What Sandwich do you wish you could find here and if you do where in Pattaya?

TheWizardofRnR

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with a plain fried egg sandwich.

Butter-fried broken yoke egg on white toast with mayo, salt and pepper.

Fast, cheap, easy & good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you were to lose the "white bread", I could agree.

It would just a a fried egg if you lost the bread.

Exactly.

Or you could replace the white bread with something more healthy such as all grain etc.

I could hold the mayo & salt, and replace the egg with boiled chicken as well.

I generally do not like white bread, but IMHO, for a fried egg sandwich, nothing else quite does it. Egg salad goes nice on a good whole grain bread.

How about a patty-melt with pepper-jack on extra sour-dough with fried onion and Ortega chili?

That's some good greazin' right there...

I went to University of MIami I miss Cuban Sandwich in South Florida. The recipe looks simple but was never the same when I tried to make it at home...must be the Cuban bread, the hot press, the spanish olive oil.

Edited by Thailand J

I went to University of MIami I miss Cuban Sandwich in South Florida. The recipe looks simple but was never the same when I tried to make it at home...must be the Cuban bread, the hot press, the spanish olive oil.

And the coffee...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Whatever. Talking about the Aussie custom of sticking it on burgers, and such. Not the botanical origin.

Chilies are from the Americas. Is Thai food with chilies American food?

Next ...

Is there such a thing as American food as opposed to bastardised immigrants fodder?

Next....

Of course there is. Fries.

French fries are American?

No, but we wish they were.

Ok, you guys inspired me (and... I obviously have too much time on my hands). I am from New England, which probably slants my view, but here are the top ten sandwiches that I would love to find here:

1) Lobster roll

2) Crab (real!) roll

3) Fried Clam Roll

4) Italian Cold Cuts Sub (preferably with roast eggplant and hot chili relish)

5) Italian Veal Parmigiana Sub

6) Kosher Corned Beef Sandwich

7) Kosher Pastrami Sandwich

8) New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich

9) El Cuban Sandwich

10) Steak Bomb Sub

What , no pork dishes?

Actually any Italian cold cut sandwich , usually has salami and prosciutto , all pork!

French Fries come as Pommes Frites the term used in France but the Dutch and Belgians use chips....there's allot of answers on Google! Its just become the American generic word for them ,like we call Emmenthaler Cheese just Swiss Cheese,although there are more cheeses from Switzerland then just Emmenthaler !

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

Rueben, Pastrami, and Corned Beef Sandwiches.

Have Never found any of these Anywhere in Thailand

Although they're nothing like the Pastrami & Corned beef I miss, Friendship sells both beef and pork pastrami, and Foodmart has corned beef in a tin.

If you saw an earlier post ,our deli made NY Deli Corned Beef & Pastrami ,it wasn't Kosher but no pork came in contact with it and we kept a clean kitchen! I have also tried what some people think is corned beef or got sent hash style,like in the can!

We corned our brisket for 17-21 days , Pastrami cured wet for 4-5 days & dry rubbed about 10-14 days....they use cuts other then brisket,it ain't the same!

Whatever. Talking about the Aussie custom of sticking it on burgers, and such. Not the botanical origin.

Chilies are from the Americas. Is Thai food with chilies American food?

Next ...

Is there such a thing as American food as opposed to bastardised immigrants fodder?

Next....

Sure thing. Ozzies and Poms only ate chips till a Colonel Sanders invented fries.

Next....

Sure thing. Ozzies and Poms only ate chips till a Colonel Sanders invented fries.

I think not, but nice try!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries

The King of sandwiches - the internationally famous Chip Butty clap2.gif

I think the international fame that comes from a chip butty is when Brits are traveling. I can assure you that the vast majority of people in my home country couldn't tell you what a chip butty is (thankfully LOL). I remember having lunch with some English friends and one of them asked me if was going to finish my 'chips'. as they were not to my liking, i.e. limp and greasy, I gladly gave them up, The next thing I see is the guy putting them between two pieces of buttered white bread and gobbling it down with great pleasure. I was surprised as i had never heard of such a strange combination. Each to his own, but I have never been tempted to try this all-carbohydrate sandwich.

I think the international fame that comes from a chip butty is when Brits are traveling. I can assure you that the vast majority of people in my home country couldn't tell you what a chip butty is (thankfully LOL). I remember having lunch with some English friends and one of them asked me if was going to finish my 'chips'. as they were not to my liking, i.e. limp and greasy, I gladly gave them up, The next thing I see is the guy putting them between two pieces of buttered white bread and gobbling it down with great pleasure. I was surprised as i had never heard of such a strange combination. Each to his own, but I have never been tempted to try this all-carbohydrate sandwich.

Where would your home country be squire (Sir)?

Where would your home country be squire (Sir)?

I think it is best not to say. It's not that I am ashamed of my home country. I am quite proud of it, actually. It's just that this forum seems to have too many people just waiting to criticize people from other countries. I am sure that my countrymen and I would quickly be scoffed at for not being aware of such wonderful international cuisine.

• Like 1

I won't pussyfoot around. I'm a Yank and the very idea of a chip butty is DISGUSTING. bah.gif Are you trying to get a heart attack or something? In the UK, is GREASE classified as a vegetable? No, I never heard of that monstrosity of a so called "food" until I lived in Pattaya.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The chip buttie is an old English favorite of many years, the question of whether or not it's healthy is academic, it isn't, but they are very enjoyable provided all the ingredients are done properly, you should try one JT, just for the experience.

The chip buttie is an old English favorite of many years, the question of whether or not it's healthy is academic, it isn't, but they are very enjoyable provided all the ingredients are done properly, you should try one JT, just for the experience.

Yes, I'm sure but if I'm looking to gain 5 kilos from one meal, I can think of more delicious ways to do it ...

• Like 1

Actually ,when I was at the Derby King on Patpong I ,I had a chip butty on the menu , New Orleans also has a FF Po-Boy at many places.....I mean the chip butty got a lotta stuff on it ,every condiment i had from US and then some!

Only ever had 1 customer for the chip butty , good Old Mad Dog...

I won't pussyfoot around. I'm a Yank and the very idea of a chip butty is DISGUSTING. bah.gif Are you trying to get a heart attack or something? In the UK, is GREASE classified as a vegetable? No, I never heard of that monstrosity of a so called "food" until I lived in Pattaya.

Never heard of fried bread/toast until I came to Pattaya and had an English breakfast. Taste not bad though with a couple fried foods eggs on top.

It sounds disgusting, but as it's fried and unhealthy, there is little doubt that I would like it.

• Like 2

I just wish Pret A Manger would open a Bangkok branch...

http://www.pret.com/

What, you want to die even more quickly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1375525/Pret-A-Manger-The-alarming-truth-fresh-healthy-lunch.html

I'll take the risk! To be honest, any Daily Mail food scare story should be taken with a (literal) pinch of salt!

I just wish Pret A Manger would open a Bangkok branch...

http://www.pret.com/

What, you want to die even more quickly!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1375525/Pret-A-Manger-The-alarming-truth-fresh-healthy-lunch.html

I'll take the risk! To be honest, any Daily Mail food scare story should be taken with a (literal) pinch of salt!

Agreed the Daily Mail is not the pinnacle of medical knowledge but, the articles therein usually have a decent basis in fact.

Rich Man Poor Man on Soi 9 Jomtien has a full range of US sandwiches including Pastrami, Reubens, Philly Cheese steak, meatball subs and the list goes on. I only found this place at the weekend so cannot tell you what they are all like but I guarantee that I will know. The food I had was excellent.