Tot Phone Bill Problem

calibanjr.

Just got a phone bill for 500+ THB. Okay not huge, problem is, I don't have a phone, only have my home computer set up to dial 1222 from prepay internet card. I have my own office with True cable, so I only use the home box when I'm too lazy to go to the office to get email. Had the GF go to TOT and they say that if the internet "station" isn't in CM the call gets routed to Lamphun or Lamphang depending on traffic, so they charge 3 baht a minute, even for a 1222 call. Sounds like the usual run-around, maybe made-up excuse. Is this their way of making me get home TOT adsl? Seems a little out of bounds to charge me retroactively for a presumably free (1222) call. Not a big deal really, but I want to figure out a solution, other than not being too lazy to go to the office! :o Also bugs me to pay more for rare dial-up crap internet usage than I do for my unlimited daytime mobile service (399 THB). Anybody run into this problem?

Just got a phone bill for 500+ THB. Okay not huge, problem is, I don't have a phone, only have my home computer set up to dial 1222 from prepay internet card. I have my own office with True cable, so I only use the home box when I'm too lazy to go to the office to get email. Had the GF go to TOT and they say that if the internet "station" isn't in CM the call gets routed to Lamphun or Lamphang depending on traffic, so they charge 3 baht a minute, even for a 1222 call. Sounds like the usual run-around, maybe made-up excuse. Is this their way of making me get home TOT adsl? Seems a little out of bounds to charge me retroactively for a presumably free (1222) call. Not a big deal really, but I want to figure out a solution, other than not being too lazy to go to the office! :o Also bugs me to pay more for rare dial-up crap internet usage than I do for my unlimited daytime mobile service (399 THB). Anybody run into this problem?

1222 has always attracted a charge, and never been free, but it only attracts a local call rate no matter where you are in Thailand. I still use 1222 dial up, and only get hit for a local call, although I might be on for hours.

I've been living a charmed life I guess. Been using 1222 internet cards on my TOT line in CM since 1/1. Never been charged, that's why I was surprised by this recent bill, with relatively little use. Weird.

It may be that you have finally been billed for all of the 1222 calls that you have made since 1/1. I had something similar once with international charges where there was nothing for months and then they all came in on one bill.

Not sure, but one possibility. :o

tot billing is not good. A friend had a bill for 12,000 baht. He paid what was his and disputed the rest. They cut off his phone. He never paid the difference, and is now with TT&T. I once did not get a phone bill and thier excuse was it's Song Krahn and maybe the bills didn't get made up.

Barry