What Sandwich do you wish you could find here and if you do where in Pattaya?

TheWizardofRnR

Hopefully this will only appear once.

So I am not accused of only detracting from the thread. One of my favourites from Spain was a Grilled/Toasted Serano Ham and Roquefort sandwich.

RabC how much did it cost in Spain figured in Baht, since Serrano varies from 8-900B a kilo or more and cheapest Roquefort here is over 1000B a kilo to almost 2000B...so to make it here it we would have to sell for

600B and thats on the cheaper end probably more !

I make my own here and each sandwich costs me about 250-300 baht to make. I dont have them very often but a real treat once in a while.

Edited by RabC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea.......... in Laos can get a pretty good crusty bread roll which is a start.. you can find French bread and rolls here, but appear 2 options soft and soggy or rock hard.. Guess if you live in a City you have more options ?

in UK, Waitrose did a very good crusty bread roll over filled with hot bacon..

Lots of places to buy crusty bread in Chiang Mai and certainly in Bangkok, Rimping, Tesco, Big C, Tops, all have bakeries now and all sell french bread and rolls etc.

It's the same in Pattaya...the bakery at Big C Extra is the tops. The days of Pattaya being a western-style bread dessert are long gone. Even over here in the Darkside we have great bakeries, e.g., Holland Cafe.

A (hot) roast pork, with stuffing and gravy, in a baguette (some pork crackling too).

Used to be able to get them years ago in The George & Dragon (Soi Xcyte), but haven't seen / heard of anywhere else since.

If anyone does know of somewhere doing a reasonable one, please advise.

Don't know where to get them like this in Thai but this is my favorite also but with just a bit of apple sauce on there as well.
Had a word with the landlord of Jameson's and he has agreed to put this on the specials menu (Roast pork on a crusty French bread stick, with side dishes of stuffing, gravy, and apple sauce, and crackling) for the week of 17th Feb to 23rd Feb. I believe it will also be served with potatoes and carrots. So if anyone is interested pop into Jamo's next week.