Red-shirt Suthep kicks off final day of 3-day push to pressure Yingluck

webfact

Red-shirt Suthep kicks off final day of 3-day push to pressure Yingluck

BfXr-L3CAAAu9ko-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protest leader Suthep Thaugsubam began his final day of the 3-day push ahead of election, marching through Bangkok’s China Town to persuade the Chinese communities to boycott tomorrow’s election, and pressure caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to step down.

All clad in traditional Chinese outfit of red color, Suthep and all protest leaders were warmly welcomed by residents in this century old community in the capital.

Thais of Chinese descents and the aged people offered money in red envelopes and food to the protest leader as he walked slowly amid crowds of cheerful and joyful community members.

Aged Chinese people blessed him “good luck” while the young generation shouting “Kamnan Soo Soo.”

Wearing red is thought to scare away demons. It also symbolizes luck, prosperity, fortune and longevity.

Along the way, he paused to have group photos with the Chinese people, both young and old.

China Town is now holding the Chinese New Year festival celebration where several hundreds of thousands of local and foreign people visiting yesterday. The celebration ends today at midnight.

Today is the final day of a concerted three day effort to put pressure on the caretaker government ahead of tomorrow’s election.

Suthep said protesters would not blockade polling stations but he called on all Bangkok people to boycott election by not going to the polls tomorrow.

He said all protesters would be on the streets and use the space on the streets to enjoy family picnics.

He said whoever wanted the country’s reform should come out to show their stance that they wanted reform, and he urged “Do not go to the poll.”

A two-kilometer long of the Yaowarat road running into the heart of the old China Town took the protest leader over three hours/hour walk now. It is described as the slowest march since the beginning of all the street march. By 3 p.m. the protest leader is still at China Town.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-shirt-suthep-kicks-final-day-3-day-push-pressure-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-01

• Like 2

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another "Final Day". How many is that now? coffee1.gif

don't worry it will go on until taksin is finally outed well done suphet for standing up to red shirt thugs and taksin mafia

this wont end beleve me until taksin and his vile scan are finally defeated or thailand becomes taksin one party state

since theirs now not going to be only caretaker pm ewc for months IMO taksin will get more and more desperate and all will depend on army

And how do you and your brothers propose to erradicate the influence of Thaksin and his 'vile scan'.

What in the course of these protests suggests to you that thaksin is getting desperate- because he caved in and dissolved govt, invited elections?

Or is it that he didn't obey the instructions of some crazy old man from Surat?

• Like 1

Real red shirts are not wearing red today, but they are very easy to recognize because they are armed with wooded sticks and steel rods as they are walking towards Lak Si right now

"Very scary violence lover redshirt moving forward to encounter LP Bhuddha Isara PDRC in Laksi. No dead reported now."

@issarar 3:54PM

BfYEd38CIAA2O6F.jpg

• Like 1

I guess the truth is inflammatory. Let's let the dictionary define this....

Terrorism[ ter-uh-riz-uhm ]

noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 40 secs

4:04pm Reports coming in now of 3 injured in what is presumed to be multiple explosions at Laksi (Pic @lookkwad) pic.twitter.com/mj5d7mRKoL

BfYIuFgCUAABnsT.jpg

Military, red shirts, and PDRC all in the area.

Won't have to wait until tomorrow.

Edited by celso

Real red shirts are not wearing red today, but they are very easy to recognize because they are armed with wooded sticks and steel rods as they are walking towards Lak Si right now

"Very scary violence lover redshirt moving forward to encounter LP Bhuddha Isara PDRC in Laksi. No dead reported now."

@issarar 3:54PM

BfYEd38CIAA2O6F.jpg

That is one massive,scary show of force from those 2 guys whoever they may be.

• Like 2

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 40 secs

4:04pm Reports coming in now of 3 injured in what is presumed to be multiple explosions at Laksi (Pic @lookkwad) pic.twitter.com/mj5d7mRKoL

BfYIuFgCUAABnsT.jpg

Military, red shirts, and PDRC all in the area.

Won't have to wait until tomorrow.

Aren't all the PDRC wearing red shirts today?

At least day 3 is the final day, isn't it?

Edited by Thailand

Proved the peace loving PDRC was <deleted>. AFP quite clearly say PDRC fired 2 grenades into red shirt crowd.

Army. still protecting the grenade launchers,

The turn out was so poor today, that the locals have also come out and occupied the ballot boxes.

The mob is mired now. They can't move out of this position at Laksi.. Only backwards. Nice of the army to help them.... Least AFP Reuters and BBC know what they see!!!!

I guess the truth is inflammatory. Let's let the dictionary define this....

Terrorism[ ter-uh-riz-uhm ]

noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Kuka, are you living in Thailand? I guess not; otherwise you may probably have relatives, friends and coworkers involved in this conflict.

Please, wish them peace and love, not to be violently beaten.

402.gif402.gif402.gif

I guess that your post was not removed only for using the word terrorist but for wishing violence against a group of persons.

wai2.gif

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

Proved the peace loving PDRC was <deleted>. AFP quite clearly say PDRC fired 2 grenades into red shirt crowd.

The turn out was so poor today, that the locals have also come out and occupied the ballot boxes.

The mob is mired now. They can't move out of this position at Laksi.. Only backwards. Nice of the army to help them.... Least AFP Reuters and BBC know what they see!!!!

Oh really? I don't see any news being posted about PRDC firing the grenades. Could you post the link to show us what AFP, Reuters and BBC knowing they see?

• Like 2

Any terrorist thugs blocking the democratic elections and preventing ordinary citizens of their rights should be eradicated by whatever means immediately! That fake monk should ge taught a lesson along with the rest of the garbage supporting him. (PS> I do nlt like the red shirts or PTP or Thaksin but I do not agree with terrorist holding and seizing public roads and threathening ordinary citizens like their fathers won thailand. Eradicate these terrorists, no need to negotiate.

How very emotionally challenged you seem to be.

Are you an extreme follower of football?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Oh really? I don't see any news being posted about PRDC firing the grenades. Could you post the link to show us what AFP, Reuters and BBC knowing they see?

I cannot see that news either. I am following several witnesses on Twitter, and they say that it was only few fire-crackers, and that the red-shirts have dispersed.

The police and the army have formed a line to separate the two groups

BfYGtemCQAETcAY.jpg

I think he's referring to today's confrontation rather than the ones early in the AM. It appears the PDRC folks lobbed a couple of large firecrackers at the crowd. It doesn't sound like they were grenades, mind you, but still not giving the impression of peaceful protesters.

• Like 1

Any terrorist thugs blocking the democratic elections and preventing ordinary citizens of their rights should be eradicated by whatever means immediately! That fake monk should ge taught a lesson along with the rest of the garbage supporting him. (PS> I do nlt like the red shirts or PTP or Thaksin but I do not agree with terrorist holding and seizing public roads and threathening ordinary citizens like their fathers won thailand. Eradicate these terrorists, no need to negotiate.

How very emotionally challenged you seem to be.

Are you an extreme follower of football?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He may be inspired by Ko Tee, the red-shirt leader that is calling for a genocide to "get rid of the elite": http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10606562/Thai-red-shirts-leader-says-Its-time-to-get-rid-of-the-elite.html

As I've said before, those violence lovers that are posting on Thai-Visa are probably not even living in Thailand; otherwise they would probably have relatives, friends or coworkers out there.

sad.png

Edited by MGP
  • Like 2

I cannot see that news either. I am following several witnesses on Twitter, and they say that it was only few fire-crackers, and that the red-shirts have dispersed.

The police and the army have formed a line to separate the two groups

BfYGtemCQAETcAY.jpg

Well... It seems that somebody has been wounded

BfYO14HCcAAvBoT.jpg

It is risky to make evaluations on real time from the comments on Twitter. Some of them are contradicting to each other!!

Better to wait for more solid reports

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/At-least-three-injured-in-clash-between-red-shirts-30225772.html

Edited by MGP