Honda Click tyre upgrade

mallymal

Hi all

I'm thinking of replacing the OEM tyres that come with 2012 125i with mag wheels.

I'm looking for a tubeless tyre with good grip - any suggestions?

Also I'm in Chiang Rai where choice seems to be limited...

Suggestions/considerations please?

What's this I hear of some people putting wider tyres on - worth it/easy to buy?

cheers!

The Click 125 has already wide enough tires, upgraded from the 110. It is not necessary nor advisable to fit a bigger size.

fair enough. If I want a grippier tyre (as opposed to most hard-wearing) any suggestions available in thailand? (tubeless)

thanks!

Michelin is the way to go. About 1500B for the pair, very good IMO.

Probably you got the M29S

0000_michelin_m29s_moped_tire__--.jpg

If money is no objection, what one would want is the Pilot Street. But these are import only. Maybe I should bring a pair.

Pilot-Street.jpg

Fitted a wider rear tyre to my Wave, made a huge difference to comfort, especially two up over the bumps.

I don't corner fast on Thai roads so don't care about grip, but doubt if the wider rear would help much.

Wave comes with 80/90 on rear.

Click 125 with 90/90 already.

So no upgrade is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got a pair of pilot streets, went to get them fitted and told I need to go buy valves to have them fitted tubeless- will any valve do it do I need certain type? Bit of a novice at this!

Go to a tire shop for big bikes, and have the wheels balanced if possible. They will fit valves, etc.

Just been told honda click 125i with mag wheels can't take tubeless tyres - is this true? Was a tyre shop that deals with big bikes and seems to know his stuf. If this is the case, why did honda shop send me out looking for a valve so they can fit my pilot streets tubeless?! I'm confused!

Just been told honda click 125i with mag wheels can't take tubeless tyres - is this true? Was a tyre shop that deals with big bikes and seems to know his stuf. If this is the case, why did honda shop send me out looking for a valve so they can fit my pilot streets tubeless?! I'm confused!

we're having this discussion in another thread already, please don't post duplicates.