Do thai University girls avoid relationships with Farang?

whitethai

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think they have a problem.

My wife is a Uni Graduate. Her eldest daughter is also a Uni Graduate and married to an American, living happily in the USA.

As others have suggested, depends on the Farang....if he is a grotty, tattooed, beer swilling, flip-flop wearer then I doubt any self respecting Thai Girl, Uni Graduate or not, is going to want to be seen with him.

Nor would a Caucasian lady......

• Like 1

Any girl in any country is going to prefer to go out with guys who speak her language and has the same culture. Most probably haven't given it any thought at all as to dating a foreigner, why would she? But her being in university probably makes her more open to intercultural 'adventure'. When I was an exchange student, there were a group of girls who had studied abroad before who liked hanging out with us foreigners. In places like RCA, back then in the early 2000s, there was A LOT of interest by uni girls. Not quite the same for me these days, have to work for it more, but things even out, because now I have more moneybiggrin.png

Any girl in any country?? Not really. Actually many women ... esp. younger ones ... find certain foreign men much more desirable than the local fare. A real panty dropper for many American women is a guy with a French accent. Go figure.

My former uni gf's friends often asked me to set them up with one of my farang friends. Also, I knew three younger-twenties guys (Aussie, Yank & Brit) who spoke very good Thai and they'd hang around some mall near a large BKK university cruising for uni girls. They did very well, indeed, and said it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Not sure about what it is like now but I met a lovely girl at a bakery in Sakhon Nohkon about 10 years ago she was studying law and 20 at the time . I was 49 and travelling around Thailand . We were both walking into the shop and I opened the door for her and said hi how are you and we just started chatting and things progressed from there . We are still great friends she is still unmarried and is a partner in a well respected law firm in Korat . I think if you treat people with respect and irrespective of who or what they are anything is possible .

If you are young, have ton of money, are easy to please, and aren't a control freak, then you might just have chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Young farangs in Thailand do not have a ton of money. If they did, they wouldn't be in Thailand chasing peasant farm girls with whom they can barely communicate. So the Thai ladies have a clear choice when chasing the farang: financial security (older farang) or young, virile, and poor (young farang).

There are exceptions, of course, which I'm sure we'll hear about.

Any girl in any country is going to prefer to go out with guys who speak her language and has the same culture. Most probably haven't given it any thought at all as to dating a foreigner, why would she? But her being in university probably makes her more open to intercultural 'adventure'. When I was an exchange student, there were a group of girls who had studied abroad before who liked hanging out with us foreigners. In places like RCA, back then in the early 2000s, there was A LOT of interest by uni girls. Not quite the same for me these days, have to work for it more, but things even out, because now I have more moneybiggrin.png

Any girl in any country?? Not really. Actually many women ... esp. younger ones ... find certain foreign men much more desirable than the local fare. A real panty dropper for many American women is a guy with a French accent. Go figure.

My former uni gf's friends often asked me to set them up with one of my farang friends. Also, I knew three younger-twenties guys (Aussie, Yank & Brit) who spoke very good Thai and they'd hang around some mall near a large BKK university cruising for uni girls. They did very well, indeed, and said it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Of course when girls are that easy to hit it's usually because they've already been hit many, many times before! rolleyes.gif

Edited by bigbamboo

One think I noticed many do have sponsers of some sort.

Meaning they are taken care of , I personally know Thai men who have uni girls on the side

So they are attainable depends on what u are looking for , if it is just a one night stand or longer I am sure there are places in bkk were they hang out.

I am sure some posters on here can tell u the best places to meet them .

Yaaaaaaawn.....saai.gif Boooooring ... Where did you get these topics and people asking these questions? By the way how old is the candidate for the heart of the school girl? 60 ? 80? And why is that, the university girls are not interested in him? Ask Woody Allen. He knows something about it.

Some finance their way thru uni by working the bars of some posh hotels in Bangkok waiting for passing businessmen to help them with their business administration courses. Don't ask me how I know that!

You ain't gonna catch one if you are wearing tatoos, a beer belly and a wife-beater.

Not even if you have plenty of money? That's the only way any of these guys will get any girlfriends.

They marry 'em (Farang teachers) at OUR university!

Sent from my tin can via string

Is there not any comeback from the university on this sort of thing?

The ones I know quit voluntarily and then moved into new jobs at another uni. -- with their new wives, of course.

The majority of TV members have a university educated gf or wife, so I don't think the avoid farang relationships. coffee1.gif

I have never come across any Farangs with a university educated wife in my eight years of living here. Mrs Possum was in full time education till she was 22 years old, that's the nearest I've seen. If my experience of Farangs is anything to go by, I would say most TV members are married to ex bargirls, and I'll tell you what, every single one of them that I know are much better people and are more hospitable than any girl I have known in the UK.

I would say, and this is only an opinion, ex bargirls are more likely to make better wives than university girls.

• Like 2

They marry 'em (Farang teachers) at OUR university!

Is there not any comeback from the university on this sort of thing?

There are plenty of University and College students in their twenties, so what would be wrong with a teacher marrying them if they went to teach at another school? or if the student herself went to another Uni?

The majority of TV members have a university educated gf or wife, so I don't think the avoid farang relationships. coffee1.gif

I have never come across any Farangs with a university educated wife in my eight years of living here. Mrs Possum was in full time education till she was 22 years old, that's the nearest I've seen. If my experience of Farangs is anything to go by, I would say most TV members are married to ex bargirls, and I'll tell you what, every single one of them that I know are much better people and are more hospitable than any girl I have known in the UK.

I would say, and this is only an opinion, ex bargirls are more likely to make better wives than university girls.

Sure. Bar girls are excellent wives. Even not ex-ones. Actually, there are no ex bar girls. Bar girl always bar girl.

Edited by JHenry
  • Like 1

I will say they are much more careful these days. To be honest middle aged balding man who has high opinion

of himself will not have much success unless he's flashing cash and paying for new phones etc.

What is wrong with middle aged balding men? They can attract women without flashing cash. It's the grossly obese, tattooed, simmet wearing, facial haired guys that would need to flash the cash.

Sure. Bar girls are excellent wives. Even not ex-ones. Actually, there are no ex bar girls. Bar girl always bar girl.

Not true.

• Like 2

I was an exchange student in Bangers 2009 and let me tell you girls would literally throw themselves over us guys sometimes. This was in places like RCA, funky, Narz, WIP which cater to upper class thais, so most of the people there have some sort of degree.

Beeing 23 and goodlooking didn't hurt though :).

Of course, there were girls that were wary of approaching westerners, but in general you were a catch among female university educated predators.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

in your eight years you must have spent a lot of time with ex/current bar girls. My wife is university educated, and a few of the guys i know have wives that were. I suppose it comes down to the circles you move in. We've all done the bar scene..........but it does get boring.............you can take the girl out of the bar BUT ..........................you know the rest !

Well

I will say they are much more careful these days. To be honest middle aged balding man who has high opinion

of himself will not have much success unless he's flashing cash and paying for new phones etc.

What is wrong with middle aged balding men? They can attract women without flashing cash. It's the grossly obese, tattooed, simmet wearing, facial haired guys that would need to flash the cash.

I have my head shaved, but no tattoos and no gut, and no problem !!!! Mind you treating a girl with a bit of respect works wonders too !

• Like 1