Where to watch Super Bowl early Monday AM?

Pleas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been considering it. Would rather listen to a lecture on God's work than a bunch of drunks at half time any how. Not a Christian just a Seahawk fan.

Down with the Broncos.

Edity

Yes I know drunks are charming witty and intelligent. Been there done that. Boring is more like it but can't convince them of that.

I'm not a drinker myself, esp starting at 6 am (but I do remember the days I was finishing around then, but not too clearly), nor do I have any ill will towards any religion Actually I had a lovely Christmas with a Hill tribe village this year and have even spent Christmas eve in a church in Yagoon (as well as one Bethlehem). My problem was that they charged us for a seat to watch the game and then made us be quiet and pray or leave the room. There were also quite a few other people not amused and they were well aware of it but I don't see in this years ad any mention of religious activities or affiliation.

I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say to this thread, please respond legend23.

Have been considering it. Would rather listen to a lecture on God's work than a bunch of drunks at half time any how. Not a Christian just a Seahawk fan.

Down with the Broncos.

Edity

Yes I know drunks are charming witty and intelligent. Been there done that. Boring is more like it but can't convince them of that.

I'm not a drinker myself, esp starting at 6 am (but I do remember the days I was finishing around then, but not too clearly), nor do I have any ill will towards any religion Actually I had a lovely Christmas with a Hill tribe village this year and have even spent Christmas eve in a church in Yagoon (as well as one Bethlehem). My problem was that they charged us for a seat to watch the game and then made us be quiet and pray or leave the room. There were also quite a few other people not amused and they were well aware of it but I don't see in this years ad any mention of religious activities or affiliation.

I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say to this thread, please respond legend23.

Interesting 36 posts and all of a sudden we get a new downer thrown in to the game. What did you do if you left. Did you get your same seat when you came back? What was the talk about what they were doing in Burma about. I would stay for that as I have been involved in a small way with the refugee camps. Might have been worth listening to. As for prayer scientific thinking is still out on that. Last I heard they were leaning towards it being a positive thing. But then again science is a fluid field with no concrete information. Remember when doctors recommended smoking Camels and coffee was no good for you now they still say smoking is bad for you but a cup or two a day of coffee is good for you. I heard a rumor where they are on the verge of discovering a whole new field of science they had never suspected was there.

And if you didn't like that you could talk to others about the game. Drat I just about have myself talked in to going to it.wink.png First one in years.wai.gif

If they wanted me to sing they would soon change their mind.tongue.png

Down with the Broncos.

Edity

Interesting 36 posts and all of a sudden we get a new downer thrown in to the game. What did you do if you left. Did you get your same seat when you came back? What was the talk about what they were doing in Burma about. I would stay for that as I have been involved in a small way with the refugee camps. Might have been worth listening to. As for prayer scientific thinking is still out on that. Last I heard they were leaning towards it being a positive thing. But then again science is a fluid field with no concrete information. Remember when doctors recommended smoking Camels and coffee was no good for you now they still say smoking is bad for you but a cup or two a day of coffee is good for you. I heard a rumor where they are on the verge of discovering a whole new field of science they had never suspected was there.

And if you didn't like that you could talk to others about the game. Drat I just about have myself talked in to going to it.wink.png First one in years.wai.gif

I think people's objections were over the bait and switch element--they paid for a buffet and a game, then were hit with a prayer meeting. Had they been told in advance there was going to be a prayer meeting they would not be complaining.

• Like 2

Down with the Broncos.

Edity

I think people's objections were over the bait and switch element--they paid for a buffet and a game, then were hit with a prayer meeting. Had they been told in advance there was going to be a prayer meeting they would not be complainin

Could be. just sounds like they are not coming this year none of them said it was worth it.

time will tell.

My problem with it is different than theirs. I should stay away from good buffets as I tend to over due them.sad.png

We all have are cross to bear.

Not going this year to that event as I want to go watch the game with some like minded individuals who's intention is to enjoy the whole game (half-time show incl. in case of a wardrobe malfunction), banter and maybe even say "hell" if my team is intercepted! The buffet is neither here nor there, do like a cup of Joe and a little food but am not there or expect a gourmet spread.

To answer northernjohn's question we went out to the lobby after we were very rudely hushed (ok this point does sound a bit lame but they can shut the #@%$ up and let us enjoy what came and paid them for). Yes our seats were still there but the feeble 80 yr old man I brought with me also wasn't too happy about having to get up to walk around in order to look for other people from the room to "monday morning quarterback" the first half with (that means talking about the game

not not talking about it as you wrote.) Obviously I didn't listen to what they said as we talked at the same time and then basically got kicked out but I am familiar with the group as I have researched them when I was planning one of my trips to Burma which including some relief and charity work. They didn't have the manners to even reply to my emails and their mailing address is an anonymous P.O. box. I'm not sure if your just trolling or misunderstand my point but I am very involved in supporting a Hill Tribe orphanage, pray often at local Temples (both of the religion I was raised with and Buddhist with my Thai family) etc but this is not about my personal choices nor the ones of the events organizers, it's about the separation of church and football!

• Like 1

Fox Sports streamed it for free in the US and its "possessions" but not to us out here. Another reason to hate all things Fox.

Seattle took care of business, sure 'nuff!

Not to worry..

Super Bowl XLIX 2015 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. February 1, 2015

NBC to bordcast.

Down with the Broncos.

Edity

Well junglechef, I enjoyed my Super bowl along with 110 others. Some happy and some not so happy with the result. About the bait and switch prayer meeting, well we did say a short grace before getting into a great feed while we watched the game.

No one ruined the game, no loud or abusive fans just lots of people having a good time. The halftime break was a few minutes hearing about the North American in a North Korea jail and about Rodman's comments, and then on with the halftime show. Why did we have the chat, because our broadcaster had a two Thai guys telling us what was happening.

Everyone happily observed the "No Alcohol" request and almost all will be back next year. We even had some randoms turn up who were staying in the hotel and they really enjoyed chatting with everyone at my table. Lots of new friendships made I think.

I hope everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl in their own special way. I loved it , of course I would have loved a closer game, but it was nice to see a young man and a massive defensive effort over come the best attack in the land. As I always say, if the other team doesn't score they won't win the game.

So, will we see you next year at The Empress???

• Like 1

If it wasn't and not planned to be a religious event like last year but sounding from your post it was. As it is customary to be transparent on this forum and state what one's affiliation is with a for profit enterprise so I was wondering how you fit in? I glad and didn't expect that anyone who have ruined the game and not sure why you even mention it but glad you survived better the the Broncos did. Though I wasn't the one who said "bait and switch" to be honest I don't think saying a group prayer is appropriate at a pay for the public event without them expecting it unless of course you did it at your table between yourselves. I'd be interested in hearing from some other attendees on their experience there today.

And as were all getting along so well I thought it'd be ok to add a littler humor with no disrespect intended.

post-101742-0-64512500-1391431630_thumb.