WiFi Guru wanted

BugJackBaron

I am posting this on behalf of my apartment in Jomtien. Despite have 6 floors with 2 routers on most floors, there is only one working router in the whole place. It seems to be a DNS problem and they are looking for an affordable solution(True apparently quoted some astronomical price). The most important one to get working is the front lobby.

So this job would be suitable for a Thai or Thai-speaking(strongly recommended) farang who would be willing to negotiate a price with the supervior

If you think you have what it takes, DO NOT CONTACT ME but call Noi at the front desk at 038-251606 or 038-251607. She is usually there after 3pm.

Thanks in advance for your interest,

Thanks, I'll try it but I doubt it will work as manual gateway configuration (196.168.2.1 etc) does not work either as a gateway or a DNS server. It usually means there is a deeper problem.

Hi BugJackBaron!

You might want to show them this first: Google Public DNS, it is quite is easy to follow, but this link is in English. Good luck. If it works for them they may love you more. smile.png

When I (inadvertently) screwed up my TOT wifi, I called the help number at 2 am and the most patient lady ever guided me through a complicated reset for at least 20 minutes, perfect English, really clued up. While you don't actually have wifi just now perhaps the TOT helpline 1100 could advise.

I was totally surprised that anyone picked up the 'phone nver much such excellent help, in complete contrast to the "technicians" here..

• Like 1

How are your six routers connected to the internet? Independently connected each to its own ADSL/Cable modem or chain linked with Ethernet

Normally only one router (with NAT function) is allowed per internet connection and the others should be set up as Access Points (physically LAN connected to) or repeaters(Wifi connected to) the base router.

In fact there are two buildings in our apartment/hotel. In my building they are chain linked. In the other I think they are too.

So probably two chains.

In my building, only the main access point seems to work so if you are not on that floor the signal will be weak or unusable. In the other, the lobby was working until about 3 weeks ago and then stopped (the triangle thing across the 5 bars appeared)