What Have I Forgotten?

Loz

You know how it goes... I'm packing and repacking and making sure I've got my life in a 70ltr holdall... Yeah, I know. :D

Anyway, invariably I will forget some sh*t.

got my:

passport

Visa

ticket

smart clothes (work)

Shirts (work)

casual clothes (bumming around)

Medi Kit (sterile stuff and first aid, just in case)

footwear for work and play

ties :D

printed street map of Korat (thanks TV)

Name of hotel (Korat)

Office address

currency

own sheet, towel & toiletries

mobile phone

Int Driving Permit

teaching certs and lesson prep materials

stuff to read

So have I forgotten anything? :o

almost forgot...

insect reppelant! :o

You can get most things on your list except the documentation here and probably anything you forgot also. If you're into music perhaps your favorites (especially if oldies) on CD. It's the one thing I regret not bringing due to many in my collection not available here. Also key phone numbers (hotel, work, etc.)

You know how it goes... I'm packing and repacking and making sure I've got my life in a 70ltr holdall... Yeah, I know. :D

got my:

passport

Visa

ticket

smart clothes (work)

Shirts (work)

Name of hotel (Korat)

Office address

currency

own sheet, towel & toiletries

mobile phone

Int Driving Permit

stuff to read

So have I forgotten anything? :D

[

Hi Loz

Photo's of those dearest to you, i.e. pets your dog or cat! :o

TBWG :D:D:D

the brand of instant coffee that u like .......

i bring my own even to the states.... somethings when youre used to them, replacements just arent the same...

prescriptions/eyeglass prescriptions/copies of important papers or put them in an email w/access from any computer

small photo album as someone said w/pics of family, home, etc... people love to see pics when they start to ask if your married bla bla bla....

the brand of instant coffee that u like .......

i bring my own even to the states.... somethings when youre used to them, replacements just arent the same...

prescriptions/eyeglass prescriptions/copies of important papers or put them in an email w/access from any computer

small photo album as someone said w/pics of family, home, etc... people love to see pics when they start to ask if your married bla bla bla....

Hi Loz

Don't for get your best smile and sense of humor. See ya when I see ya!

Thai Ranger

got my:

passport

Visa

ticket

smart clothes (work)

Shirts (work)

Name of hotel (Korat)

Office address

currency

own sheet, :Dtowel & toiletries

mobile phone

Int Driving Permit

stuff to read

So have I forgotten anything? :D

Do you bring your own bed-sheet?...and towel??? :o

BTW: don't forget your pencils.....and:

Yourself :D

LaoPo

Condoms.. ? :o

totster :D

:D

Good one!!!! Leave it to totster. :D

And as another poster mentioned. Looks like you are unneccesarily packing a lot of items that can be purchased here....easily and cheaply. Leave it home and pack the "important stuff" as totster indicated. :D

Arrangement to transfer more funds in case you run out here.

A sense of humour

A committment to make a difference

Diarrhoea tablets

Sun glasses

An email address or two.

As said before a copy of all important documents you hold.

A dear Joan letter to all your GF's back home

A return ticket?

Baby Wipes (you know, those moist little towelettes that come 20 or so to a package, usually used to wipe a baby's bum on the go?).

Reasons:

1) The only place you find toilet paper in Thailand is on restaurant tables. Never in a restroom. Utilizing Baby Wipes will give you time to get used to the spray squirter thingy installed next to most toilets here. Sometimes the little spray gadget is powerful enough to de-bark trees, let alone shoot directly from your arse to the top of your head (in some cases, the ceiling). Also, after your bum is soaking wet, you have the choice of pulling your pants back up (soaking them too), or bringing Baby Wipes to the rescue.

2) You'll need the baby wipes until the diarrhoea tablets kick in.

3) You'll go through a package or two of these little gems until you learn how to conquer the infamous Asian squat toilet. Meanwhile, you'll be cleaning sh*t outta your shoes, off the back of your legs, etc.

4) In this hot & humid climate (which will hit you like a ton of bricks as soon as you step out of Don Muang Airport), a baby wipe is the most refreshing thing you can do for your unclimatized, sweaty face between showers.

5) When your driver stops at a roadside fruit vendor, buys you a bag of luscious fruit, you peel a few rambuttan or super juicy oranges, and your face/hands/lap are now soaked in sugary, sticky fluid, who ya gonna call? Baby Wipes!

When my relatives back in the home country ask me what they can send me each Birthday and Christmas, my needs are simple and consistent: B.W.

I should buy stock in the freakin' company...

Hmm I didn't see a very important item ATM card, with that most everything else works out. Truthfully your going to a major city not the jungle and you should be able to find most anythign there. It will probably be packaged differently but ti will be there.

As some have pointed out here think about your favorite comfort foods that travel well and stock up your going to have a time frame of missing those eventually.

You will find farrang resturants around of sorts if you have not eaten Thai food much remember this one phrase (Mia Pit) use even if your ordering soup until your sytem adapts. With any luck you will miss the back door trots, in over three years I have never had a problem and I eat at the food stalls a lot.

But when I fiorst got ere I thought I wa going to starve to death everythign seemed do spicey then, now I'm farily used to it. The first ten days I was here as I was out in the country and ther wa no foriegn food available, I pretty much lived on rice and eggs. Thats a prettty safe bet for the stomache if you can't ge any thing else.

If you have time contact a few guys on the site in the city where you are going an ask where you can find food cooked that you can eat. Make a list of the resturants that could come in real handy until you learn your way around But if your used to Thai food I just put a lot of garbage in the repsonse :o

Guys, I'm leaving for the station in a couple of hours to london. (night at my brothers before jetting off to Heathrow). I'll buy extra babywipes!

Thanks for the help. Sunglasses are packed. dodgy tummy tablets bought yesterday. got a "cool spray" from boots. apply to face when the hot sticky weather hits me. and of course I'll have my baby wipes on hand!

Gonna list a few numbers as suggested and will look forward to spending my first Bhat in two days!

Thanks for the heads up on the |Toilet... will pack aloe baby wipes for that one! :o

Gentlemen! Good day, Gentlemen.

... remember this one phrase (Mia Pit) ...

Wrong wife ??? :D:D

Hope he won't need that phrase too often.... maybe mai pet though :D

:D:D:D:D I like your spelling better, but I bet a lot could use mine as well :o

Guys, I'm leaving for the station in a couple of hours to london. (night at my brothers before jetting off to Heathrow). I'll buy extra babywipes!

Thanks for the help. Sunglasses are packed. dodgy tummy tablets bought yesterday. got a "cool spray" from boots. apply to face when the hot sticky weather hits me. and of course I'll have my baby wipes on hand!

Gonna list a few numbers as suggested and will look forward to spending my first Bhat in two days!

Thanks for the heads up on the |Toilet... will pack aloe baby wipes for that one! :o

Gentlemen! Good day, Gentlemen.

Chok Dee.. :D

totster :D

Baby Wipes (you know, those moist little towelettes that come 20 or so to a package, usually used to wipe a baby's bum on the go?).

Reasons:

1) The only place you find toilet paper in Thailand is on restaurant tables. Never in a restroom. Utilizing Baby Wipes will give you time to get used to the spray squirter thingy installed next to most toilets here. Sometimes the little spray gadget is powerful enough to de-bark trees, let alone shoot directly from your arse to the top of your head (in some cases, the ceiling). Also, after your bum is soaking wet, you have the choice of pulling your pants back up (soaking them too), or bringing Baby Wipes to the rescue.

3) You'll go through a package or two of these little gems until you learn how to conquer the infamous Asian squat toilet. Meanwhile, you'll be cleaning sh*t outta your shoes, off the back of your legs, etc.

4) In this hot & humid climate (which will hit you like a ton of bricks as soon as you step out of Don Muang Airport), a baby wipe is the most refreshing thing you can do for your unclimatized, sweaty face between showers.

5) When your driver stops at a roadside fruit vendor, buys you a bag of luscious fruit, you peel a few rambuttan or super juicy oranges, and your face/hands/lap are now soaked in sugary, sticky fluid, who ya gonna call? Baby Wipes!

When my relatives back in the home country ask me what they can send me each Birthday and Christmas, my needs are simple and consistent: B.W.

Total agree with you. Even I am a thai, I also bring some babywipes, easy to use to wash your hands and feet or when diarrhea. Humid climate is sometimes nasty too. For the treatment of bacterial diarrhea, dysentery, enteritis and gastro-intestinal infections use * Disento* good and you can buy any drugstore in Thailand. The green pill, take 1-2 each 4-6 hours. In Thai * Yaa Gae Tong Sia Disento......ยาแก้ท้องเสีย เป็นบิด ท้องร่วง ไดเซนโต....

Good suncream ( in Thailand is more expensive ), mp3 player***, your favarite books, good shoes.

The climate shall make you sick at the first days. Dont walk along dirty water when it is flood. If you cant avoid, then clean with soap ( Detol ). Ok, your antibody shall be stronger as long as you stay longer.

Have a safe flight. Welcome to Thailand, land of Angel or hel_l :o of cute mosquitoes.

12 hrs from now I'll be in the air wondering what humidity and rainy weather awaits. I guess I will soon see!

Heard northern LOS is flooded badly. Hope I'm not bringing the yorkshire showers with me.... at least the tea should follow .

12 hrs from now I'll be in the air wondering what humidity and rainy weather awaits. I guess I will soon see!

Heard northern LOS is flooded badly. Hope I'm not bringing the yorkshire showers with me.... at least the tea should follow .

Loz,

Check your mail now

Makyai

Loz,

Check your mail now

Makyai

Thank you one and all, off to the airport now. My mission, if I choose to accept it, is to not blow money on needless shinola at the duty free shops!

See you soon!

Makai, THanks for pm, not sure if I'll be able to pick up number in time but will try it if you send it.

Cheers,

Loz (in LOS)

Reasons:

Good post :o

• 2 weeks later...