Temperature dropped to 17.8C, all-time record cold in Koh Samui

max72

Long trousers, sleeves, shoes and socks last night mate!

I keep a track with my min/max digital thermometer and last night was not the coldest so far on my balcony.

Last night it came down to 19.8. On the 31st it was 19.2.

Certainly it all depends on where you are on the island, and I'm quite sheltered by trees and big bushes. No argument it's been cold enough to freeze brass monkeys off a witch, tho.

(But now when I go back to the UK I get a hypothermic rash - like a reverse heat rash. And it's the first time in 15 years of being in Thailand I've had it over here!)

Khun Khun Khun!

R

Im from Canada and I found it to be cold that night. That was the first time I have ever seen people in Lamai putting on jackets, sweaters, blankets, etc.

I grew up near the Arctic Circle with occasional dips down to -40 C/F in winter and I've been freezing at night. You sure do get acclimatised...

• Like 1

No pleasing some folk just take a look at what is happening in the UK at the moment floods and snow and yet people are winging about Samui dropping down to 19 Celsius !!

Chill out man, no winging, just a fact that one gets used to the temperatures when living here for a few years. I think we are perfectly able to laugh about ourselves for that (just see AngThongs post just above mine). cool.png

Possible cause of the extreme weather patterns all over the world is , magnetic pole shift , soon followed by earth crustal displacement .

how do you think so many ancient citys and lands ended up under water .

Samui sinking?

• Like 1

Possible cause of the extreme weather patterns all over the world is , magnetic pole shift , soon followed by earth crustal displacement .

how do you think so many ancient citys and lands ended up under water .

Samui sinking?

For sure.

Have you seen the amount of cement that they are bringing onto the island for all of the concrete needed for the zillion building projects!!! sad.png

16 different construction sites on my little bit of Samui. facepalm.gif

I reckon that the whole island will sink eventually thumbsup.gif