Looking for Olive Oil "Butter"

rmicheald

Tops have it on their able to be ordered list as we buy it in Chiangrai. Olive grove is the brand but the reduced fat version is not so nice.

Sometimes they do not have it but when we ask they order it in ta. They have to order 20 packs so need to be sure they can sell it. Takes a couple of days.

Tops here in Chiangrai are really helpful with ordering stuff in for us.

Suppose you could make it...... used to make butter.... Mix in some Olive Oil with low fat butter/magarine???

Anyways might have some recipes on line. Sounds interesting with garlic and olive oil ..perhaps some chives.

I was able to make butter when I left my home for months of a time by sneaking a bowl of fresh milk under the bed...and then tying a spoon to the springs.

At first I thought it was a clever way to find out if the wife was sleeping with somebody else (milk on the spoon).

However, I got butter instead.

• Like 1

Suppose you could make it...... used to make butter.... Mix in some Olive Oil with low fat butter/magarine???

Anyways might have some recipes on line. Sounds interesting with garlic and olive oil ..perhaps some chives.

I was able to make butter when I left my home for months of a time by sneaking a bowl of fresh milk under the bed...and then tying a spoon to the springs.

At first I thought it was a clever way to find out if the wife was sleeping with somebody else (milk on the spoon).

However, I got butter instead.

There's an old joke: "How do you know when an Elephant has been in your fridge? - there's footprints in the butter".

But you're telling me this: "How do you know your wife has been unfaithful? -there's butter under the bed" cheesy.gif

Edited by Rimmer
3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.
  • Like 1

Foodland do Bertolli spread:

Using Bertolli olive oil spread instead of butter is an easy and enjoyable way to introduce the health benefits of olive oil into your everyday diet. Bertolli olive oil spread has 74% less saturated fat than butter and is high in monounsaturated fat.

Whether you’re spreading it on crusty bread, cooking delicious meals or melting it on fresh vegetables, it’s always certain to bring a taste of the Mediterranean into your home.

*Bertolli is made with Mediterranean olive oil. Enjoy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Both Tesco (Sukumvit) and Makro still stock this, but it comes and goes. Tesco is particularly bad at running out of all butter/margarine products from time to time, Makro is a bit better.

BigC always seem to have it as do Tops, Foodland, Friendship, Villa ....

Some stock both a full fat and a light version.

No olive oil spread in Tesco Sukumvit on Sunday. Hardly any margarine or butter of any type in fact. How can they have so much trouble keeping stock of such basic products that have such a long shelf-life?

Makro had lots of butter and margarine of various brands but no olive oil spread.

No olive oil spread in Tesco Sukumvit on Sunday. Hardly any margarine or butter of any type in fact. How can they have so much trouble keeping stock of such basic products that have such a long shelf-life?

Makro had lots of butter and margarine of various brands but no olive oil spread.

TIT

I've been called a food nazi before and to hold my reputation up, here we go :

Butter is made from milk. There is no olive, soya or engine oil used in the production process.

Kindly refrain from misnaming margarine (i.e. An oil based product) "butter" just because you can squeeze it between bread and marmite. You can also do this with stauffer fett (another oil based product) but it would still not qualify as "butter".

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Butter is made from milk. There is no olive, soya or engine oil used in the production process.

Kindly refrain from misnaming margarine (i.e. An oil based product) "butter" just because you can squeeze it between bread and marmite. You can also do this with stauffer fett (another oil based product) but it would still not qualify as "butter".

The OP did put the word butter in quotes. So he probably knows full well that this spread is not butter. I think the rest of us know it too and I dont think anyone in the entire thread actually referred to this spread as butter.

That said, these olive oil spreads taste fine to me and I bought them all the time in Europe and even brought a 1kg pack back with me on my last trip. It's a shame that here they cost so much (up to four times the cost in the UK).

For what it's worth, most supermarkets here also stock something labelled "butter product" which as far as I know is a mixture of butter and non-butter oils.

Thank you Mr. Samanticist. Butter is also a generically accepted term for any butter LIKE substance. The same as KLEENIX is a generically accepted term for any facial tissue.

well if you use the urban dictionary you get a bit of a shock with the associated words. None of which by the way is cow.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butter