Thai-Indian business tycoon to be deported for protesting

Lite Beer

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I basically agree that a foreigner should not become actively involved in local politics, I don't know to what extend and how this man has been involved.

Was he joining protest marches, held speeches on PDRC stages, occupied government offices, obstructed voting? I believe not and would assume that he merely supported PDRC verbally. And if that is reason enough for the current caretaker government to deport him, then I really must say that it is an entirely unjustified move and that it will come to bite PTP.

They shouldn't underestimate the powerful Indian business community here in Thailand, and I am talking about "Indian-Thai citizens".

As usual, PTP has once again shown that they act first and think later (if they ever think, that is, and don't just leave the thinking part to... well, you know who).

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1

....very, very silly to do this. They were doing well , all things considered, in the international arena and now a childish, petulant, vindictive response. Doesn't help the cause one bit...

So, you would prefer that he suffer the indignity of being jailed like foreigners that joined the protests in 2010?

• Like 1

Right, NO foreigner have a right to go for protest, this is a Native Thai Nation issue and Business. That what I exactly hate in my country or back in Europe,foreigners come to our country's and going on the street to tell us what we should do and what there rights. <deleted> you all,if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !!!!!!

What if you're a resident in that country? What if you pay taxes? At what point are people allowed rights? Or do you think they always have to be denied freedom of speech due to not being in that country?

Any one with any sense at all that has permission to stay in LOS and is business happy should stay at home and have a beer. coffee1.gif

I was more interested in Andreas' hardline attitude that foreigners should never have any right to political protest in any country in the world, no matter what.

• Like 1

....very, very silly to do this. They were doing well , all things considered, in the international arena and now a childish, petulant, vindictive response. Doesn't help the cause one bit...

So, you would prefer that he suffer the indignity of being jailed like foreigners that joined the protests in 2010?

No, while I believe it's borderline insanity for a foreigner to be joining the protests ( even the rent-a hippie wheeled out last week, Scandinavian I think), there is no value to this govt in being seen to be vindictive. If they want to pursue those who may have engaged in criminal acts, let the dust settle first and deal with the big picture stuff....RICE, <deleted>, not trivia

• Like 1

The message was clear before the protests, any foreigner caught in protests would be deported. He got what he deserves and cannot claim he was not advised beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How do you have to be involved?

I was walking through the protest area in Pratunam Siam mall This weekend so I could get to MBK, Siam, and Central World.

Was on shopping quest for the wife in BKK for three days.

There was a massive amount of foreigners walking around shopping and taking pictures..

Im sure that they dont mean doing these things...

Where do they draw line? <--------- honest question ..... What would you have to do to be considered a protester?

I do have to say that If the government tries to break up the protests in Pratunam they will be dealing with a lot of foreigners.

This area is not even shut down... all shops and businesses are open and crowded.

Its now a big street market with a stage..

Anyone that says they are shutting down Bangkok and ruining the economy and local businesses is full of it!

Well maybe with people afraid to come to bkk or go to these areas. I do understand that they will be affected but its really

not as bad there as news and posters here believe it to be.

They are just closing the street and gathering for speeches and music.

This does not mean i support the protesters or anti protesters I'm just telling what I felt and Thought.

The message was clear before the protests, any foreigner caught in protests would be deported. He got what he deserves and cannot claim he was not advised beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How do you have to be involved?

I was walking through the protest area in Pratunam Siam mall This weekend so I could get to MBK, Siam, and Central World.

Was on shopping quest for the wife in BKK for three days.

There was a massive amount of foreigners walking around shopping and taking pictures..

Im sure that they dont mean doing these things...

Where do they draw line? <--------- honest question ..... What would you have to do to be considered a protester?

I do have to say that If the government tries to break up the protests in Pratunam they will be dealing with a lot of foreigners.

This area is not even shut down... all shops and businesses are open and crowded.

Its now a big street market with a stage..

Anyone that says they are shutting down Bangkok and ruining the economy and local businesses is full of it!

Well maybe with people afraid to come to bkk or go to these areas. I do understand that they will be affected but its really

not as bad there as news and posters here believe it to be.

They are just closing the street and gathering for speeches and music.

This does not mean i support the protesters or anti protesters I'm just telling what I felt and Thought.

You are daft going there............To shop...............rolleyes.gif

now a childish, petulant, vindictive response.

Yours or theirs?

It was made clear that foreigners would be deported if they joined the protests. In any business relationship between Thailand and India, the Indians will always do what serves their interests first, last and always. If Thailand goes all weak in the knees worried about some twit like this involving himself in domestic political issues they would lose whatever credibility they may still have. And, if this guy thinks what he did was appropriate for someone in his position, he really is an idiot.

• Like 2

well so much for democracy.

You can be a part of our country, you cam make us money, but know where you stand...

you are not one of us! All men are not created equal, no inalienable rights here.

Clueless and disgraceful. Way to go PTP, your sort of only for Thai people after

their money of course. (pun intended) bah.gif

Being deported because having joined to political protest is a normal measure adopted from almost every westerner country as well. After stay for a while in jail... So I see not much to complain against Thailand or PTP here.

Edited by newcomer71

well so much for democracy.

You can be a part of our country, you cam make us money, but know where you stand...

you are not one of us! All men are not created equal, no inalienable rights here.

Clueless and disgraceful. Way to go PTP, your sort of only for Thai people after

their money of course. (pun intended) bah.gif

it has been clearly stated in the press and the TV that any foreigner who takes part in the protests, will be deported. you would think that he knew that!

What about all the Thai/Chinese who were protesting?

They are Thai citizens. This guy is a foreigner.

Yes,.. and they were once foreigners before they cunningly positioned themselves as permanent fixtures in the commercial fabric of the nation!

There are also may ethnic Indian Thai citizens here who have full rights. The person being deported is not, so he doesn't have the same rights as a citizen.

If true it will be a great boost for Thai India trade relations... Not

Go Chalerm both feet in the mouth again.

Hum... Everyone complains against corruption, then because someone influential broken a law, government should close an eye? Double standard ok for something not ok for something else? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

..........at least he wasn't thrown off the balcony.....

...why have we heard no more about the death of one of the highest ranking businesspeople ever.....dying in the strange manner that they did...

...we cannot overlook the fact that the auto industry is highly competitive....and wonder.....if it had anything to do with what happened...

why are people getting uptight about this. There was fair warning. Also if Thais are going to be arrested then why shouldn't farangs? Keep your nose out of other people's business - not rocket science. Have an opinion of course but other than that, stay out. I wonder how this chap would feel if there were Thais or Brits etc joining in protests (especially ones getting violent) in his home country? And if they were protesting in opposition to him? Cart him off.

• Like 1