Buying MacBook Air in Pattaya

condlik

Hello, I want to buy MacBookAir and was thinking about getting it from Apple Store in Central Mall.

Is there some original packing seal or tape that will assure you have new unused product ?

I want to avoid getting some returned or refurbished goods instead of new computer.

Thanks for your info on this one.

• Like 1

Off topic duplicate posts removed, see also the following:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

These where to buy an [insert iconic Apple product] posts are starting to be a bore! As in most markets, the prices of Apple products are pretty much the same from any of their authorized resellers. In addition, these resellers sell REAL shiny new merchandise...not refurbs or Chinese knockoffs. The major resellers are the iStudio stores found at Central Beach Mall and Tuk Com, Banana IT stores at the same malls, and the Power Buy and Numchai stores scattered around town. Another choice is to order online at Apple's official Thai online store, with most products shipped to you in 2-3 days. Apple's standard warranty covers all their products bought through these sales channels.

• Like 2

These where to buy an [insert iconic Apple product] posts are starting to be a bore! As in most markets, the prices of Apple products are pretty much the same from any of their authorized resellers. In addition, these resellers sell REAL shiny new merchandise...not refurbs or Chinese knockoffs. The major resellers are the iStudio stores found at Central Beach Mall and Tuk Com, Banana IT stores at the same malls, and the Power Buy and Numchai stores scattered around town. Another choice is to order online at Apple's official Thai online store, with most products shipped to you in 2-3 days. Apple's standard warranty covers all their products bought through these sales channels.

Very good post.

Just want to add, that all Apple products have an international warranty except the iPhone. iPhones have a national warrant within the country you buy from.

I did price comparisons on Apple's UK and Thailand web sites the other day. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Thai prices considerably cheaper with the same delivery times quoted in each country. So I will wait until I am in Thailand after my retirement in October before I treat myself to a new computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I did price comparisons on Apple's UK and Thailand web sites the other day. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Thai prices considerably cheaper with the same delivery times quoted in each country. So I will wait until I am in Thailand after my retirement in October before I treat myself to a new computer.

The prices are more or less the same...it's the taxes that are different...10% VAT in thai vs. 20% in UK (gotta pay for that NHS).
  • Like 1

The prices are more or less the same...it's the taxes that are different...10% VAT in thai vs. 20% in UK (gotta pay for that NHS).

Another couple of things to bare in mind; you won't get an, "outright" English keyboard as standard in Thailand, it can be, "arranged" (by the techs in iStudio who work for Apple and sell you the kit) but then your warranty is out of the window!

I think you'll also find the, "Apple guarantee / warranty" is not worth a carrot in Thailand!!!

Very good post.

Just want to add, that all Apple products have an international warranty except the iPhone. iPhones have a national warrant within the country you buy from.[/

quote]

Does the national iPhone warranty only apply to Thailand or all countries ?

As if by magic

The Mac store on the ground floor of Tukcom is a good place however I bought an MacBook Pro in 2011 and the motherboard just crashed 2 months ago. I paid 54,000 b for the 13" and they want 30,000 b to replace the motherboard. Don't forget your Mac doesn't come with Microsoft which is another 3,900 b. Also I would NEVER buy any cables, adapters etc from the Mac store as they ar 10 times the price if you just go to another store on the 3rd floor.

Also as pointed out above, none of these Mac stores sell copy products.

Edited by Gone