Bangkok named the world’s 3rd top tourist destinations

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2nd position has me puzzled. Why do so many people want to visit Singapore? For what?

The above links gave a few reasons. SG is also extremely safe & relatively clean. English is widely spoken. Moreover it has legal red light areas which attract some of the most attractive ladies from places like Vietnam & China.

The average visit to SG is only 3-4 days, as there is not a lot to see & it is small. OTOH visitors to Thailand stay much longer, more like 10 to 14 days.

SG has been called the USA of Asia. Only 2 hours from BKK

People visit Singapore because it's safe, clean and they speak English? Really? You forgot to mention that you can't get chewing gum on your shoes. biggrin.png

I think the numbers could be exaggerated somewhat. I've had to enter and exit Singapore (never leaving airport) quite a number of times using low cost carriers.

Safety does matter to some people. The more suicidally inclined are fine visiting places with land mines, bombs & grenades going off.

Yes it does, but there's plenty of safe places around besides Singapore. I don't think that's the main draw card. It has to be the no chewing gum law - it's safe to wear your best shoes out when shopping in Orchard Road. biggrin.png...and of course lots of friendly tailors.

Edited by tropo

The above links gave a few reasons. SG is also extremely safe & relatively clean. English is widely spoken. Moreover it has legal red light areas which attract some of the most attractive ladies from places like Vietnam & China.

The average visit to SG is only 3-4 days, as there is not a lot to see & it is small. OTOH visitors to Thailand stay much longer, more like 10 to 14 days.

SG has been called the USA of Asia. Only 2 hours from BKK

People visit Singapore because it's safe, clean and they speak English? Really? You forgot to mention that you can't get chewing gum on your shoes. biggrin.png

I think the numbers could be exaggerated somewhat. I've had to enter and exit Singapore (never leaving airport) quite a number of times using low cost carriers.

Safety does matter to some people. The more suicidally inclined are fine visiting places with land mines, bombs & grenades going off.

Yes it does, but there's plenty of safe places around besides Singapore. I don't think that's the main draw card. It has to be the no chewing gum law - it's safe to wear your best shoes out when shopping in Orchard Road. biggrin.png...and of course lots of friendly tailors.

Speaking English is a significant drawing factor for me, personally, although i find little difficulty with language issues in BKK. But if you've never been to SG, you might enjoy the chance of meeting up with celebrities such as Batman bin Suparman:

http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/man-named-batman-son-suparman-jailed-singapore-205830003.html