Drinking patterns and binge drinking of TV members

ttthailand

Orpheus,

There is a lot of good New World, Australian, Californian, South African, Chilean, and other European wines around for much less than 1500, as free trade agreements between Thailand and other countries have reduced the tariffs in the last 2 years. French wine also doesn't travel well, and no longer wins the prizes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a number of years, my self-imposed limit was 3 beers per year, which I rarely attained.

Since I didn't really like the taste of beer I decided to switch to Korean soju, the tastes is

much better and its a lot healthier.

Now I average about 3 drinks a year for festive occasions only -- soju (Jinro brand) mixed

with pure fruit juice. Has no alcoholic taste and is pure and healthy.

This soju drink is so smooth you think it's only fruit juice. But after 5 of them, you'll feel very

good, but will maybe get a bit cross-eyed.

I stop at 3 so I don't get cross-eyed... sick.gif

Edited by BradinAsia

First couple of years in Thailand did same as in UK - EVERY night about 2-3 large bottles of beer or equiv in whisky and wine - I was overweight and got a fatty liver and was very unfit with regular palpitations. Then had a Bumrungrad major checkup and that changed my life. I cut right down on the booze, more exercise and better diet and feel great, lost 24 pounds with very good exam results. I drink max twice a week and maybe consume about 3 big bottles each of those 2 nights. Don't touch it otherwise.

I love a big glass or 2 of good whiskey at 6pm or cocktail hour with some snacks. If I do that I never drink with dinner or afterwards. We don't go out and if we do, it is always for a meal or to an event or party. I don't drink more than 1 or 2 glasses of wine, but usually nothing at all. Not sure why I love the good buzz before eating, but I sure do. Have no use for any alcohol any time earlier than 5 or 6 pm. or late at night.

First couple of years in Thailand did same as in UK - EVERY night about 2-3 large bottles of beer or equiv in whisky and wine - I was overweight and got a fatty liver and was very unfit with regular palpitations. Then had a Bumrungrad major checkup and that changed my life. I cut right down on the booze, more exercise and better diet and feel great, lost 24 pounds with very good exam results. I drink max twice a week and maybe consume about 3 big bottles each of those 2 nights. Don't touch it otherwise.

Likewise, chances are that we'll both get run over by a truck tomorrow. laugh.png

• Like 1

Sometimes I drink 2 large bottles of Chang Classic in one sitting.

I've been known to do this every other month.

Other than that, no alcohol, interferes with my training.

Before that, what Card and Chiang Mai said.

I've lost 15Kg in just over a year. 75Kg now.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I don't drink but that's not to say I DON'T drink if you get what I mean? in think it's fair to say I don't, don't drink which is a double negative inferring I do I'm not drunk now but I've had enough to take the edge of last nights little spell. Don't really know where it starts and it's going to end but it's not leading anywhere good.

I don't drink but that's not to say I DON'T drink if you get what I mean? in think it's fair to say I don't, don't drink which is a double negative inferring I do I'm not drunk now but I've had enough to take the edge of last nights little spell. Don't really know where it starts and it's going to end but it's not leading anywhere good.

blink.png

It's funny how continually poisoning your body and getting obscenely drunk, probably offensive, possibly violent and no doubt stinking of booze is more acceptable to most TV members than having a couple of joints. Reading past threads comparing the two, drinking 10 pints, throwing up and passing out is a commendable thing for a "real man" to do, but having a smoke is something for which one should be hung, drawn and quartered!

I don't do either. Just saying.

So you think your better than us do you mister "i dont drink or smoke but like to promote drugs to kids that might be reading this forum"? yes you think your better than everyone on this forum.

It's funny how continually poisoning your body and getting obscenely drunk, probably offensive, possibly violent and no doubt stinking of booze is more acceptable to most TV members than having a couple of joints. Reading past threads comparing the two, drinking 10 pints, throwing up and passing out is a commendable thing for a "real man" to do, but having a smoke is something for which one should be hung, drawn and quartered!

I do both in appropriate countries.

If it's against the law I don't do it. Especially when the law says jail and then deported.

• Like 2

Sorry but I'm a lightweight, average 3 or 4 big bottles per week.

Still look like an alcoholic though when I take the empties to recycling warehouse every six months or so:-)

I don't see the point of filling yourself up with beer or whatever every night or even once a week. What is the point? Is it to forget an empty and meaningless life? Or to feed an addictive personality? Or to create a manly image for yourself?

I see too many farangs spending the day in bars or boasting about 15 a night or whatever. Even sports magazines you read these days personalities talk about getting the training over and having beers or getting plastered. Why?

I really can't see the point.

Fortunately I don't need it. I don't need to show everyone what a lad I am by drinking non stop. I don't need to bury my life in a bottle. I don't need the headaches or the drunken short-term 'friendships'.

Happily for me I find many other enjoyable ways of spending my time here in Chiang Mai or spending my money. I feel sorry, perhaps some times revolted, for/by those who live out of the bottle. But it's up to them (or you).

• Like 1

Yes I agree that marijuana is much LESS harmful than drink.

However I used it to excess to the point that I put my life at risk many times and certainly screwed up my life with it, so personally I can't do it, stopped all intoxicants at the same time 25 years ago.

However that doesn't mean it should be made illegal. The consequences of prohibition are much worse for society that even the worse effects of the drugs themselves.

• Like 1

Are there's a lot of liars posting here?....wink.png ...I certainly enjoy a drink, AT HOME though.

I know...............drunk.gif ....................laugh.png

YOU!!!!....took me 2 weeks to get over that session.....but it was fun times hey?

Thank God it's only once a year with you lot.....wink.png

Are there's a lot of liars posting here?....wink.png ...I certainly enjoy a drink, AT HOME though.

I know...............drunk.gif ....................laugh.png

YOU!!!!....took me 2 weeks to get over that session.....but it was fun times hey?

Thank God it's only once a year with you lot.....wink.png

If I win the lottery your in trouble, once a year HAH............laugh.png

Sorry but I'm a lightweight, average 3 or 4 big bottles per week.

Still look like an alcoholic though when I take the empties to recycling warehouse every six months or so:-)

I don't see the point of filling yourself up with beer or whatever every night or even once a week. What is the point? Is it to forget an empty and meaningless life? Or to feed an addictive personality? Or to create a manly image for yourself?

I see too many farangs spending the day in bars or boasting about 15 a night or whatever. Even sports magazines you read these days personalities talk about getting the training over and having beers or getting plastered. Why?

I really can't see the point.

Fortunately I don't need it. I don't need to show everyone what a lad I am by drinking non stop. I don't need to bury my life in a bottle. I don't need the headaches or the drunken short-term 'friendships'.

Happily for me I find many other enjoyable ways of spending my time here in Chiang Mai or spending my money. I feel sorry, perhaps some times revolted, for/by those who live out of the bottle. But it's up to them (or you).

Totally, absolutely agree.

But... in a free society folks make their own choices, no matter how silly and self-destructive.

Fifty years ago, I drank to excess very often -- almost every day. I was quite young then, didn't

know any better, thought is was cool. Fortunately, I grew out of that juvenile stage.

Some folks never do.

• Like 1

So you think your better than us do you mister "i dont drink or smoke but like to promote drugs to kids that might be reading this forum"? yes you think your better than everyone on this forum.

Wow, someone's got a chip on their shoulder or an inferiority complex.

Let not discuss anything in case there's a kid on here. Hold on, if there's a kid on the internet then there's far worse than this he could be reading. He'd be a pretty boring kid if he was reading about us old farts and pretty uncool if he wanted to copy us.

• Like 1

What is your normal consumption of drinks each day ? --> 5 liters water.

What do you consume on a night of binge drinking ? --> 0,000
Might also be interesting to see what country you are from.... I am coming from earth, just a small planet / milky way.

and i love my life.....

• Like 1