Isaan Farmers Meeting No. 10 - End of March 2014

WormFarmer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colonel Packdee: Many thanks for hosting such an interesting and informative meeting, it was very much appreciated. thumbsup.gif Now all we have to do is to get the ones we bought to grow at home.

Also it was great to catch up with so many old friends and to meet so many new friends. Lets hope we can all meet up again at the next meeting. WF.

Labratory/lavatory.

13505968845_21d5cc8c6b_b.jpg

Khun Packdee has made me so enthusiastic, I am considering another trip to his farm. If he would have been my teacher I'd be a scientist a well.thumbsup.gif

Many, many thanks, khun Packdee.

wai2.gif

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

Colonel Packer, THANK you very much for your hospitality and a fun and interesting IFM.

I potted the first bag in a larger one with potting soil at the bottom and wet rice straw on top. The rest will follow tomorrow. And tonight milky mushrooms are on the menu..

Rene and Noy

Sent from my i-mobile i-style 7.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Thank you Dancealo, I did not even know that i forgot the drivers licence there.

I also want to thank Colonel Packdee, you are a wonderful host and I had a great time. Thank you all guys for welcoming a newbie farmer to your group. I hope to meet you again many times.

As usual a great event! biggrin.png Thanks to Col. Packdee for hosting and teaching. Thanks to all for coming - great to catch up with "old" friends, and meeting new ones.

And also big thanks to the beer sponsors thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gifburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Baked potato with onion, Bacon and milky mushroom tastes great. Thank you all for a great time.

Sent from my i-mobile i-style 7.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by revar

Was well worth the trip.

Packdee managed to enthuse my better half and she is now 'into' milky mushrooms.

For myself I met a wide range of expats with an equally wide range of farming knowledge.Even talking to relative novices like myself was rewarding.

Thanks to all involved in organising this event.

Will get to another meeting late in the year.

Thanks for hosting the IFM K'Packdee!

Can I ask again... for the DIY bags, we just need to find a suitable location to put the bags and remove the cover will do right?

After fully colonized, the DIY bag should be placed in confined place for keeping the moisture higher than 85%.

Remove the cover and case the topper part of fully colonized substrate with moisture retaining pot soil.

It was wonderful to meet so many kindred spirits with such a positive outlook on farming. Henceforth when I see mushrooms in the market, I will wonder which of Col. Packdee's students they have come from, or are they from the master himself?

• Like 1

Well Gentleman, may I say that it was my first Farmers Meeting and I have to say ... it was a blast!

Following on from what WF scribes above, so many thanks to many people.

From Khun PackDee for allowing us to visit and be superbly organised, Baz from Thai Visa and I hope

I get this correct, Dave from Phuket for the all important beer supplies ... licklips.gif , Dancealot and his

lovely lady Yui fro driving me up and the Member SantiSuk who drove me back to Bangkok when

there was a mix-up with the Van.

Also, the many new friends I made that Afternoon and into the Evening ... though, the evening was a

wee blur ... apparently I was well behaved ... happy.png

I'll try and dig out a few photos to share below ...