help me choose one of these 4 luxury spots!

i have a friend coming in from overseas wanting to splash out on a luxury vacation for a few nights and he's trying to pick between these resorts. he (we) are looking for the best beach/service/pool combo and would love to hear some feedback:

Six Senses Koh Samui

Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa

Akaryn Koh Samui

The “Library” Koh Samui

Anyone have experience with these places, and/or the areas they're in?

All nice resorts. Just a few remarks;

Akaryn and six senses are pretty far from any civilisation. If guests don't intend to go anywhere else or have transport then fine of course.

Lawanna may not have much water in front at low tides. So depends on time of year if you have daytime swimming opportunity or a km mud in front.

All resorts face Northeast or East. Until at least March winds come from that direction so one can expect big waves. The past month was really bad, but is calming down now.

Until March my suggestion for luxury resort with nice calm beach would be Four Seasons (if within budget). But even further from everywhere.

Akaryn and six senses are pretty far from any civilisation. If guests don't intend to go anywhere else or have transport then fine of course.

Lawanna may not have much water in front at low tides. So depends on time of year if you have daytime swimming opportunity or a km mud in front.

All resorts face Northeast or East. Until at least March winds come from that direction so one can expect big waves. The past month was really bad, but is calming down now.

Until March my suggestion for luxury resort with nice calm beach would be Four Seasons (if within budget). But even further from everywhere.

thanks gulfsailor.

we're looking at mid-march. what do you think the tide will be doing at lawanna and co. then?

Actually wind is changing these days, as every year, the windy days of the last weeks here in the North should be more or less over. From February to April its coming from South-east, so the north coast should be fine.

My five cents worth

Six Senses Koh Samui

Far from everything and close to the flightpath.. Good resort and expect to pay European prices when you get there. Regularly at high occupancy rates, but you would not know it when staying there. Mostly faces sunrise. Some consruction nearby - and I can see you on your balcony thumbsup.gif

Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa

Sorry - got the wrong one.

Akaryn Koh Samui

Sorry - I have only been there once. I was not impressed. Not a great beach - faces south I think.

The “Library” Koh Samui

In the centre of things for sure. Good location on Chaweng beach and very good food. I would be concerned that it may be noisy at night - but I do not know. Close to the flightpath.

Other hotels mentioned -

Four Seasons - I was not impressed with the food or the rooms - too close together. (Bali a hundred times better.)

Banyan Tree - I do not know - sorry.

These are only my personal thoughts based on just a few visits etc.

My personal favourite

http://www.napasai.com/web/psam/napasai.jsp

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

personally i dont think theres a resort that has all your requirements

the beach at six senses is pretty much non existant

Anantara and Akaryn the same [not great beachs ]

library better beach for sure but in amongst crowded chaweng

Banyan tree might work

as might Tongsai bay

as might Rasinada ? in phangan

I think the Library is far enough south for noise to not be a problem late at night. Personally I don't mind the location and if your friends like things a bit lively then there's plenty nearby.

If you they want things a little more quiet the. Tongsai Bay would get my vote, not too far from Cheong Mon for restaurants and the like.