Samui Immigration slower than usual or not?

I am waiting to be able to finish my extension of permission to stay. Have the initial 30 days and the next 11 months part supposed to be ready by Feb 10th. Has Immigration been slower than usual with getting the ok to approve these? Thanks for your personal experiences in the last two months. And yes, I know it is often a crap shoot as to when you will actually get it done by them under normal circumstances.

1. It is NOT Samui Immigration that approves the extension ! It is Immigration in Haat Yai !

2. Samui is VERY accurate on the 30 days term. It VERY rarely takes longer.

... the 10th is on Monday, so maybe you start complaining when it's actually not done by then ?

I think generally speaking, best to avoid Mondays and Fridays to get this done... my last extension did not take much longer than usual... There happened to be a lot of Burmese passport being done that day, so perhaps 20 minutes longer than normal.

This time of year they tend to get a lot more holiday people trying to extend visas ... these people will only get 7 days, unless they do a border run, .... that eats up a lot of time for the staff...repeating that same answer.... facepalm.gif .... whistling.gif .

1. It is NOT Samui Immigration that approves the extension ! It is Immigration in Haat Yai !

2. Samui is VERY accurate on the 30 days term. It VERY rarely takes longer.

... the 10th is on Monday, so maybe you start complaining when it's actually not done by then ?

What has Hatyai got to do with this ? Nothing. All approvals come from Bkk.

I would say they are much faster than before(90 day reporting escpecially), but there are just so many applicants these days! (And we know they will move 'soon' to a bigger place.)

It doesn't help that many of the 'customers' are very uninformed and also often extremely rude, as I saw again on my last visit. Staff was amazingly patient even with the obnoxious people.

Sent from my couch via the internet thingy

• Like 2

It doesn't help that many of the 'customers' are very uninformed and also often extremely rude, as I saw again on my last visit. Staff was amazingly patient even with the obnoxious people.

The things people get way within the walls of the Samui immigration office!

Have to pop over there myself on Monday for an extension. I'll go on the saleng I think, if I get pulled over on the way there I can claim I'm heading for the drivers licence centre. Not going into Nathon though.

Got there 8:10 and there were already a good 20 people waiting around. Just under 3 hour wait

Got out 9.15.There was more then 20 people with all the passports for 90 days reporting from migrant workers.

Got there 8:10 and there were already a good 20 people waiting around. Just under 3 hour wait

Got out 9.15.There was more then 20 people with all the passports for 90 days reporting from migrant workers.

Seems to be quite a lot of agents these days which no doubt pushes the people who turn up on their own down the queue quite a bit. I normally get told to come back at 10:00 but today was told 11:00 which turned out to be 11:30. I was going for a 30 day extension for a tourist visa as were many it seems. Saw a lady grab a TM 7 when the door opened. By the time she filled it in and handed it over the return time had become 13:00.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went to immigration yesterday for my extension of stay stamp. It seems that BKK is quite behind and it has not been approved yet. P'Nok said that there were many in the same position as me and that I should come back again next week, as it should be approved by then.....FYI, he gets a fax each morning from BKK with the names of the people that were approved that day. He showed me the lists from the past few days and we went through it together just to be sure.

I went in before and then after the 30 day period and received the appropriate stamps after telling K. Nok I had an international airline ticket for later that same week. There was no delay in their usual timeline in my case. I saw him check some papers before affixing the stamps, may have been the fax you speak of in your post, Guava Girl . Hope you are not inconvenienced by this, .

I went for my 90 stamp a couple of weeks ago and rather than fill in the usual form was given a slip of paper on which I was asked to write my current address. This was put in my Passport which I left with them and that was it. Come back later I was told. That I did (actually the next day) and everything was ready. Seems they just matched the address to what they already had on the computer system for me and that was enough. Quite efficient for a change I thought.

• Like 1

Unfortunately islandguy it is an inconvenience for me, as I have to close my business every time that I need to go to immigration. There is nothing I can do about it though and it is not P'Nok's fault.

Yes, the papers were probably the fax that he gets from BKK.

SamuiRes, usually the 90-day report takes me 10 minutes so coming back later is not too efficient. Do you have a WP or an extension based on marriage (or retirement)? They usually do mine quickly as they know I have to go back to work ;)

Unfortunately islandguy it is an inconvenience for me, as I have to close my business every time that I need to go to immigration. There is nothing I can do about it though and it is not P'Nok's fault.

Yes, the papers were probably the fax that he gets from BKK.

SamuiRes, usually the 90-day report takes me 10 minutes so coming back later is not too efficient. Do you have a WP or an extension based on marriage (or retirement)? They usually do mine quickly as they know I have to go back to work wink.png

Yes I have both a WP and an extension based on marriage. I am on that side of the island at least once week so arrange my appointments accordingly so going back for me is not issue. Having close your business though I can understand is.

You are lucky SamuiRes. I have to come over from Koh Phangan.

I called P'Nok this morning to see if it was ready yet as I was going to go gain tomorrow, but he said it still has not been approved. I will call him again tomorrow and try to go on Thursday. I hope he doesn't get annoyed if I start calling him everyday sad.png