Two clipped in Phuket beauty salon with over 90kg of marijuana

Lite Beer

Two clipped in Phuket beauty salon with over 90kg of marijuana
Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: Police seized 92kg of marijuana at a beauty salon in Thalang yesterday in a sting operation that netted two men also found in possession of a grenade, an illegal handgun and a cache of ammunition.

Netithorn Waddina, 49, from Nakhon Pathom, and Suriya Chuayjuan, 34, from Songkhla, were arrested at about 5pm after undercover police arranged to buy 30kg of marijuana from them for 150,000 baht.

A search of the beauty salon, located near the Baan Kian fresh market (map here), turned up the huge drug stash, all prepacked in one-kilogram bricks.

Officers also found an M67 grenade, a homemade handgun, 50 .22-caliber bullets, 50 9mm bullets, 29 .38-caliber bullets and two cartons of shotgun cartridges.

The drugs alone had an estimated street value of 460,000 baht, said Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Col Arun Kaewwatee.

Both men were charged with possession of: a Category 5 drug with intent to sell, an illegal firearm and unlicenced ammunition.

“Mr Netithorn is also wanted by the Chiang Mai Police on an outstanding warrant for a drug-selling charge,” Col Arun said.

“He is the boyfriend of the woman who owns the beauty salon. However, she had no part in the drugs and we have not charged her with anything.”

The duo smuggled the marijuana from Laos, through Northern and Central Thailand to a depot in Chian Yai District in Nakhon Sri Thammarat, Col Arun explained.

“From there it was brought to Phuket,” he said. “We will investigate further to learn more about the narcotics network.”

The 92kg seized yesterday is much smaller than the largest marijuana haul in Phuket’s criminal history.

A total of 400 one-kilogram bricks of the processed plant with an estimated value of 20 million baht were seized in a raid in Rawai three years ago

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Two-clipped-in-Phuket-beauty-salon-with-over-90kg-of-marijuana-24520.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-02-06

It's interesting that the price or value of marijuana has dropped 90% in Phuket.'

This bust of 92 kilograms has a street value of 460,000 baht. That comes to 5,000 baht a kilo.

The past bust of 400 kilograms had a street value of 20,000,000. That comes to 50,000 a kilo

Yes, I realize that it's actually bad facts or reporting, but do either of those numbers seem correct? I really don't know, but from the little I've heard discussed about buying weed, one number seems too low and the other seems too high for actual street value. Any experts?

It's interesting that the price or value of marijuana has dropped 90% in Phuket.'

This bust of 92 kilograms has a street value of 460,000 baht. That comes to 5,000 baht a kilo.

The past bust of 400 kilograms had a street value of 20,000,000. That comes to 50,000 a kilo

Yes, I realize that it's actually bad facts or reporting, but do either of those numbers seem correct? I really don't know, but from the little I've heard discussed about buying weed, one number seems too low and the other seems too high for actual street value. Any experts?

I have a friend who gets it by the kilo and It's about 6,000 baht per kg

• Like 1

...a foreigner was recently nabbed with a miniscule amount.......he got 5 years.....???

....these guys have bundles, arms, grenades, stacks of cash..previous convictions.......no mention of the time they will 'face'....

....makes one wonder......

£500 an oz? Daily Mail prices.

Actually £500 at street value would and could be a fair assessment by the police of street prices in the UK for weed/skunk...Buy an oz of decent weed/skunk in the UK and prices can vary from around £170 to £250 an oz. London prices can be even higher..Now let a street dealer break it down into £10 deals, you could get a gram per deal or you could get 0.6 of a gram which is quite common in the UK now, depends where you are and the quality of the weed, also can depend on supply.... Divide 28 gram (1 oz) by 0.6 of a gram and you get around 47 x £10 deals, which equals £470 per ounce, so £500 an ounce at street value quite easily and realistically could be achievable....Without reading the Daily Mail....

HTH...

...a foreigner was recently nabbed with a miniscule amount.......he got 5 years.....???

....these guys have bundles, arms, grenades, stacks of cash..previous convictions.......no mention of the time they will 'face'....

....makes one wonder......

Don't wonder about it too much, the foreigner must have been convicted, these two haven't appeared in court yet.

maybe the 92 kg was wholesale price as per kg

400 kg was probally street value as in foils or small packets

Edited by davetrout

So many people will read this title but many will choose not to post , well I do have an opinion that would be for the good of Thailand ! I think with the way things are moving in the world , not just the USA , more intelligent minds in the World have proven through Science that Marijuana is less harmful then many subscription drugs , that less addictive then most , hemp is better for the environment , then all these plastic bags used here and what a BOON! to Medical Tourism and all they need to

do is legalize pot for medicinal use only , you have to apply at a Government Hospital for your Card , you add a tax for the Government hospital which will help pay for all the Farangs that fail to pay or are unable to pay their bill if over 60 yrs. of age .

Between the boon from the medical pot ,you also fill up your travel locations with the new tourists.You get the money in legally taxed farms , there's so many benefits , not to mention it much more logical way , it goes as part of all our cultures before

Countries changed laws to help Crooked Businessmen BS'd the world that Plastic was better then paper. Anyone who has lived here knows how bad plastic disposal looks.....And as to the Question of pricing I would guess that depends on how many people are involved in the transport & sale 5000B in Laos to by the time it gets to Phuket20,000 to the time it hit the street that could be the retail price. Over the mention of Mexican Brick Weed similar to Thai brick , I would say it had a better

quality in Mexico since the farmers also grew "sinsimellia'' and that was seen on a trip to Oaxaca , very famous for its pot. Usually it came like some Thai pot probably arrives un-pressed just in a bale. The potential to grow for medical purpose here is incredible as Grandmas & Grandpas tell their Children's Children stories of Thai sticks.....a Bud of sins with bamboo sting tied on it LOL it was grown either in Maui or Mississippi depending on who was telling you the story ,it was 140$ and 0z.in 1975 , Mex ran 10 to 20$ This is just an opinion based on scientific facts recently found , and realizing that although not perfect decriminalization may be to extreme , but after 27 years here.... I'm sure alcohol ,although a man needs a drink once i awhile , butonly when he can hold his Liquor ! Yet ,no one whose toasted a joint ..hardly ever tries to start trouble. On Bill Maher's Real Time , Willie Nelson quoted a reference to POT in the Bible....too bad its a Buddhist country , cannot plea its your religion

like Rastafarian s do ! I love the pic below.... I wonder if Willie'd like it here ,I heard Snoop Dog did !post-35854-0-28741300-1391734053_thumb.p

Edited by TheWizardofRnR
  • Like 1

Sorry , I meant to add this too...Cheap Thai Pot would be allot better for most residents of Thailand then cheap whiskey ,

That's another reason the Alcohol Industry does not usually support legalization , Drug Companies ....The Rich do not support

anything the poor can enjoy unless they tax the hell out of it , so they don't have to pay more taxes.

Well ,not every rich guy ! But Lao Kao if I spelled it right , can't be good for you !!! Just the smell on someone made me ill !!! Nasty stuff !

Edited by TheWizardofRnR

h of your who

So many people will read this title but many will choose not to post , well I do have an opinion that would be for the good of Thailand ! I think with the way things are moving in the world , not just the USA , more intelligent minds in the World have proven through Science that Marijuana is less harmful then many subscription drugs , that less addictive then most , hemp is better for the environment , then all these plastic bags used here and what a BOON! to Medical Tourism and all they need to

do is legalize pot for medicinal use only , you have to apply at a Government Hospital for your Card , you add a tax for the Government hospital which will help pay for all the Farangs that fail to pay or are unable to pay their bill if over 60 yrs. of age .

Between the boon from the medical pot ,you also fill up your travel locations with the new tourists.You get the money in legally taxed farms , there's so many benefits , not to mention it much more logical way , it goes as part of all our cultures before

Countries changed laws to help Crooked Businessmen BS'd the world that Plastic was better then paper. Anyone who has lived here knows how bad plastic disposal looks.....And as to the Question of pricing I would guess that depends on how many people are involved in the transport & sale 5000B in Laos to by the time it gets to Phuket20,000 to the time it hit the street that could be the retail price. Over the mention of Mexican Brick Weed similar to Thai brick , I would say it had a better

quality in Mexico since the farmers also grew "sinsimellia'' and that was seen on a trip to Oaxaca , very famous for its pot. Usually it came like some Thai pot probably arrives un-pressed just in a bale. The potential to grow for medical purpose here is incredible as Grandmas & Grandpas tell their Children's Children stories of Thai sticks.....a Bud of sins with bamboo sting tied on it LOL it was grown either in Maui or Mississippi depending on who was telling you the story ,it was 140$ and 0z.in 1975 , Mex ran 10 to 20$ This is just an opinion based on scientific facts recently found , and realizing that although not perfect decriminalization may be to extreme , but after 27 years here.... I'm sure alcohol ,although a man needs a drink once i awhile , butonly when he can hold his Liquor ! Yet ,no one whose toasted a joint ..hardly ever tries to start trouble. On Bill Maher's Real Time , Willie Nelson quoted a reference to POT in the Bible....too bad its a Buddhist country , cannot plea its your religion

like Rastafarian s do ! I love the pic below.... I wonder if Willie'd like it here ,I heard Snoop Dog did !attachicon.gifWillie.png

Wowwwwwwwwww! Never thought of that..Are you saying people over 60 can't afford to pay for pot?????????????????????

I have a friend who gets it by the kilo and It's about 6,000 baht per kg

Hope there aren't and police infomers on this site!