Tot Drives Me Grazy!

thaigerd

Since a couple of months I have an ADSL line, 1000.-Baht a month but most of the time it doesn't work at all. Today I took a half day off to go to their office.

First visit in Patong office: The "manager" could only smile........no solution.

Second visit to Central dep. store, again TOT office and talking to a "manager".

I've asked him:"Please tell me your problem! Your staff, your equipment or even TOT ?"

His answer:"Sorry, but I wish I could tell you, even me I do not know.............."

Since weeks now they promise me on a daily basis to come and check..........but nothing!!!

Is it a big deal to change to TT&T???

Please tell me your experience.

I am realy p........ up with them.

Gerd

Since a couple of months I have an ADSL line, 1000.-Baht a month but most of the time it doesn't work at all. Today I took a half day off to go to their office.

First visit in Patong office: The "manager" could only smile........no solution.

Second visit to Central dep. store, again TOT office and talking to a "manager".

I've asked him:"Please tell me your problem! Your staff, your equipment or even TOT ?"

His answer:"Sorry, but I wish I could tell you, even me I do not know.............."

Since weeks now they promise me on a daily basis to come and check..........but nothing!!!

Is it a big deal to change to TT&T???

Please tell me your experience.

I am realy p........ up with them.

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

TT&T has got problems since the past 3 weeks or so. while i was very happy with them before . Now it is really bad....dial up speeds..

I am also looking for another Adsl provider ...but unluckily in my Area at present is only TT&T and Tot will only start in about 3-4 month . And when i read about your experience ...no, i don't want TOT either.

rcm :o

Thanks for ur answer!

A friend of mine is using TT&T ADSL and he is very happy with them.

By the way: I also went to the new office from TRUE net down the way Patong Hill:

The two ladies inside the shop didn't even know about ADSL etc......................................

They were just eating and hiding behind their counter.

I am in a great mood tonight(using my old dial up modem, sloooooooooooooooow, but it works :o .

Gerd

I took the liberty to go back to some of my posts here a few months ago. My adventures with TOT for a phone line I paid 12,000 Baht for.

TOT did get their act together at least for now and the connection remains active for 2 hours or more. With "true" I am connected to the 1222 number which I understand is 3 Baht per connection. Last month I just put the dialer on 500 re-dials and managed to get something after 300 or even 350 attempts. Since the number connected but then informed me that: "The remote computer did not answer within the alotted time, your PPP is not recognized by our computer's PPP, (sounds like something a girlfriend told me once ) the remote computer is out of service etc", I just kept plodding along. Starting to auto-dial at 4 AM and by the time I got out of the shower around 7, Glory be..... I had a connection.

Until I received the phone bill: 200 Baht (basic charge I suppose, I can't read Thai) and 750 Baht for whatever. No explanation, nothing. Since I never ever use the land line for anything but the computer a trip to TOT in Takuapa was in order. I asked the scare crow at the counter, (god do I dislike this woman. I had several run-ins with this farang hating individual) what the additional 750 Baht were for. Her answer: "You play internet". It turned out that I was charged for every connection even though it only resulted in the modem at the other end informing me: "Sorry Charly, not now". Simple arithmetic : 250 re-dials = 750 baht

I received a telephone call from TOT Friday, asking me, if my telephone worked. What ? It appears to be working, because how else would I be able to talk to you ? “Oh, cop koon kaaaaah“, purred the chick at the other end. The line went dead again that evening and did not come to life again until last night. Punishment for being a wise guy, I suppose.

I pre-paid TT&T for SDSL 5 weeks ago, nobody has shown up as yet either.

I gave up on the first washing machine mensch and called another one 3 weeks ago. Not a sign of him also.

I was quite satisfied wit TOT's ADSL, but the Tsunami changed everything. I wanted to try TT&T just to see if there was a difference.

6 months after the tsunami TOT still hasn't gotten their act together with even the basic phone service. (It was out again for 20 hours over the weekend but the bills keep coming) They should pay me for all the aggravation.

TOT’s bill for May arrived today. Always a joyous occasion and the reason to keep several antacid tablets handy prior to opening.

Everything of non-importance is in Thai as well as English, like previous balance, paid amount, and post -bill adjustment (whatever that is) All that is missing is a smiley to really rub it in how they screwed me the month before.

The left side, first line contains the current charges (all in Thai), with the exception of something in parenthesis (M2) Beats me what that is. Well, it’s only 200 Baht, so be it.

Second line all hieroglyphics: 1,557.00 Baht,

Next line, ditto: 18.00 Baht,

Last but not least ditto but

(Audiotex) ?? behind it: 6.00 Baht

VAT 7%: 124.67 Baht

Grand total: 1,905.67 Baht

My Thai friend tells me the above represents “LOCAL CALLS” placed from my Telephone. I know for a fact that there were absolutely no calls made from my phone, because I don’t even have a handset hooked up to it . I use the line strictly for the computer.

I can just see the old bitch in Takuapa telling me again: “You play internet, you must pay”.

I use “TRUE” as an ISP which uses the 1222 number and pay, I think 480 Baht for 30 days unlimited access.

Last month the line was more dead than alive, in fact between the 15th and 21st I had no more than perhaps 2 days on uninterrupted service. At one point there was nothing for an entire weekend. Whenever I did manage to get a dial tone, I was rudely interrupted every 10 or 15 minutes, because the line went silent again.

Assuming, (I know assume makes an ass out of you and me :>) but in reality, at 3 Baht per connection I figured I would have to have been re-connecting 519 times ? IMPOSSIBLE

Even if it were true, it means that I am paying 2,385.67 Baht a month for the privilege of lightning speed dial-up with: (let’s see 15.9 kb/sec at this moment while I am posting this here.) Asinine !!!!

Hand me another antacid and pour me a stiff glass of Johnny Walker Black label.

Two weeks ago Friday the phone went dead again. it wasn't raining or anything. No dial tone on Saturday and the same in green on Sunday. Monday morning a call to TOT's cusomer service to some broad who does not speak English was answered via one of my Thai speaking friends with “I will check” and that’s about all the response I received every time I called.

True to Thai culture, no one will ever admit to not knowing anything. That would mean loosing face. So it is always: “we will check”. The Thais seem to accept this with a shrug of the shoulders, a c’est la vie attitude which I am afraid I will never get used to.

Later in the week I received a phone call from someone at TOT. “We are changing the lines. No shit Sherlock. You had 6 months to do that . I drove to the village and noticed 10 or so lines laying on the ground. That was a week ago Wednesday.

OK. Factor in:

Thursday and Friday being a Buddhist holiday followed by the weekend, it doesn’t take a mathematical genius to figure out that nothing is going to happen until the following Monday. (maybe).

As a youngster at the age of 18 (more than 50 years ago) I worked briefly for New Jersey Bell Telephone Company in the USA. We were replacing some of the ancient telephone lines in the village where I lived. Just about the same thing as they are doing here, EXCEPT:::

The new lines were strung, leaving the old one’s in place temporarily until “cut over”. At that time, subscribers were notified that there may not be any phone service for about 3 to 4 hours.

Well, guess what ? Nobody was without phone service for more than 2 hours.

In my travels as a pilot I spent a great deal of time in South America. I remember a hotel in Manaus Brazil about 30 years ago. A place where native Indians ran around butt naked only an hour’s canoe ride up the Rio Negro. The Hotel however did have telephone service. I wanted to place a phone call to the USA just to tell my company that I did indeed arrive. Several attempts of the desk clerk with a hand crank phone did not elicit a reply from the “operator”. ¨”Senhor pesaroso, said the man, but the lady may be out feeding the chickens”. This was perfectly acceptable as something occurring in a third world country.

But some of the lame excuses TOT has should not be tolerated in today’s LOS.

Well, day before yesterday the 27th of July I finally had had it. I got a hold of someone who speaks Thai, dialed the customer service number and while he was talking to this tomato, I screamed and hollered in the background using every English profanity I could muster. “I will talk to the engineer” was her reply. Voila !! 1 hour later my phone worked. Even though I did get disconnected 4 times within 30 minutes attempting to retrieve my e-mal.

The same afternoon TOT's truck arrived. ADSL is back. Well, it isn't god's gift to internet connections, but at least (I thought) I would not be diconnected every 5 minutes. Not really. This morning punctually at 8 AM, (the Thai national anthem was playing on the satellite TV), DSL went south. Nothing worked. Switching to dial-up everything was honky dory. Oh well.

I know it is getting to be "old hat" but:

In anticipation of the onslaught of visitors the next season promises, it’s construction time down-town our fair village. Widening the thoroughfare to 4 lanes of highway, broad sidewalks, installation of storm-water drainage pipes, you name it. The area looks like a war zone. Pity the poor business owner who in his haste or ignorance to expand his business, had encroached on the “right of way” property of state owned real estate. The bulldozers know no mercy.

Since utility poles are placed at the edge of said land, it is up to the skill of the operator manipulating these monster machines to work within inches of said carriers of life giving juice. Well, one eager beaver managed to knock down the concrete structure, wires and all. I was typing a rather lengthy e-mail around 11:30 AM Thursday when the lights went out. Naturally all my work disappeared in cyberspace. Once more, I must tip my hat to the electric company, because 3 ½ hours later, all was well again, except for dear old TOT. Deader than the proverbial doorknob. Some fellow arrived in town driving a TOT truck, surveyed the jumble of wires littering the ground, but decided to have lunch, since the mess was right in front of a restaurant. Afterwards he departed, figuring it was probably too late in the day to do anything, so “preung nee” was sufficient.

Later I went downtown and took some pictures. I can’t for the live of me understand, why, after almost 8 months, having had the chance to re-do everything in a professional manner, the “rat’s nest” junctions are still in vogue. No sense of esthetics I suppose. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Aviador/Ratsnest.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Aviador/TOT001.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Aviador/TOT004.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Aviador/TOT003.jpg

It is now Tuesday the 23rd of August 2005, 6 days after the power failure. After numerous phone calls to TOT, only to receive the same old answer: “We will check”, I resigned myself to just wait, because after all the weekend was coming up, when sure as shootin' nothing would be done anyway.

Just now, the geniuses from TOT arrived, laden with electronic equipment. (meters, oscilloscopes etc.) After thoroughly testing the incoming wiring, as well as the line inside the house, the “PROGNOSIS”: Nothing wrong with your line, must be further down in the village. NO SHIT SHERLOCK, I could have told you that.

A phone call right at this moment confirmed my suspicion. Just like the last time. They hooked up my line to someone else‘s phone.

And now, it is May 23rd 2006. ADSL is still the joke of all jokes.

Advertised: Speed 512/256 5555555555555555555555555555555555555555 double haaaaaa.

I do get on line at 3 or 4 AM occasionally because it is afternoon on the east coast of the US where I have a brother and numerous friends and pilot colleages. The best I ever got at those times was 58 kb/sec. Come 7 AM or later is goes from slow to comatose. 2.3 up to maybe 5.6 kb/sec. I attempted to download a 2,8 MB file and was told: Estimated time 1hour 58mintes Once it showed 880 and I was jubilant. But it was 880 BITS. :>((( And all this for only 859.21 Baht per month. When it rains, and it does rain this time of year, I may get disconnected 3 or 4 times within 1 hour. Saturday it was out from 10 PM until 8 AM Monday. I gave up calling them, because I get the same bull shit: "Please disconnect your modem and plug it in again". Look moron, I did that 20 times already..

May pen rai, Greets the ol Capt.

I'm with TT&T and have had very little problems with it, last 2-3 weeks have been the most unpredictable...

.. I think i've been down a total of 2 hrs in the 3 months im with them

I'm with TT&T and have had very little problems with it, last 2-3 weeks have been the most unpredictable...

So I will try to change to TT&T if it's possible>

Wolfie, did you use the office opposite Christine Massage?

But I will wait tomrrow's outcome: Khun Somchai from Central's TOT office promised me to take care for my case.

Will inform u later here if something happened.

Gerd

I signed up with MAXnet and used the office just round the corner from robinsons in phuket town. You can also sign up with them in Central Festival in the TT&T office there (i'm told, i've not been there)

You will need a TT&T line, I had to pay two months up front which they used for my first two months rental, they tried to get me to pay for an engineer to come to my house and install it but i eventually managed to inform them i didnt need it. I didnt sign up to any contract with them, i'm on a month-by-month basis.

Had my first bill from them this morning, 845.30THB

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

So I will try to change to TT&T if it's possible>

Wolfie, did you use the office opposite Christine Massage?

But I will wait tomrrow's outcome: Khun Somchai from Central's TOT office promised me to take care for my case.

Will inform u later here if something happened.

Gerd

Thanks again Wolfie!

I've spoken to my boss(Thai) this morning and he has a friend in TOT, he will phone him in a couple of minutes. So may be another light at the end of the tunnel.

Will update later today!

Gerd

Good luck with your boss's friend.

I had exactly the same problem and also visited two offices, Central and the big one on the road between Chalong and Central, received promises of at least a phone call to say they were looking into it but got nothing.

A short time ago, I rang one of the numbers on the original sign-up form and got a helpful English speaking lady who told me to unplug my modem for 15 minutes and they would reset it. Amazingly, this worked, and I had a much better, though not completely uninterrupted service, for the next month or so, though last time the line went down, I souldn't get through on this number.

Unfortunately, I am not in Phuket at the moment, so I cannot give you the number, but have a look at your original form.

Latest update:

Just sitting at home at 8pm suddenly 2 workers from TOT turned up with some equipment and checked everything.

Result: Line outside of my house to the poles are old and not good enough for an ADSL line.

They promised me to replace this old line within 1 week, They were very friendly and could realy explain me all, Thanks guys!!!

When they were leaving my house they asked me to whom I phoned and made my complaints.......

But I have to mention Khun Somchai in TOT's office in Central has been very helpful to me, he also speaks a very good English.

So I hope in one week time I can report the final outcome, hopefully a positive one.

Gerd

Finally they were able to fix it today :o

Ji-NET - Bandwidth Meter

Your current bandwidth reading is:

818.30 Kbps

which means you can download at 74.39 KByte / Sec. from our servers. (Test Download Here)

Dial-up 28.8 Kbps

Dial-up 33.6 Kbps

Dial-up 56 Kbps

ISDN 128 Kbps

ADSL 256 Kbps

ADSL 512 Kbps

YOU 818.3 Kbps

ADSL 1024 Kbps

ADSL 2048 Kbps

They came this afternoon the last time and told my wife that's ok now, but when I came back from work...........nothing at all.

So I phoned to them again and they came back for a(hopefully) final visit and fixed it.

Thanks again to Khun Somchai from TOT office in CENTRAL :D

Gerd

I thought nothing could top my experiences with TOT until today, Wednesday May 31st. Tuesday afternoon around 3 PM my “high speed” ADSL which normally runs between 850 bits/sec (That’s right, just “bits” not Kilo) to around 2.9 kb/sec maximum, rolled over and died completely. Well, I reckoned that internet cafés were probably hogging the bandwidth. It is also the best time to be on the internet, because America is sleeping, and Europe is just waking up. I tried it again around 8 PM. Same thing. Nothing worthwhile on UBC anyway, so it’s off to bed.

I awoke around 3 AM and noticed the ADSL light showed “on-line“. Eureka !!!!! Let’s give it a try. As soon as I had booted up the PC, ADSL became unconscious again. On again, off again this continued for about an hour. Oh well, mañana será un otro día. This morning it was still deader than the proverbial doorknob.

I did have a telephone bill which I was going to pay at the local bank, but now, like it or not a visit to the ghoul of TOT-dom in Takuapa seemed the only choice. The icy stare I received when I entered spoke volumes. She knows me by now and if looks could kill, I would not be typing this. After several attempts to convey to the dumb broad the reason for my being here with zero results, a Thai-speaking German customer was kind enough to explain to the wench my lack of ADSL. She wrote down a telephone number to give to me and mumbled something. The only words I understood were “Farang and America”. Yes , I thought. We Americans are a funny lot. We are known to be great tippers, (so the employees of diving companies in Khao Lak tell me) but we can be a pain in the arse, whenever we don’t get a fair return for whatever services we pay for.

As expected my call to the number resulted in the usual “no Ingless”.

May pen rai.

I thought nothing could top my experiences with TOT until today, Wednesday May 31st. Tuesday afternoon around 3 PM my “high speed” ADSL which normally runs between 850 bits/sec (That’s right, just “bits” not Kilo) to around 2.9 kb/sec maximum, rolled over and died completely. Well, I reckoned that internet cafés were probably hogging the bandwidth. It is also the best time to be on the internet, because America is sleeping, and Europe is just waking up. I tried it again around 8 PM. Same thing. Nothing worthwhile on UBC anyway, so it’s off to bed.

I awoke around 3 AM and noticed the ADSL light showed “on-line“. Eureka !!!!! Let’s give it a try. As soon as I had booted up the PC, ADSL became unconscious again. On again, off again this continued for about an hour. Oh well, mañana será un otro día. This morning it was still deader than the proverbial doorknob.

I did have a telephone bill which I was going to pay at the local bank, but now, like it or not a visit to the ghoul of TOT-dom in Takuapa seemed the only choice. The icy stare I received when I entered spoke volumes. She knows me by now and if looks could kill, I would not be typing this. After several attempts to convey to the dumb broad the reason for my being here with zero results, a Thai-speaking German customer was kind enough to explain to the wench my lack of ADSL. She wrote down a telephone number to give to me and mumbled something. The only words I understood were “Farang and America”. Yes , I thought. We Americans are a funny lot. We are known to be great tippers, (so the employees of diving companies in Khao Lak tell me) but we can be a pain in the arse, whenever we don’t get a fair return for whatever services we pay for.

As expected my call to the number resulted in the usual “no Ingless”.

May pen rai.

I've send PM to you, may be it helps!

Gerd

The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter if you are TOT TT&T or any of them.. Its down to your line quality 99% of the time..

If you live in the sticks (like aviador has chosen to) then dont expect much in the way of coinsistant relaible ADSL. Get IPStar and be done with it, sure its more expensive but it works everywhere.

Even where I am (in Patong) if your a long way from the exchange line quality drops and connections get worse. While Thailand runs these nests of vipers for phone lines and engineers string lines next to or hanging off electric lines these things wont get better.

Sorry I didnt see this earlier Gerd as having the mobile number for Arjin the main TOT tech makes things happen.

The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter if you are TOT TT&T or any of them.. Its down to your line quality 99% of the time..

If you live in the sticks (like aviador has chosen to) then dont expect much in the way of coinsistant relaible ADSL. Get IPStar and be done with it, sure its more expensive but it works everywhere.

Even where I am (in Patong) if your a long way from the exchange line quality drops and connections get worse. While Thailand runs these nests of vipers for phone lines and engineers string lines next to or hanging off electric lines these things wont get better.

Sorry I didnt see this earlier Gerd as having the mobile number for Arjin the main TOT tech makes things happen.

The problem was the line between my house and the next pole.

They came and replaced it! Everything works fine now.

Have a nice weekend!

Gerd

Every month I receive my bill from TOT exactly one or 2 days after the “payment due date” which means I can not pay it through the bank and necessitates a 70 km round trip to the ghoul of TOT-hood in Takuapa which is really not that big a deal because there are times I need to shop for things there, not available in the “sticks”. :D

Just before or on occasion simultaneously after receipt of their statement I take delivery of another invoice. Same envelope containing matching contents including identical propaganda literature. One informs me that I am indebted to TOT for X amount of Baht for their services the other holds the happy news that I owe NOTHING. :D This has been going on for a long time. Has anyone out there in LOS-land had the same experience? When I pay the bill and present the "no charge" one, the lady just shrugs and tosses it into the trash.

My question is: According to Mr. Google there are 7,552,000 subscribers on TOT’s roster. I have no idea how much TOT pays the Postal Service. For bulk-mailings lets assume just 1 baht per, which means they squander 7,552,000 Baht every month. :D

Well, but it’s only the government’s (the taxpayers’) money. Small wonder they were against privatization. :D

Greets, the ol Capt. Still bitchin :o

Same happens here on Samui, receive the TOT bill a few days after I should've paid and this needs a 20km drive to Nathon to pay on the premises.

If they manage to send the invoice in time, you can pay at 7-11 or the post office.

Standard reply if you point out that they consequently send the invoice too late, it's always the post who delivers too slow, it's, of course, never their problem.

TIT

• 2 weeks later...

This is new.

A week ago, June 8th to be exact I received, this time only one TOT bill, the one that informs me I owe nothing. :D

True to Thai efficiency, the statement was mailed on the 12th of May and the amount displayed (nothing) due on the 27th (of May).

I am not about to drive 70 km (round trip) to ask these morons what and if anything is due. With their constant ADSL outings and 2,5 kb/s speed, they should actually pay me for putting up with such nonsense. :o

may pen ray.

How would you say it in Thai: "Get real people, this is the 21st century". :D

She wrote down a telephone number to give to me and mumbled something. The only words I understood were “Farang and America”. Yes , I thought. We Americans are a funny lot. We are known to be great tippers, (so the employees of diving companies in Khao Lak tell me) but we can be a pain in the arse, whenever we don’t get a fair return for whatever services we pay for. As expected my call to the number resulted in the usual “no Ingless”.

May pen rai.

This is the type of racist crap that will forever keep Thailand in the Third World. I get so tired of hearing the word farang when they could say 'this guy' or that tall dorky-looking guy or something else. I went to all the trouble to learn Thai and I often think I'd be better off not knowing what they're saying about me.

Also, there seems to be a huge lack of responsibility in this country. It's always someone else who is wrong. This is a problem from the mop to the top. [maids to the PM in case you didn't get it]

Why on earth the telephone company couldn't direct you to someone in the office who actually speaks English is odd. Oh, maybe none of them can speak English.

I hope you didn't give a tip :o

This is new.

A week ago, June 8th to be exact I received, this time only one TOT bill, the one that informs me I owe nothing. :D

True to Thai efficiency, the statement was mailed on the 12th of May and the amount displayed (nothing) due on the 27th (of May).

I am not about to drive 70 km (round trip) to ask these morons what and if anything is due. With their constant ADSL outings and 2,5 kb/s speed, they should actually pay me for putting up with such nonsense. :o

may pen ray.

How would you say it in Thai: "Get real people, this is the 21st century". :D

Hi Aviador - I think what might have happened is that you paid twice one month, or somehow got out of sync with your bills. Hence you get the bill that says you owe nothing. Now you appear to have gotten back in sync.

And also, I think the reason for your late bills is the postman. I used to get my post only when there was enough to make it worth his while to deliver it. One of the penalties for living "in the sticks" I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

[Hi Aviador - I think what might have happened is that you paid twice one month, or somehow got out of sync with your bills. Hence you get the bill that says you owe nothing. Now you appear to have gotten back in sync.}

No way Josè:

I would never, ever pay these people twice. In fact they should pay ME for all the aggravation I have to go through every month. The Thai-Post office probably lost the mail. They caused me to be declared dead by the US government when I neglected to answer a questionaire mailed to me but never delivered back in November of 2005. All my social security payments were stopped as of Jan 1, 2006. It took 4 months of dealing with incompetent, useless, inept civil service morons, impersonal, hopelessly outright stupid bureaucrats to be resolved.

But that's another story:

This is another of TOT's encounters, but on a happier note (this time)

Last Friday afternoon at 4:45 PM, ADSL courtesy TOT became comatose once again. Tech service line was busy until 5 PM and of course no answer after that. “Sure it’s the weekend folks. Who needs the internet? It’s only good for kids playing games”, seems to be TOT’s consensus. “May pen rai, no big deal. This is Thailand. Relax, have fun. We will catch up with the rest of the world some other time. We fought against privatization and won !!!!! Job security is still number one !!!!!”

Monday morning still no service but TOT’s tech service did answer and told me that everything was ok. Since I am completely computer illiterate, but able to read I attempted to sort out over the week end, whether it was my PC or TOT since I had just had the unit repaired, the motherboard replaced, updated to more RAM, new WIN-XP etc, which was damaged by a spike in the electric line, by a very competent and reliable young Russian fellow from Phuket who’s ad I saw in the Phuket Gazette.

http://www.phuket-data-wizards.com/en/index.php

Might as well give him a plug. He came to my home, took the unit to his shop and delivered it 2 weeks later as promised. Reasonably priced as well.

TOT’s tech service promised to send someone to my home “preung nee”. Well, where did I hear that before a few hundred times? 2 hours later, I was just getting into the shower a TOT truck pulled up in front of my home. I thought I’d faint dead away. Could this be, or did I die and went to heaven? Instant service in the land of LOS, numerous “may me” and “preung nee” promises? Yes, it was true: Alahu Akbar :>) Praise the lord and pass the ammunition :>) The young fellow was very professional; yes there was no service Friday night. He also discovered that by my screwing around in desperation I had re-set the modem (a no-no!!!) Re-setting the modem caused the inability to get back on-line. And all of this at: NO CHARGE !!!

Well, while I was typing this, (Thursday afternoon 4:10 pm :>) ADSL died again for 15 minutes. I suppose one can’t ask for too many miracles all the time. May pen rai :>)))))another story.

Savasdee crap, the ol' Captain.

So without being rude, what your saying is YOU scubbed your modem settings and you couldnt set it back up again.. They then sent out a Tech who did sort it out (probably free) even though it was your modem and your actions ??

Sorry Cap but not all complaints are valid.

Yes ADSL here is crap.. Yes in the sticks your going to have much more drama (I personally would not advise anyone to move direct to the sticks but work up to it over time as you learn how to surive and who (not) to trust)..

Try tipping the ADSL tech and getting his pivate mobile number.. Works wonders for finding out if the system is down (as it was this morning bad link for the TOT gold and silver cyber packages) or if its your end.. If its your end they can usually help you on the phone if you cant memorize the modem settings.