3h55m at BKK what to do?

lingua101

Is there any good massage place nearby BKK? I know there are few in BKK itself but I think they charge more right?

I will be arriving at 1515 and depart again at 1910. Both flights are CX and I should get both Board Pass with me. I can clear the immigation with Fast Track.

Is that any place to go nearby (Lat Krabang area?) or just spend time in airport?

Just hang around the airport, you don't have time. There's basically nothing in the immediate area surrounding the airport, and if you travel into the city, you'll basically have to go there and turn around to come right back. I suppose it is possible that if you really hussle, you might be able to grab a quick bite in the city, but in my opinion not worth the effort to try.

If bags are checked through and you have fast track, there's plenty to do.

In this circumstance, you can be through customs and at airport link station in 20 minutes.

The station is in the basement of Suvarnabhumi airport and you want to take the city line.

Take the airport train to Hua Mak Station and then walk to (or motorbike taxi to) the MaxValu for some food or maybe a massage and facial at Hanako Tokyo. Or go a further bit down Sri Nagaindra to Thaniya Shopping Centre for some shopping or even Seacon Square.

Or take the ARL to Ramkamhaeng station, get off, and take a massage at NASA Vegas apartments.

In this circumstance, you can be through customs and at airport link station in 20 minutes.

The station is in the basement of Suvarnabhumi airport and you want to take the city line.

Take the airport train to Hua Mak Station and then walk to (or motorbike taxi to) the MaxValu for some food or maybe a massage and facial at Hanako Tokyo. Or go a further bit down Sri Nagaindra to Thaniya Shopping Centre for some shopping or even Seacon Square.

Or take the ARL to Ramkamhaeng station, get off, and take a massage at NASA Vegas apartments.

Humm, kind of risky wouldn't you think?

The op is landing at 15h15 and has to be at the boarding gate at 18h50 ( that is the latest if departing at 19h10 I guess)

Let's say 45 minutes in and out to clear immigration: 16h00

The op gets the train immediately which is 1h back and forth: 17h00 ( not sure about that one as I don't know how long it takes for the road trip to Ha Mak)

Looking and finding the place from the station and back: 30 minutes

Massage: that sets the clock at 18h30

Now fact in that the trains are not waiting for the passengers.....certainly that schedule can be argued but not worth trying.

The result is: the very nice and relaxing massage to be is going to be counterbalanced by the running and the stressful situation of missing the plane.

If one is really in the need of a massage why don't they do it at the airport. More expensive, for sure, but no pressure at all and one can even have a full treatment

Edited by alyx

Just hang around the airport, you don't have time. There's basically nothing in the immediate area surrounding the airport, and if you travel into the city, you'll basically have to go there and turn around to come right back. I suppose it is possible that if you really hussle, you might be able to grab a quick bite in the city, but in my opinion not worth the effort to try.

I know going to city may not be a very viable option. I did that last time when I have 8 hours in between flight (purposely did that). To and from airport may take 1 hour by itself.

That's why I am exploring something nearby.

May be I stay in secure are. If my friend is free may be go out to have some light meal. Is Novotel airport hotel good place to hang around? I am Accor member so I can get some discount.

Humm, kind of risky wouldn't you think?

The op is landing at 15h15 and has to be at the boarding gate at 18h50 ( that is the latest if departing at 19h10 I guess)

Let's say 45 minutes in and out to clear immigration: 16h00

The op gets the train immediately which is 1h back and forth: 17h00 ( not sure about that one as I don't know how long it takes for the road trip to Ha Mak)

Looking and finding the place from the station and back: 30 minutes

Massage: that sets the clock at 18h30

Now fact in that the trains are not waiting for the passengers.....certainly that schedule can be argued but not worth trying.

The result is: the very nice and relaxing massage to be is going to be counterbalanced by the running and the stressful situation of missing the plane.

If one is really in the need of a massage why don't they do it at the airport. More expensive, for sure, but no pressure at all and one can even have a full treatment

Well I should thank tinhead for his/her idea. But I agree with alyx, it is a bit too rush.

Assuming my plane is on time and arrive the gate at 15:15. I may still need another 10-15 min to deplane as I fly economy. 15:30 and I need to start walking to immigration fast lane which can be another 10-15min. wait say 5 min in the line and then walk to train station. I agree the fastest I can reach the train station (if I walk fast enough) is 16:00. As my next flight is 19:10. I need to be back to the airport by 18:30 (assuming I will have to crush the security check and immigration, which will be no issue I think and run to my gate).

So it will leave me only 2.5 hours. I do not think I can even have good massage, considering I have to factorin 45-60 min for travel (well you have to wait for the train to depart). that's left me only with 1 hour.

So really nothing immediately around Suvarnabhumi which I can reach 5-10 min by taxi?

Is there any good and reasonably price massage inside the secure area. I saw some but never really pay attention to it.

Edited by lingua101

There are a couple of Thai traditional massage places inside the airport plane side... They are a bit out of the way at the ends...

May be better to just get a 2 hr massage inside the airport and then grab a drink and a bite to eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being an Accor member won't get you any discount unless you plan on having lunch over there. Furthermore, discount coupons, for gold member this year that is, may be used at specific places ( e.g spa in hua hin )

Stick to trying the in airport spas and let us know

In any case, it is not a very long wait between boarding

As you mention you have fastrack and fly Eco I presume that either you have bought the passes or it is courtesy of the airline according to your status, in which case you might e allowed access to the lounge

Being an Accor member won't get you any discount unless you plan on having lunch over there. Furthermore, discount coupons, for gold member this year that is, may be used at specific places ( e.g spa in hua hin )

As you mention you have fastrack and fly Eco I presume that either you have bought the passes or it is courtesy of the airline according to your status, in which case you might e allowed access to the lounge

I hold ABTC so I can do Fast Track in BKK. BTW, can you still buy the fast track now adays?

I can use CX lounge, but the lounge is nothing to shout about.

At most I will venture to Novotel Suvarnabhumi if my friend can make it. I am not referring to LeClub but rather Accor AdvantagePlus.

I'll let you guys know if I found something interesting for that 3h55m

There are a couple of Thai traditional massage places inside the airport plane side... They are a bit out of the way at the ends...

May be better to just get a 2 hr massage inside the airport and then grab a drink and a bite to eat

You are referring to the one next to Silver Kris lounge?

You are referring to the one next to Silver Kris lounge?

To be honest I can remember exact location, as has been over a year now... But do remember there being 2 massage shops on different ends of the terminals... One was on the main drag by the other shops but was all the way at the end I one of the terminals.

Te other was on the other end of the airport by some of the lounges but can remember which lounges. I do remember you had to go down an escalator and then down a hall way past some lounges

They have the map right after you get through customs that you can do a search for "massage" and will show you on the map where they are

Book a hotel room near airport and call up one of the many massage shops and request a girl to do an out call. Alternatively sit in the airline lounge, pop into toilet cubicle "knock one out" grab a shower and relax with some fine wine and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I hold ABTC so I can do Fast Track in BKK. BTW, can you still buy the fast track now adays?

I can use CX lounge, but the lounge is nothing to shout about.

At most I will venture to Novotel Suvarnabhumi if my friend can make it. I am not referring to LeClub but rather Accor AdvantagePlus.

I'll let you guys know if I found something interesting for that 3h55m

I don't know about fastrack

I was talking about accor not le club

I have a similar problem next week, landing S domestic 13.05, leaving S domestic 18.10, no luggage.

Think I'll get onto the ARL, be PhayThai by 14.00 or take taxi to MBK or T21, return to S by 16.00, might try to check in S before leaving airport. Gives me 2h for shopping, wandering around. Might head to T21, there is a good steakhouse next doors?

Don't like the idea to stick 5h at S, don't like massage that much...

I guess that S stands for Suvarnabhumi airport, ARL for Airport Rail Link....

In any case,I would think twice before hopping in a cab and (try to) get where you said you plan to go: MBK ( Mahboonkrong ) and T21 ( Terminal 21 ) as both happen to be located at major protest sites. Not that you cannot enjoy a stroll there but the access is quite limited.

Of course getting there by tube would not be a problem unless it is packed with hundreds of commuters queuing to get some change in order to buy their tickets as it was the case on Sunday ( all day ) at the siam paragon station ( bring coins ) and in front of the tickets machine.

However, at the corner of sukhumvit 12, on the main road, there is a kind of a square with many restaurants ( one of them is Mexican )

If you walk down the soi 12 you have condoms and cabbages as well as Crepe and co serving nice cuisine

I am sure some will come up with different addresses as I am not really familiar with the area

Two hours downtown Bangkok should do the trick as you have to be back by 5pm

Edited by alyx

I was guessing a taxi from Suvarnabhumi might be faster Than the ARL, need to take BTS at Phaya Thai or MRT at Makkasan to get to MBK or T21 resp., but yes considering protest will take ARL (although I was at BKK Sukhumvit Sofitel 8 to 12 Jan and did not see any disturbance made by protests)

Thus I do know the restaurant area opposite the Sofitel around soi 12 (Sunrise tacos etc) but prefer the T21 resto's.

That steak resto place next to T21 is El Gaucho, checking out their website now, although there are many eateries in MBK also.

Edited by tartempion

I am referring to the disruption of traffic rather than disturbance caused by the ( peaceful ) protests

Vehicles do not have access to some crossroads

I am glad you did not stay at the Sofitel Sathorn otherwise it would certainly have been referred to as "SO" (you seem to affectionate acronyms )

Edited by alyx

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys. When I checked in at the airport. CX offered me a non-stop flight to HKG from SIN. Although, they upgraded me to C class on SIN-BKK flight. It was a tuff choice. But since the non-stop flight was 40 min earlier and both aircraft are old aircraft, I decided to go direct to HKG, rather than go the long way via Bangkok.

So cannot update on the massage place in BKK sorry