drx13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexter

Greys Anatomy

Desperate Housewives

And a few of the above.... and more. As that one said, after lots of years of tv its too difficult to decide. Mine were off the top of my head as ones that i have watched dilligently over the years.

Silly to ask for just three. Ten would have been better, and then some people would perhaps see some that they have missed and noted that more than a few chose them and then watched them for themselves.

I'll cheat and add the more recent ones which i recommend -

Ray Connolley

The Blacklist

The Following

and without a doubt

Downton Abbey

Edited by Patsycat

quote "Silly to ask for just three. Ten would have been better"

Is silly the most appropriate adjective you know, after 7000 posts, surely you could be more deprecating ?

Could I say then that you are totally lacking in imagination, or you would have opened a topic with with ten.?

No doubt someone would find your numeric choice unwise, but not find it necessary to call you silly. Just a polite post.

I thoroughly dislike people like you, I think your nic has one superfluous syllable, the one with two consonants and a vowel, if your IQ is up to it.

You are not advised to retaliate it would be like pi**ing into the wind.

Find a more intelligent poster to help you.

Edited by drx13

So many series start great and then trail off. Dexter certainly falls into that category, as does Doctor Who, Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, House. In fact, pretty much any series I followed became a chore to watch towards the end. American TV channels in particular push series long past the point where they should be put down humanely.

• Like 1

quote "Silly to ask for just three. Ten would have been better"

Is silly the most appropriate adjective you know, after 7000 posts, surely you could be more deprecating ?

Could I say then that you are totally lacking in imagination, or you would have opened a topic with with ten.?

No doubt someone would find your numeric choice unwise, but not find it necessary to call you silly. Just a polite post.

I thoroughly dislike people like you, I think your nic has one superfluous syllable, the one with two consonants and a vowel, if your IQ is up to it.

You are not advised to retaliate it would be like pi**ing into the wind.

Find a more intelligent poster to he

Edited by Patsycat

No comment. I did write one, but will not degrade myself to that person's comment about me.

Well, just a little one. Go take a flying leap in the same direction when you are pissing into the wind.

Having a little hissy fit about tv series, woo woo woo.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Recently:

1) Game of Thrones

2) Sherlock

3) Breaking Bad

But I really enjoyed watching many other recent and older TV series (The Avengers, The Persuaders, The Prisoner, X-Files, Stargate SG-1, Dark Skies, Homeland, House of Cards, The Mentalist, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica, etc.)

So many series start great and then trail off. Dexter certainly falls into that category, as does Doctor Who, Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, House. In fact, pretty much any series I followed became a chore to watch towards the end. American TV channels in particular push series long past the point where they should be put down humanely.

Yes I agree with your sentiments about series continuing well after they have they should have . That is why series like Fawlty Towers ,Yes minister and Wire in the blood were so good and get my vote which the OP was asking .

• Like 1

1. All Creatures Great and Small...... takes me back to the days of my youth in North Yorkshire, even though it was slightly before my time the places and the people were / are the same.

2. LA Law

3. House of Cards, the original starring Ian Richardson. I have not seen the latest USA version starring Kevin Spacey yet.

There are so many more, it seems a shame to cut off at 3!!

• Like 1