A coup is not an acceptable way to end crisis: US

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The political crisis in Thailand is small beer compared to the Worldwide threat of radical Islam

Concerns about financial debt pale against the global determination of Islamists to turn the whole World order upside down

That is why America is important to Thailand, and why they should be fostered as an ally,as should other liberal democracies

'Warts and all' the USA can be a staunch ally in times of need, and I for one would always want them batting on my side

The comments I have read coming from their State Department seem nothing more than reasonable and conciliatory

Heaven forbid that some TVF members are invited onto a 'People's Council'. It would be a bloodbath if the many incendiary comments I have read actually manifest themselves

"We support a democratic solution to the ongoing tensions in Thailand. So we're engaged very closely in that on the ground, and we, of course, believe there are more steps that need to be taken in that process," she said.

So just what are they doing engaging in another countries affairs?

I am not an American, but even so it is obvious that Thailand is a strategic trading partner and military ally of the US. To further its foreign policy and military presence in the region, the US needs a stable government in Thailand. The fear they probably have is that a coup would destableise the country and I am sure they have conveyed that message to all the key players in the current drama. On the other side of the coin, they have probably been trying to ascertain the stance towards the US from certain key players in the event of instability and how US foreign and military policies might need to be adjusted to accommodate those circumstances should they occur.

There is another point. The spokesperson would not have used the word "coup"" unless US intelligence gathering agencies had not picked up communications from relevant players about that subject.

It does not require "intelligence" (pun intended) given thailands history of multiple recurrent coups to reason her propensity for further ones.

"Scholars sometimes describe the era beginning in 1932 and running up through today as Thailand's "coup season." Since 1932, Thailand has endured an astonishing 11 successful military coups, as well as seven attempted coups."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/12/03/thailand-has-had-more-coups-than-any-other-country-this-is-why/

The Nation is spinning words in again that do not exist....

Jen Psaki, spokeswoman for the US State Department, said in answering a question from a journalist during a daily briefing. "We certainly do not want to see a coup or violence or recourse to - in this - and in any case, of course," she said.

In no place do I see the world military mentioned by the statement, just the word coup..... methinks the message is clear whistling.gif

Clear as mud! You should have a competition with the Nation - you both like spinning for your own purposes!

I'm the US State Department would include any adjectives if they thought necessary. They don't need a limey putting words in the mouth for his own agenda.

we regret any voters not exercizing their right to vote....did they say that when they had their election and the black vote was messed with..in florida i believe i might be wrong,hypocricy....and bad spelling on my part sorry..wai.gif

Geo W Bush's older bro was governor of Florida at the time, and their Republican party wuz and still is as unelectable in the USA as the Democrat party is in Thailand.

(hypocrisy)

The Nation is spinning words in again that do not exist....

Jen Psaki, spokeswoman for the US State Department, said in answering a question from a journalist during a daily briefing. "We certainly do not want to see a coup or violence or recourse to - in this - and in any case, of course," she said.

In no place do I see the world military mentioned by the statement, just the word coup..... methinks the message is clear whistling.gif

Clear as mud! You should have a competition with the Nation - you both like spinning for your own purposes!

I'm the US State Department would include any adjectives if they thought necessary. They don't need a limey putting words in the mouth for his own agenda.

An agenda ? blink.png oooh please tell us your tin foil hat theory I love a good bedtime story