world cup

true blue

Hi tmaker, it's one off price of 349us, it gets shipped to your door by dhl, includes one year subscription fee which is 70us a year to renew ,

Yeah with out a doubt one of the best buys I have found in Thailand in 7 years of been here - so much so I finally registered on here to share it.

It's just a box, plug in your internet cable in to it.an HD wire or RCA connects to your tv. It's what a lot of the bars use locally here. Quality is excellent.

I am guessing this is CableStreamer you are talking about? I was going to get Astro but apparently I cannot get the PVR box in Phuket - which is what I want so I can record late games etc - does anyone know how to get this? If I just get a friend in Malaysia to get it and bring across will it work?

Otherwise I am guessing Cablestreamer is the best alternative?

Edited by Simon in Phuket

• 2 months later...

The box for the cablestreamer seems very expensive to me,

you could most likely buy a similar box from China for quarter

of the price,I use a service ,stream from browser,no boxes to

buy,no deposit.265 channels,English and Thai,tons sports,news,

movies,Docs , Kids,etc etc, all for 200 Bht p.m. over the years

have lost too much money on services that maybe last a year

after you paid for box and dish, 200 bht is as much as I would

want to gamble on the service been there next year.

Regards Worgeordie

Android TV boxes reviewed on the sites where geeky people know about these things are giving good marks to boxes which cost GBP60 (apparently the GBP50 are crap). Possibly cheaper if sourced in US, definitely cheaper if sourced in China. Last night just mucking around I streamed the Chelsea game on ITV free to air, Casualty on BBC 1, and a gardening program on BBC 2 all in HD, all totally free. Also found a very good site streaming Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4, BT Sports 1, 2 and Eurosports in HD. Picture of motorcross racing, whilst holding no interest for me beyond testing the stream, was so good on the laptop I plugged it in to 50 inch TV and was impressed. All of the above in true HD with no buffering or jumping, all free and best of all no ad's. If you go to watch something and the site goes down, as happened to the very good Nutjob a couple of weeks ago, switch to another stream. Always have one up your sleeve just in case.

XBMC software for the box seems very easy to install and it is an open source community so also free, along with very detailed instructions and forums full of people wanting to help those who get stuck. Not just UK TV and sports of course, it got to 4.30 am and my eyes wouldn't stay open long enough to test any US or Canadian channels. Don't know if any Australian channels, I imagine there will be as I recall Microsoft labelling Australians of being the worst offenders worldwide for pirated software back in the early 1990's, and there is as much satellite and cable TV schnuffling as software piracy. National sports, of sorts.

I installed XBMC yesterday on my laptop to see what it was all about. Installed it but not sure what to do next at this stage, got more than enough alternatives at the moment to keep me happy so I'm not going to mess about with it, but it took less than 10 minutes to get it up, going and streaming a movie; live TV would involve doing a web search to find out how to configure (just adding something on as far as I can see) and learning which buttons to click on it. If you're watching on laptop or tablet (Android and iOS versions available) or don't mind watching your TV via your laptop/HDMI cable, I don't see any reason to buy any kind of box.

• 5 weeks later...

The box for the cablestreamer seems very expensive to me,

you could most likely buy a similar box from China for quarter

of the price,I use a service ,stream from browser,no boxes to

buy,no deposit.265 channels,English and Thai,tons sports,news,

movies,Docs , Kids,etc etc, all for 200 Bht p.m. over the years

have lost too much money on services that maybe last a year

after you paid for box and dish, 200 bht is as much as I would

want to gamble on the service been there next year.

Regards Worgeordie

+1 , the box seems very expensive. If it would be no more than 200 USD, would be a better risk in my opinion

Remembering the 2010 WC on Thai TV, with their commentary and those <deleted> zoozoo whatevers blowing away, I must have an English speaking option for this WC.

I downloaded sport 365 for a 2 week trial last week and watched some F1 practice and the QPR/ Derby game over the weekend, I have to say the coverage was good, for an internet based service. However in my lounge it is a pain having extension leads, HDMI leads and my laptop all over the place, I wish I could just pick up the remote and find some English speaking TV coverage!

I already have True & CTH and so really do not want another provider installed.

Over the weekend when many of the TV channels were down I was cruising the CTH package, which I generally only use for PL football and Sky news and discovered Star sports and Fox sports, I wonder if this might be the solution for a regular TV source of coverage other than Thai terrestrial or RS.

Any thoughts anyone?

THAI VIEWING TIMES

THAI VIEWING TIMES ( LIVE ) FOR ENGLAND GROUP D.

ENGLAND v ITALY . 0500 HRS. SUNDAY JUNE 15th @ ARENA AMAZONIA.

ENGLAND v URUGUAY. 0200 HRS. SATURDAY JUNE 21st @ ARENA CORINTHIANS.

ENGLAND v COSTA RICA. 2300 HRS. TUESDAY JUNE 24th @ ESTADIO MINEIRAO.

England v Uruguay kick off is FRIDAY 20th at 02:00 Thai time.

Remembering the 2010 WC on Thai TV, with their commentary and those <deleted> zoozoo whatevers blowing away, I must have an English speaking option for this WC.

I downloaded sport 365 for a 2 week trial last week and watched some F1 practice and the QPR/ Derby game over the weekend, I have to say the coverage was good, for an internet based service. However in my lounge it is a pain having extension leads, HDMI leads and my laptop all over the place, I wish I could just pick up the remote and find some English speaking TV coverage!

Over the weekend when many of the TV channels were down I was cruising the CTH package, which I generally only use for PL football and Sky news and discovered Star sports and Fox sports, I wonder if this might be the solution for a regular TV source of coverage other than Thai terrestrial or RS.

Any thoughts anyone?

Invest in the Thai Expat TV set top box and watch all the World Cup coverage on ITV and BBC.

Re Cablestreamer, I always get a bit suspicious when the website advertising something lists no phone number and no actual address -- just a street name in Bangkok.

You could give your money to them for the box, but how long's the service going to be around once your money is gone? Or even, how long has it been actually operating in Thailand. AFAICT, they don't say.

PSI HD2 CABLE, ON SUN CHANNEL 11......LIVE 11 PM TO 3 AM THAILAND TIME....WITH ALSO THE SPANIEL LEAGUE...

JUST BOUGHT PSI 02 HD, to show world cup my village, but games are late, do you know if you can rerun the game day after ? and how you do it ...no technician around no translation any where thanks Patrick

Remembering the 2010 WC on Thai TV, with their commentary and those zoozoo whatevers blowing away, I must have an English speaking option for this WC.

Any thoughts anyone?

Invest in the Thai Expat TV set top box and watch all the World Cup coverage on ITV and BBC.

You don't have to buy the set top box. Just use a laptop with the Thai Expat TV software .. easy and just 600b a month. Look back up to 7days (including a TV guide) and record straight onto the hard drive ..simple and easy.

http://www.thaiexpat.tv/aff.php?aff=151

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah we need to find out what time the games will be on in Thai time. For the euro's I had to stay up till 2/3am to watch them

Here is the first week for you. You can see the pattern, and what the match times are pretty clearly.
Thailand time
Friday June 13
03:00 Brazil vs Croatia
23:00 Mexico vs Cameroon
Saturday June 14
02:00 Spain vs Netherlands
05:00 Chile vs Australia
23:00 Colombia vs Greece
Sunday June 15
02:00 Uruguay vs Costa Rica
05:00 England vs Italy
08:00 Côte d'Ivoire vs Japan
23:00 Switzerland vs Ecuador
Monday June 16
02:00 France vs Honduras
05:00 Argentina vs Bosnia and Herzegovina
23:00 Germany vs Portugal
Tuesday June 17
02:00 Iran vs Nigeria
05:00 Ghana vs USA
23:00 Belgium vs Algeria
Wednesday June 18
02:00 Brazil vs Mexico
05:00 Russia vs Korea Republic
23:00 Australia vs Netherlands
Thursday June 19
02:00 Spain vs Chile
05:00 Cameroon vs Croatia
23:00 Colombia vs Côte d'Ivoire
Friday June 20
02:00 Uruguay vs England
05:00 Japan vs Greece
23:00 Italy vs Costa Rica

I'm pretty sure the vuvuzela speaks every language in the world, including English, and I'm pretty sure it is blown by crowd members at the match, not by the match announcer. The way to not have to listen to vuvuzelas is to hit the Mute button on your remote.

For those of you with cablestreamer.com. According to their website:

" Also, you will feel amazed for the 2-4 sec channel changing speed, which is even faster than satellite TV."

Does it take 2-4 seconds to switch channels? That's much slower than True.

• Like 1

Sorry if I sound cynical but any internet based tv service with a box costing B12K, based in Thailand is questionable. We had a similar service which we bought at Pure electrical. It worked for 2 years and then one day just went down. We then found out that it was a pirate tv scam. If you are against IP abuse investigate the tv service before you buy a box for B 12 k. I am not saying cablestreamer.com is a scam, but do your homework.

• Like 2

Got this from 365sport.tv:

In just under a months time, the first whistle will be blown marking the start of the 20th FIFA World Cup tournament. Brazil will become the first South American country since 1978 to host the revered cup, featuring national teams from 32 countries, across 5 continents. This competition will be a real spectacle as Brazil is renowned for producing football players with exceptional talent, flare and passion for the game, footballing legends such as Pele, Ronaldo, Kaka & Ronaldinho to name just a few. Football fans get yourselves ready, as the Brazil World Cup 2014 is very nearly here!

365 Sport TV will be showing all 64 games across several new channels being brought on to cover the World Cup tournament. As the games will be broadcast at11pm, 2am, 5am (Thailand time) you can choose to watch them live or on demand at you leisure (available for 5 full days after live broadcast). Expect full English commentary in HD quality for all the matches.

INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE CRICKET 2014

Cricket fans will be please to know we are covering the IPLC 2014 tests on channel 7 right now. The next match is on Sunday 18th May 17:00 02:00 featuring Chennai Super Kings v Royal Challengers Bangalore & Sunrisers Hyderabad v Kolkata Knight Riders.

Brazil World Cup 2014 Opening Games:

GROUP A

Friday, 13 June

Brazil vs Croatia, São Paulo, 3am

Mexico vs Cameroon, Natal, 11pm

Wednesday, 18 June

Brazil vs Mexico, Fortaleza, 2am

Thursday, 19 June

Cameroon vs Croatia, Manaus, 5am

Tuesday, 24 June

Cameroon vs Brazil, Brasilia, 3am

Croatia vs Mexico, Recife, 3am

GROUP B

Saturday, 14 June

Spain vs Holland, Salvador, 2am

Chile vs Australia, Cuiaba, 5am

Wednesday, 19 June

Australia vs Holland, Porto Alegre, 11pm

Thursday, 19 June

Spain vs Chile, Rio de Janeiro, 2am

Monday, 24 June

Australia vs Spain, Curitiba, 11pm

Holland vs Chile, São Paulo, 11pm

GROUP C

Saturday, June 14

Colombia vs Greece, Belo Horizonte, 11pm

Sunday, 15 June

Ivory Coast vs Japan, Recife, 8am

Thursday, 19 June

Colombia vs Ivory Coast, Brasilia, 11pm

Friday, 20 June

Japan vs Greece, Natal, 5am

Wednesday, 25 June

Japan vs Colombia, Cuiaba, 3am

Greece vs Ivory Coast, Fortaleza, 3am

GROUP D

Sunday, 15 June

Uruguay vs Costa Rica, Fortaleza, 2am

England vs Italy, Manaus, 5am

Friday, 20 June

Uruguay vs England, São Paulo, 2am

Friday, 20 June

Italy vs Costa Rica, Recife, 11pm

Tuesday, 24 June

Italy vs Uruguay, Natal, 11pm

Costa Rica vs England, Belo Horizonte, 11pm

GROUP E

Sunday, 15 June

Switzerland vs Ecuador, Brasilia, 11pm

Monday, 16 June

France vs Honduras, Porto Alegre, 2am

Saturday, 21 June

Switzerland vs France, Salvador, 2am

Honduras vs Ecuador, Curitiba, 5am

Thursday, 25 June

Honduras vs Switzerland, Manaus, 3am

Ecuador vs France, Rio de Janeiro, 3am

GROUP F

Monday, 16 June

Argentina vs Bosnia-Herzegovina, Rio de Janeiro, 5am

Tuesday, 17 June

Iran vs Nigeria, Curitiba, 2am

Saturday, 21 June

Argentina vs Iran, Belo Horizonte, 11pm

Sunday, 22 June

Nigeria vs Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cuiaba, 5am

Wednesday, 25 June

Nigeria vs Argentina, Poro Alegre, 11pm

Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Iran, Salvador,11pm

GROUP G

Monday, 16 June

Germany vs Portugal, Salvador, 11pm

Tuesday, 17 June

Ghana vs USA, Natal, 5am

Sunday, 22 June

Germany vs Ghana, Fortaleza, 2am

USA vs Portugal, Manaus, 5am

Thursday, 26 June

USA vs Germany, Recife, 11pm

Portugal vs Ghana, Brasilia,11pm

GROUP H

Tuesday, 17 June

Belgium vs Algeria, Belo Horizonte, 11pm

Wednesday, 18 June

Russia vs South Korea, Cuiaba, 5am

Sunday, 22 June

Belgium vs Russia, Rio de Janeiro, 11pm

Monday, 23 June

South Korea vs Algeria, Porto Alegre, 2am

Friday, 27 June

South Korea vs Belgium, São Paulo, 3am

Algeria vs Russia, Curitiba, 3am

Kind regards,

365 Sport TV Team

http://www.365sport.tv

Sorry if I sound cynical but any internet based tv service with a box costing B12K, based in Thailand is questionable. We had a similar service which we bought at Pure electrical. It worked for 2 years and then one day just went down. We then found out that it was a pirate tv scam. If you are against IP abuse investigate the tv service before you buy a box for B 12 k. I am not saying cablestreamer.com is a scam, but do your homework.

Sure, raking in sign up fees with a heavily overpriced "box" that you wouldn't actually need, not having a proper address on the website and offering hundreds of channels (including HBO HD, sports channels etc) for $8 a month can't be a scam and the channels surely aren't pirated at all. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

its just 349 US, includes a years subscription, whoch is 70 every year only.

This one.

English menu, English remote.

http://cablestreamer.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=50

I recently bought the IPTV receiver from Cable Streamer and I am very satisfied with it. The main world cup channels would be the four sports channels from Astro that are included. I have previously had Astro and their sports broadcasts are first class.

From my order I had the receiver within four days despited shipment from China.