How Long For Post To Be Delivered from UK?

Robroona

Just been informed that an information package (documents only) has been sent to me from UK. Never had anything sent by regular mail before so I wonder

(a) Will it get here safely?

(B) When would it get here, assuming it was sent air mail?

© When would it get here assuming surface mail?

This topic has been done to death now.

Sometimes it's quick.

Sometimes it's fast.

Sometimes it doesn't even arrive (and I don't need any smug posters coming on here blabbering away that they have never had anything lost before. Bully for you, because I have)

How longs a piece of string?

• Like 1

This topic has been done to death now.

Sometimes it's quick.

Sometimes it's fast.

Sometimes it doesn't even arrive (and I don't need any smug posters coming on here blabbering away that they have never had anything lost before. Bully for you, because I have)

How longs a piece of string?

I agree with the above.

It also depends where you live, village mail (where I live) is very bad.

My mail from England can take up to 3 months or not arrive at all.

Recently had problems with mail sent from my pension people that required to send to the British Embassy for visa renewal. Have 3 pensions. one letter took a month the other 7 weeks and the other still not arrived 4 months later. Thankfully the British Embassy were understanding and issued my letter for immigration though letters from pension people should not be more than a month old. Now I have come to an agreement with the Embassy that they will accept email (or attachments) as confirmation of pensions paid.

When ever possible, such as mail from my family, I have it sent registered as other mail has never arrived, but even this takes on average 10 to 14 days.

When I lived in Pattaya it was normally one week.

I wonder where the letters actually go to for the 7, 10, 15 days or however long it takes them to get here?

To my way of thinking if you post a letter in the UK it should be at Heathrow airport the next day, in a plane on the same day and at BKK airport a day later.

So that should be 3 days at most. Then a couple of days for a leisurely trip to Pattaya and on to your address.

I wonder where the letters actually go to for the 7, 10, 15 days or however long it takes them to get here?

To my way of thinking if you post a letter in the UK it should be at Heathrow airport the next day, in a plane on the same day and at BKK airport a day later.

So that should be 3 days at most. Then a couple of days for a leisurely trip to Pattaya and on to your address.

They seem to hold them at the Banglamung sorting office until they decide they've got enough to make it worth actually delivering them. I had several batches of Christmas cards that were posted in the UK on completely different dates but they all had the same date on the Banglamung stamp and they all arrived here on the same day.

All except the small Christmas pudding that my brother sent me in November. That never appeared, so I assume that Postman Phichit was peckish that day, or maybe he gave it to his mia noi as a pee mai present.