proof of income or bank statement

For a marriage visa does a person need to show both bank statement of 400,000 baht and proof of 40,000 baht income? OR is it just one or the other.
Some of the searches are confusing if it is both or just one.

Thank you.

One or the other. But if you show the bankbook the 400,000 needs to be there for 3 months

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For an extension of stay based upon marriage the money only has to be in the bank for 60 days.

Retirement is 90 days after first extension.

One or the other. But if you show the bankbook the 400,000 needs to be there for 3 months

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For an extension of stay based upon marriage the money only has to be in the bank for 60 days.

Retirement is 90 days after first extension.

I think and I say again "I think" the 60 days is for starting, Im not sure.

But once isued this is a link I found about the 90 days.

This is from the website of Siam Legal website

• "Financial Requirement"

"1. THB 400,000 in a Thai Bank Account for 2 months before the visa application

2. Monthly income of at least THB 40,000. A letter from the foreigner’s embassy has to be

shown to verify this income.

3. Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the sum of 400,000 THB"

This is were I got confused about one or both.

1. "Bank Account"

"The marriage visa is valid for a year but you can renew it by presenting the same requirements the first time you applied. However, the funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before your can renew your visa."

http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Marriage-Visa.php?gclid=CNbZ2LSLsrwCFYUl4godjxAAsw

From clause 2.18 of police order 777/2551.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Never trust a commercial website to give you accurate information.
  • Like 1

Off topic
I find it interesting why the funds need to be in a Thai bank account.
After all most banks have a global access for deposits, withdrawals, etc.

Is it that Thailand wants access to the account if to say anything were to happen???

From clause 2.18 of police order 777/2551.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Never trust a commercial website to give you accurate information.

Thank you for this advise. thumbsup.gif

It is so you can have quick access to the funds plus they can verify the balance easily by calling the bank.

Awww makes sence. Thank you.

Ok now new question We are in Bangkok now soon to get married.

We will move to Chaing Rai area. If we do the paperwork in Bangkok will that affect moving to Chaing Rai, as far as imagration departments go?

I guess Im asking is where should we register the marriage.

Here now in BKK or in the future of maybe next year?

I hope my question makes sence. Sorry if it does not.

It is so you can have quick access to the funds plus they can verify the balance easily by calling the bank.

Awww makes sence. Thank you.

Ok now new question We are in Bangkok now soon to get married.

We will move to Chaing Rai area. If we do the paperwork in Bangkok will that affect moving to Chaing Rai, as far as imagration departments go?

I guess Im asking is where should we register the marriage.

Here now in BKK or in the future of maybe next year?

I hope my question makes sence. Sorry if it does not.

It does not matter where you get married for immigration purposes. Many people do not live where they registered their marriage.

"This is from the website of Siam Legal website "Financial Requirement""

"3. Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the sum of 400,000 THB""

Unless it's changed recently, the combination route isn't available for extensions for marriage. Only for retirement.

• Like 1

"This is from the website of Siam Legal website "Financial Requirement""

"3. Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the sum of 400,000 THB""

Unless it's changed recently, the combination route isn't available for extensions for marriage. Only for retirement.

They apparently have never looked at the most recent police order I quoted earlier.

They are confusing extensions of stay based upon marriage with those for retirement.