Maids Wages

tuky

We did have some "family help" a little while back, but the missus complained that they couldn't do the job as good as she did... so they were sent packing.

:D:D:D

or was it the bok bok being produced on the lounge room floor?

That... and the missing shoes... whiskey... bourbon... etc. :o

Sorry, Jai Dee - your post just brought back painful memories - we all have our crosses to bear :D

Mate... she's no cross believe me... no pain at all... she's an absolute gem... and I love her to bits.

:D

Going wage in Sriracha for a non-live-in maid: B3,000/mo.

Live-in status is a bump in that wage amount in and of itself, which would cover the add-on provided to non-live-in maids whose duties also include child-care. If she's not a live-in, the child-care extra duty would add around B1,500/mo.

If she's an exceptionally good worker, B1,000 over the 3K. (assuming she's a live-in)

With apologies to Matt, there's university graduates working in commercial business jobs making less than B10,000 a month in Sriracha.

:o

My friend's friend, fresh out of uni received an office job at a Japanese auto company @ 15k/mo. She used to work at Assum... How are you btw? hope things are well.

--matt

sheesh... 35 posts now... :D this thread has legs.... Guys, I was just kidding about the "6 page" comment.... :D

I would mow the lawn if I had a mower, honest I would.

For tuky's missus eyes ONLY:

I'll bring my mower by for tuky to use.. :D

Do all expats have maids - live in or not?

I don't... my missus wouldn't trust anyone working in our house. :D

We did have some "family help" a little while back, but the missus complained that they couldn't do the job as good as she did... so they were sent packing.

Guess my missus has pretty high standards... bless her.

same same, here.... :D

and no maids. and no lounge-created bok bok sounds... :D

I sorta feel guilty too when I consider she also works full-time outside the home... while I don't. :o

Edited by sriracha john

Going wage in Sriracha for a non-live-in maid: B3,000/mo.

Live-in status is a bump in that wage amount in and of itself, which would cover the add-on provided to non-live-in maids whose duties also include child-care. If she's not a live-in, the child-care extra duty would add around B1,500/mo.

If she's an exceptionally good worker, B1,000 over the 3K. (assuming she's a live-in)

With apologies to Matt, there's university graduates working in commercial business jobs making less than B10,000 a month in Sriracha.

My friend's friend, fresh out of uni received an office job at a Japanese auto company @ 15k/mo. She used to work at Assum... How are you btw? hope things are well.

--matt

Very well, thank you... and likewise, hope things are going good for you, too. :D

I'm glad for your friend's friend. That's very good for starting around here. Friend of the family just got her BA and felt lucky to find work in nearby Amata for 9,000... :D

The maids who work at your last employer make 3,100 a month for cleaning a rather large, commercial place (dare say it's more labor-intensive than an at-home position).

If markuk is offering up to 11,000... he'd find no shortage of maids around here.

Edited by sriracha john

I would mow the lawn if I had a mower, honest I would.

For tuky's missus eyes ONLY:

I'll bring my mower by for tuky to use.. :o

Alright mate, you got me. We pay a team 500baht a go for them to mow, prune, sculpt the hedges etc.

BTW, after calling the missus and telling her to buy a sprinkler to free up my ciggie hand she informed me "thats what the maid is for" so does that mean another small pay rise? Like I mean I can't expect her to follow me around holding my ciggie as well as her other duties right?

I wanted to post a reply the last time when i saw your question but the forum was down for a while. And now it's like 3 pages long???? Interesting topic yeah?

Anyway, I live in Sriracha and I've got two kids too. I've got a maid provided by the condominium. She handles two appartments. Starts work at 8 in the morn and finishes at 5pm. Takes a lunch break between 12pm-1pm,works from Monday to Saturday and the only public holiday for her is songkran (2days off only), does all the housework except cooking and is paid by the condominium at 165baht per day which makes up to about 3900baht per month.

And every wednesday we'll go for a dinner as a couple and get her to take care of our kids at 50baht per hr. And usually offer her a lift back or an overnight stay in our guest room.

For your information, there's about 30maids working in this condominium getting paid at about the same rate. So yes, 6000baht is kinda well paid for them.

I wanted to post a reply the last time when i saw your question but the forum was down for a while. And now it's like 3 pages long???? Interesting topic yeah?

Anyway, I live in Sriracha and I've got two kids too. I've got a maid provided by the condominium. She handles two appartments. Starts work at 8 in the morn and finishes at 5pm. Takes a lunch break between 12pm-1pm,works from Monday to Saturday and the only public holiday for her is songkran (2days off only), does all the housework except cooking and is paid by the condominium at 165baht per day which makes up to about 3900baht per month.

And every wednesday we'll go for a dinner as a couple and get her to take care of our kids at 50baht per hr. And usually offer her a lift back or an overnight stay in our guest room.

For your information, there's about 30maids working in this condominium getting paid at about the same rate. So yes, 6000baht is kinda well paid for them.

Agreed based on all the #'s on this post. If 3k is going rate and you're already paying her 4500, bumping her up to 6k is a very nice gesture without spoiling her. See how you feel in another 3-6 months if you think she deserves more still.

Talking to the maid at my hotel in Phuket she was getting 200baht a day for 8am-5pm, 1 hour off at lunch, 7 days a week. no holidays. Must admit she said "pay no good", but she kept working there..

In the PTY area, I think 5k - 6k for a good maid and full time are ok. Certainly some girls are asking for a higher wage. After all, it is up to you, as it is not that easy to find a good AND reliable maid.

Agreed based on all the #'s on this post. If 3k is going rate and you're already paying her 4500, bumping her up to 6k is a very nice gesture without spoiling her. See how you feel in another 3-6 months if you think she deserves more still.

Sorry if all our postings on this hot thread Wednesday caused Thaivisa to overheat and cause the whole forum to go offline...

As for bumping up the 6K, it'd be more appropriate to review her salary in like 3 years, not 3 months, as that will probably be the more likely timeframe for typical wages to double (which the 6K represents now) in Sriracha.