Drone video

MJP

If you want to just try it out cheap then the toy versions will work to get a feel of it. Syma X5c for example for $89.99 USD. Comes with an HD camera. Obvious not going to be the best video quality but still entertaining.

Tywais 13½ months have passed since your post and Syma has come with newer models. I just got an offer from Groupon Thailand for a SYMA X5C Explorers 2.4G 6 Axis Quadcopter HD CAM for 1'590 Baht instead of 2'650 Baht. Here is the offer. Hope the link works. 1'590 Baht is , of course, fairly cheap to try and film my newly built house from above. The first reviews from buyers ant www.newegg.com say the camera is useless, but I have seen videos on youtube which prove them wrong. Of course, it's not a GoPro camera, but the videos are quite OK.

There is a newer model called the SYMA X5C-1, but apparently there is no hardware improvement, one review said it's only a smaller box, shipping cost would be less. There are loads of offers on www.aliexpress.com which show about the same price as Groupon, even for the newer SYMA X5C-1, but you are able to order with additional Lithium batteries, here. Now,what to choose?

There are two more newer models, the Syma X5SW, which is a WiFi model, it means you can sync your Android or Iphone and watch where you are flying, now available on Aliexpress for $79.-- , free delivery to Thailand. The other model is the Syma X8C which can carry a GoPro camera. Just google the two. Here is the first seller of the WiFi model.

There are now even two more newer models, the X8C which can carry a GoPro camera and the X5SW WIFI which you can us for FVP flying. You just cync your smart phone and there you go, $79.-- including shipping to Thailand, here. I just read Syma only started producing this item. One can order now for delivery next month ...

There was a BBC Click program a day or two ago, about the Drone competitions in Dubai ... many interesting entries...

The one that won was able to resist bumps by having a protective casing around it.... thumbsup.gif

To watch on computer, you may have to sign in to the BBC site.... (via VPN Hola on Firefox works for me) ... But I did see the program on the telly!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n3csy4h5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived