Welcome to New Members

tuky

PS.

i know what a phycisist does but i cant find it in my dictionary anywhere. ?

The correct spelling of the word in an American dictionary is 'physicist' so perhaps that is why you could not look it up. ( perhaps it is spelled different in a British dictionary--dunno ! :D )

Out of curiousity, I looked up the definition which said " one skilled in physics: a natural philosopher "

I am also fairly new to the forum so will look forward to reading some good philosopy from Dr. Naam :D

Welcome aboard......

this is interesting,

as i have an oxford dictionary theasaurus and large one at that.

bought six months ago.

cost me $90 aussie.

there is no word listed for phycisist or physicist in my book .

anyone else care to comment.?

cheers :o

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS.

i know what a phycisist does but i cant find it in my dictionary anywhere. ?

The correct spelling of the word in an American dictionary is 'physicist' so perhaps that is why you could not look it up. ( perhaps it is spelled different in a British dictionary--dunno ! :D )

Out of curiousity, I looked up the definition which said " one skilled in physics: a natural philosopher "

I am also fairly new to the forum so will look forward to reading some good philosopy from Dr. Naam :D

Welcome aboard......

this is interesting,

as i have an oxford dictionary theasaurus and large one at that.

bought six months ago.

cost me $90 aussie.

there is no word listed for phycisist or physicist in my book .

anyone else care to comment.?

cheers :o

the science that deals with matter, energy, motion, and force. I was a physics major in college and I got to go to Stanford and smack a couple atoms together lol...then test friction and forces driving a car 150 miles and hour around a circle lol...then go to the lab abd play with the lazers and cryogenics and make cool holographs...and the math !!! oh boy ! chalkboards full of numbers and equasions....but the music industry pays better so here i am lol

so tell me...why do these rocks move all by themselves and why cant i ever see them move ? lol I been sitting here 6 months :D

post-34577-1160861598_thumb.jpg

Evening all,

Been reading this site for ages but just got round to signing up today.

I'm actually living in Malaysia now but have been coming and going from Thailand for the last ten years or so now. Earning some cash but I'm hoping to back to make it my home.

Over and out for now.

Hello,

My name is Bruce123 and am a new member. I am considering a long stay in Thailand (3 months) next year to evaluate the possibility of living there part time. Can anyone give adive on securing health insurance during my visit and possible time living there? Companies, rates, experiences etc?

Thank you very much and I have found much interesting information in the forums.

Best,

Bruce123

you didn't happen to work at Chernoybl did you ? that was one big TYPO lol

fortunately i did not. just flying over Chernobyl on Lufthansa BKK to Fra when it blew up.

but i was working at a similar place that was quite dangerous on june 7th 1981 and which i left (facing great difficulties) a few days later.

Hello all been using your fantastic site for a little while now for help with getting my tgf katy a visa to come to see me here in sunny england!!

been to thailand 3 times now and absolutely in love with the place!!

sorry its taken so long to introduce myself, i am a car salesman working in oxford(anyone needing a really good salesperson to work in thailand please let me know!!!) and im 24 years young!!

cheers folks

markreed

Hello, dear friends of Siam!

I came from Germany 7 years ago to make a normal/quiet live here in Thailand. After some "errors" I'm now very satisfied with my living in Thailand. I think I will die here. Its a great place to live and enjoy. I discovered that forum long time ago and decided now to register because its just a great community with a huge international attendance, fascinating!

Hi. I was aware of Thai Visa but never registered until I needed an answer to a question which sunbelt quickly and kindly gave me.

I'm 39 and came to LOS in 1997 to work for the local branch of my parent company in Human Resources. Met my Thai wife who was HR manager on the Thai side of things and the rest is history! I made it a permanent posting.

We've been married for 7 years with a 6 year old daughter and both work in Bangkok Mon-Fri and then it's a flight to Khon Kaen for the weekend at home relaxing.

Hi. I was aware of Thai Visa but never registered until I needed an answer to a question which sunbelt quickly and kindly gave me.

I'm 39 and came to LOS in 1997 to work for the local branch of my parent company in Human Resources. Met my Thai wife who was HR manager on the Thai side of things and the rest is history! I made it a permanent posting.

We've been married for 7 years with a 6 year old daughter and both work in Bangkok Mon-Fri and then it's a flight to Khon Kaen for the weekend at home relaxing.

cheers minimart and you are a very blessed guy. :D

good luck to you and your lovely wife.

chock dee cup. :o

ps enjoy the greatest forum in all of los. :D

terry.

Hello everyone. I am a 27 year old bricklayer from Liverpool, UK. Like everyone else, I am head over heels in love with Thailand and the Thai people, as is my girlfriend. I have my heart set on moving to Thailand and I am looking forward to learning from what you all have to say. I know it will not be easy and there will be problems to overcome on the way, but my mind and heart are focussed on Thailand and if there is a possibility that we could build a life over there, then we will do it.

Thank you.

morky.

hello all im 26 from chicago and im a banker also have lived in thailand for almost 2 years now , i also have a thai/chinese girlfriend and I am very happy to live in thailand , I think its a great city, as in any great city it has its ups and downs, I will also miss chicago but i think I want to retire here as well hahaha will see , well I made my first post and I want to thank dr pat pong hahahah ok anyways later guys

Hi,

I joined this forum about a week ago and posted my first thread (under Health).

I am a retired secondary school teacher but now on my second career as a school librarian (after two years of doing nothing, life has become a bore).

I have been travelling in Thailand for the past twenty years or so, the last few years being more often and longer stay.

I have been to most provinces in the Thai Kingdom: north, east, central and especially the south as I have many Thai friends in Hatyai.

Looking forward to getting more information about this wonderful kingdom and also hoping to share my experiences.