Jet Ski Incident leads to arrest on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

cheesy.gif shame on us! We farang, we usually get scammed few thousand euro for fake damage.

But these 3 kids, 3 karaoke boy, inspite they certainly damage the jetski, they succeed to put fear on these rough operator and the bib!

Edited by Bender

I was foolishly optimistic when I read the headline, but then reality set in. Of course they never arrest jet ski operators. Maybe I hadn't had enough coffee yet. Also, I don't consider it racist using term "own kind". I assume the drunk Thais were raised in this culture and know the lay of the land. If one is raised in a culture, hopefully more aware of the scams, hussles etc than some tourist. It is not race, it is cultural norms. Should have given the guys medals.

So clearly it is ok for jet-ski operators to use violence, both threatened and actual, on their customers but not the other way round!

Double standards, by the way where do they put the mirrors on a jet ski !!!!!!

Maybe this time there was, ironically, actually some damage done to the jetski .Operator wouldn't try to scam his own kind, especially if they were, (reportedly),drunk .

"Operator wouldn't try to scam his own kind ..."

Everything in the farang world comes down to race, doesn't it? Whatever a Thai does, it's only motivation could possibly be racial exploitation.

It's always US versus THEM.

The bigoted world view on this forum colors every thread and every event, and ironically it's the bigots who can see nothing but bigotry projected onto everyone else.

Calm down.

Sorry,but it's everything in your world that perceives racism and bigotry in every post you see

I am classified as "farang " here , therefore, by implication, my own kind are also ..."farang " . I do not scream racism over this terminology ...it is merely factual and acceptable .

These particular jet-ski scammers are Thai and their reported victims repeatedly are not .

Any scammers of any country will not normally choose their own nationality ( if you dislike the term" kind" ) to take advantage of . It's simply much easier to take advantage of someone who is a stranger and unfamiliar with local customs/law /language etc , than it is someone who is a native and less naïve.

It happens in London, New York and any major tourist city you care to name ,not reserved for Thailand.

Monetary extortion , rip-off or whatever , but racial exploitation ?

In your bitterness , you see things that are not there .

• 2 weeks later...

The local lads couldn't be intimidated like the Indians, Iranians, Russians etc. so jet ski operator had to call his pals in brown, classic!

Not pals......partners. There is simply no way in the world the jet ski scam would be

allowed to continue on for years, with the resultant black eye for Thailand,

unless the police were raking in lots of money.....