British tourists in Bangkok warned to stay indoors on election day to avoid protests

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only British?

for sure after bbc man johnathon head messed it up for us with his very biased reporting,its on social media now ..thais think of him and hes english/british and it hasnt gone down too well...utter lowlife brownose..wai2.gif

Thai's hate him. I like him and defend him. He says what's on his mind. He has said disagree with what he writes, but don't hate him. I agree with this. I much rather someone like him, who gets into the fray, than Dan Rivers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

for the last few months the great majority of tourists go strait from bkk to don muang, train and bus stations.

as not a tourist I'm going tomorrow to the polling station to record on my camera everything what;s happening there, just if any evidence for the courts is needed. I will use an application on my smartphone used for recording road accidents - if nothing happens the older film is re-recorded, ad finitum

You are either very brave or foolish. This is not a dress rehearsal

I vote foolish.

I vote idiotic. Anyone else?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well why would they go out, not like they can go and enjoy a quick bev on there holiday is it. This stuff is really crazy

So the only reason Brits would leave a hotel is to drink booze? Probably cheaper to stay in UK if that's all they'd want to do.

Anyway they can most likely stay in the hotel and order "a quick bev" sent to THEIR room if that's all it takes to make THEIR day.

In another thread about all the embassies that were cautioning their citizens, someone pointed out that the British Embassy wasn't on the list. One response was that they assumed their citizens knew how to look after themselves. So does this change in policy mean that someone at the Embassy woke up to what's going on in Bangkok or does it mean they reassessed the likelihood that their citizens were in need of guidance from nanny?

Well why would they go out, not like they can go and enjoy a quick bev on there holiday is it. This stuff is really crazy

So the only reason Brits would leave a hotel is to drink booze? Probably cheaper to stay in UK if that's all they'd want to do.

Anyway they can most likely stay in the hotel and order "a quick bev" sent to THEIR room if that's all it takes to make THEIR day.

In another thread about all the embassies that were cautioning their citizens, someone pointed out that the British Embassy wasn't on the list. One response was that they assumed their citizens knew how to look after themselves. So does this change in policy mean that someone at the Embassy woke up to what's going on in Bangkok or does it mean they reassessed the likelihood that their citizens were in need of guidance from nanny?

U.K. is not 100%, but at least there is interest or no one would even mention it. By the way you from which country that doesn't give a hoot about it's citizens ??

The bad thinking about Brits and booze --is it inherited ??? there are % of all nations who like to socialize. Mix with a few decent Brits, maybe you see too many old drunken Brits around seedy bars---change your venues.

• Like 1

Only British?

for sure after bbc man johnathon head messed it up for us with his very biased reporting,its on social media now ..thais think of him and hes english/british and it hasnt gone down too well...utter lowlife brownose..wai2.gif

Thai's hate him. I like him and defend him. He says what's on his mind. He has said disagree with what he writes, but don't hate him. I agree with this. I much rather someone like him, who gets into the fray, than Dan Rivers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

there is reporting and theirs not telling the whole truth ...journalism should be unbiased wherever you report it look on the bbc homepage example they say thaksin lives in exile.when infact hes a fugitive on the run..no matter who you support in this mess its still a fact that cant be denied.regards..winston-c

Only British?

Oh, yes..only the Brits ( older, larger, slower), everyone else perfectly safe..

Not particularly bases on any facts, but an opinion stated assertively. (Possibly speaking for himself?)

The same degree of credibility as most of your posts ............... not a lot!

• Like 1

I am a 28 year old white guy from North America. I am going a polling station too tomorrow. I wanna see how crazy it is.

So in my opinion it's both brave and foolish. But very interesting.

Everyone else who is chicken can stay at home and talk about how all they did was go to the peaceful protests and brag about that

Nobody here in Thailand to care if your "rights" are "violated." Mom and Dad won't get you out of a mess very easily. And complaining to Obama is unlikely to help either. Go ahead, however, and make somebody's day.

• Like 1

Almost 1 part of that reply made sense.

I never said I cared about my rights being violated¿?

Not from America, so I won't cry to Obama anyway.

Making someone's day????

Sense no make you did.

They ain't gunna care about some whiteboy standing on the side. I have nothing to do with any of it.

Taking a white boy hostage is going to prove their point to the side??

The protesters/observers at Kent State had similar views!

I am a 28 year old white guy from North America. I am going a polling station too tomorrow. I wanna see how crazy it is.

Everyone else who is chicken can stay at home and talk about how all they did was go to the peaceful protests and brag about that

I tremble in awe and admiration. wub.png

• Like 1

there is reporting and theirs not telling the whole truth ...journalism should be unbiased wherever you report it look on the bbc homepage example they say thaksin lives in exile.when infact hes a fugitive on the run..no matter who you support in this mess its still a fact that cant be denied.regards..winston-c

Well since he seems to live openly in some style in Dubai, travelling the world freely, exile seems to fit the bill rather than fugitive. I suppose it all depends on how much you hate him!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"British tourists in Bangkok warned to stay indoors on election day to avoid protests"

Only the British??? And what about the other nations who work, retire and live in Thailand, such as Americans, Germans, Russians, Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc...???

Everyone else shall just go out and get shot, yeah I get it... SMFH

Thailand is very safe and good for all foreigners because Thai people are loving and caring peple. Of course if you are a tourist it is the most safe, if you start looking for trouble with pointing camera n agitating question then it might not be 100% safe but it is still one of the safest fun places on planet Earth for holiday. Tonight there is still a fun loving party feeling with the musky smell of love in the air everywhere -- Bangkok has 24 hr everything within yards of your doorstep so u can easily have everything without going anywhere, all u need is a mobile phone to place your order, I have international restaurants and stores and massage parlor in my condo that I find better value and quality than going out anyway. That said the city center is peaceful and lots of interesting people to meet and jive with and I so not fall for media hype so I will continue my peaceful holiday peacefully in this peaceful land.

Hope you have enough saved from your 30 grand Government school job to pay your medical bills ...

• Like 1

Thailand is very safe and good for all foreigners because Thai people are loving and caring peple. Of course if you are a tourist it is the most safe, if you start looking for trouble with pointing camera n agitating question then it might not be 100% safe but it is still one of the safest fun places on planet Earth for holiday. Tonight there is still a fun loving party feeling with the musky smell of love in the air everywhere -- Bangkok has 24 hr everything within yards of your doorstep so u can easily have everything without going anywhere, all u need is a mobile phone to place your order, I have international restaurants and stores and massage parlor in my condo that I find better value and quality than going out anyway. That said the city center is peaceful and lots of interesting people to meet and jive with and I so not fall for media hype so I will continue my peaceful holiday peacefully in this peaceful land.

That's the spirit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEYwmfd65C8

• Like 1

"British tourists in Bangkok warned to stay indoors on election day to avoid protests"

Only the British??? And what about the other nations who work, retire and live in Thailand, such as Americans, Germans, Russians, Japanese, Chinese, Indians, etc...???

Everyone else shall just go out and get shot, yeah I get it... SMFH

Did you actually read and understand the opening post before you wrote this?

You're really brave, are you ex Special Forces by any chance?

He is definitely "Special"... In fact, I am sure he rode the "Little Yellow Bus" to school and should bring his "protective helmet" when he goes to polling stations tomorow...*Durh*

• Like 2

A lot of anger and spawn displayed in this thread.

No answers, and very little understanding from many.

Please understand your questions before asking....... or answer with understanding and responsibility.

If you are neither Thai nor married to a Thai.... go get pissed up, or watch TV before posting when you are pissed up, or crack a jack.

-m.

• Like 1

Shall be heading off to hang out with like minded BKK non political Thais for a day and evening of booze sounds and food, hopefully everyone there will have been able to go vote and stay safe, I have no intention of being intimidated or being scared into not going out but shall be going nowhere near any of this craziness.

The advice is sound "British tourists in Bangkok warned to stay indoors on election day to avoid protests" if they are in bangkok they should heed those words or get out of town for the day because they wont know where the danger areas are.

stay safe everyone and if youve got any sense youll get the news from the world and social media not up and stupidly close, people are dying out there and the bullets are real, this isnt a rehearsal or a movie TIT

• Like 1