Soi 6, Koh Larn targeted in lasted anti-drug campaign

Rimmer

Soi 6, Koh Larn targeted in lasted anti-drug campaign

n6Narcotics-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Regional law enforcement is targeting Soi 6 and Koh Larn for stepped-up action against drug use.

Areepakdi Ngenbamroong, director of the Areas Coordination Division at the Narcotics Control Office Region 2, and Banglamung District Chief Sakchai Taengho launched the community “x-ray” projects to look closer at the bar district and island with plans to use gentle persuasion to curb drug use and, if that fails, raids and arrests.

Areepakdi said Soi 6’s Yodsak community was chosen as it historically has had high levels of drug use by the more than 700 bar employees working on the street. Koh Larn was targeted for drug use by both locals and tourists.
- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/soi-6-koh-larn-targeted-in-lasted-anti-drug-campaign-34455#sthash.Lurakfv2.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-01-31 footer_n.gif

targeted in lasted anti-drug campaign

Am I the only one curious about the lasted anti-drug campaign.

How long has it lasted?

Will it last longer than the press release takes to read?

Is this the latest tactic in the war on English language and drugs?

You beat me to it! Is it so difficult to come up with "lasting" or "long-lasting"? Do they get google translate to make their headlines?

Edited by BugJackBaron

targeted in lasted anti-drug campaign

Am I the only one curious about the lasted anti-drug campaign.

How long has it lasted?

Will it last longer than the press release takes to read?

Is this the latest tactic in the war on English language and drugs?

You beat me to it! Is it so difficult to come up with "lasting" or "long-lasting"? Do they get google translate to make their headlines?

I suspect they meant "latest".

Farang in the photo looks really happy about being in on the action - and now he's on the web too - cool.

(".....just nipping out for a paper love, see you later ....")

Well it has been probably 15 years since I have been down Soi 6, and then I never stopped, if I ever did stop by for a quick drink and a photo of me being there was posted on the web, I think I would die of shame.

mentioned it before, but to put a perspective on this for those unfamiliar with Thailand, the police sell yaba to the inmates in the cells at soi 9, and I would guess control most of the market outside as well, except perhaps in the 2 areas mentioned.

that they are trying to crack down on a few bars but refuse to drug test boat and jetski operators is another give away, they want a bigger market, not a smaller one. remember only a few years back they exterminated a lot of the competition in order to control the market

Farang in the photo looks really happy about being in on the action - and now he's on the web too - cool.

(".....just nipping out for a paper love, see you later ....")

Well it has been probably 15 years since I have been down Soi 6, and then I never stopped, if I ever did stop by for a quick drink and a photo of me being there was posted on the web, I think I would die of shame.

its 30yrs since I lived in soi 6 not a girlie bar in sight.

can you imagine young johnny seeing that,"mam mam come quick dads picture is on the net,yes son he's giving the kids oral lessons.

"can I go"tongue.png