like 1

You're a good citizen, aren't you. Here are two illegal drugs that can land you in jail:

>>> Pot. I know a place in Thailand where young folks, Thai and farang, sit around smoking pot. They listen to music, they talk, they laugh, and generally relax and socialize. Is that a problem?

>>> hemp. It's illegal, but I doubt anyone has every gotten high or stoned on hemp. You'd have better luck getting stoned smoking mint leaves.

The poster said 'any amount per day of any illegal drug is a problem.' A problem for whom?

Then there are alcoholic drinks. The only legal recreational drug in most countries, including Thailand, Europe and the US. It's also the most harmful rec. drug in the world, by far. Who benefits financially from crimimalizing all other substances, and enabling alcohol to be the only legal rec. drug? I'll let you connect the dots.

p.s. I don't drink alcohol nor smoke anything. I take care of my health. Plus, I won't be a burden on society and suck up medical, welfare and insurance funds for bad liver, car wrecks etc. I also won't be picking fights, beating my wife, nor driving like a drunk imbecile.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

The reasoning behind 4 standard drinks as a limit, is that beyond that point your coordination and judgement is affected - ie slower, but you are often convinced it's better. Hence all the drink/driving laws in other countries. Driving cars definitely becomes a risk. I'd be interested to know how many people reading this, drive in Thailand, knowing you're probably over the limit of your own country? My guess is quite a lot as drink driving laws are very slack here.

I work Mon-Fri so that gives me a good reason to avoid drinking in the week. Friday night starts with 2 large leo's normally then off to the bars/pubs for 3-6 small beers, then when I get to the club I must buy a few more but I am not to sure how much I end up drinking in total as by the end of the night I am normally quite drunk and don't have a very good memory.

Saturday in the afternoon I try drink as much as I can still the hangover goes away and I feel Merry again.

- English