400 K for visa extension only from commercial banks?

Dear experts,

Aware of the fact that I need to have a bank statement with 400 K balance during the last 60 days in order to get a one year extension on my 'marriage visa'.

Now wonder if it needs to be from a commercial bank only. What about local saving cooperatif or what about salak omsin (Government Bank Lottery)? Would that be fine too? Or what about 400 K in a mutual fund from a commercial bank? Obviously these options would more interesting as they pay better interest rates than the usual 3 months fixed accounts.

Thanks!

JP

They must be in a standard Thai bank account and funds must be available for immediate withdrawal.

A fixed term account will be accepted at most immigration offices but it must be of the type where your can withdraw funds with no delay with only lost interest as a penalty.

• Like 2

Thai police order 777/2551 clause 2.18 states this.

must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

I suggest you talk to your local immigration office before putting money into anything other than a normal bank account. This includes using a fixed term account because there may be some offices that will not accept them and others that will want you show you have other sources of income if you leave your balance at 400k or more with no withdrawals and deposits.