22 students injured in Pattaya Highway crash

webfact

That's a lot of people in that small van! And it was caused by a parked car. These people believe they have a right to park anywhere. <deleted>???

Amazing Thailand one more time , 22 students in a 12 seats mini van ...... there is nothing more to say coffee1.gif

Lack of care and respect for children lives. This is a total disgrace,... a mini van with 22 kids?!

it's also possible it must have been driving at high speed, as usual, when you drive slow, there are always a chance to avoid accidents.

Guys, the mini van, for once, is not at fault here, there was an earlier accident which left a stationery pick up on the road - not intentionally parked, a truck with a container onboard tried to take avoiding action and lost control losing it's container in the process, the container unfortunately hit the van which was already slowing down as the driver had seen the accident ahead.

22 in a 12 seater van is not clever, but it did not cause the accident.

yes you are right , it didnt cause the accident , but imagine if the accident would have killed those 22 students ?

Lack of care and respect for children lives. This is a total disgrace,... a mini van with 22 kids?!

it's also possible it must have been driving at high speed, as usual, when you drive slow, there are always a chance to avoid accidents.

There has always been a lack of care and respect for children in Thailand. How many parents let their children ride motorbikes? There is always the other side of the coin. How often do you see adults giving up their seats to children on the Skytrain and buses? Amazing Thailand.

"Police arrested the truck driver who was deemed to be at-fault. He now faces criminal charges of reckless driving causing injury."

Don't they mean reckless stopping? The particulars are somewhat vague. Why was the pickup truck stationary and whether it was in a lane or on the shoulder is not clear. But I have seen people who want to make a right and turn, or u-turn, stop in the left-hand lane to wait for traffic to go by them. Of course if you are stuck behind a truck you might not notice them. Especially since a lot of drivers wait till the last minute to change lanes. Every time I have been in this predicament it has been utter chaos. Luckily no major instances occurred, but it could have easily have been major carnage.

That's a lot of people in that small van! And it was caused by a parked car. These people believe they have a right to park anywhere. <deleted>???

Absolutely nothing new about that? blink.png How many times do you see cars double parked or even triple parked around the city centre?

not to many

I can't see there being too much difference between standards in Bangkok and here

So why did it make number 2 on this list?unsure.png

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/01/29/feb-fun-traffic-police-ordered-crack-down-13-traffic-law-violations

Edited by Asiantravel

I hope that everyone is okay and recovers from this. It must be especially horrible for this to happen to you as a child. I drive here daily and have never seen such poor driving anywhere in the world I have worked- I dont know if there is a solution to the horrible driving and stupidity here.

22 Students injured in a 12 seater bus, this is forked up beyond all sense.

Amazing Thailand one more time , 22 students in a 12 seats mini van ...... there is nothing more to say coffee1.gif

22 students in a minivan ????

76 Trombones on the big parade.

We get that there were 22 students in a minivan, it's in the original posting. wink.png

Absolutely nothing new about that? blink.png How many times do you see cars double parked or even triple parked around the city centre?

stopped at traffic lights the other day,when they turned green my lane did not move,a battered blue nissan was first in line,but was parked,and locked up! we all had to filter around it,now maybe it was broken down,but why not push it out of the way,i spotted a policeman on the far side of the road,but he seemed unconcerned,i can't think of any oyher country this would happen,

If the container truck was going too fast to safely avoid an already stationary vehicle.... oh bugger. Why bother?

As for the overcrowded mini bus, it was only a matter of time.

Your post in the"general topics" today, you was blaming farangs in black fortunas, for most of the accidents in Thailand. Was a farang driving this container truck ?

When you look at he picture of the white baht buses filled up with students driving up Sukhumvit , no one should be surprised to hear about 22 students in a 12 seater van . TIT and parents don't care as long as their kids find a way to get home from school the cheapest way possible.

Edited by balo