PM Yingluck: Parliament dissolution obstructs rice pledging scheme

webfact

The woman is devoted to improving the life of poor people all over thailand. She is Aung San Suu Kui of Thailand. Praised for all her hard work by world leaders on her tireless trips to more than 50 countries. Who if not her would sacrifice oneself for the struggle of the poor against the oppressive elites of bangkok (have to be noted that it's just the elites of bangkok, not Chiang mai).

This might be sarcasm, but...

How DARE you put Cinderella on the same level as ASSK?! How dare you!

The barefaced gall.

Did YL lose her husband to cancer? Did she suffer under house arrest for 19 years? Was her father assassinated?

Did her supporters live in fear of their lives?

Pure red shirt propaganda claptrap.

You, sir, are despicable.

I think his comment was supposed to be ironic/satirical.....possibly.

Neither, merely naive, maybe even ignorant. Yes, ignorant.

That is not my words. I were merely quoting the PR remarks made by ruling party to praise dear PM. So being ignorant would refer to the people believing this stuff and voting her in, the number of which is rather large even among the foreigners on TV.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't the 2013-2014 National Budget already approved? Didn't it have sufficient provisions for all schemes ? Did the Yingluck government put the rice price pledge scheme about the budget to be less transparent?

Do pigs fly?

PS answer: in Bangkok yes, just saw a flock flying past biggrin.png

• Like 1

I think his comment was supposed to be ironic/satirical.....possibly.

Neither, merely naive, maybe even ignorant. Yes, ignorant.

That is not my words. I were merely quoting the PR remarks made by ruling party to praise dear PM. So being ignorant would refer to the people believing this stuff and voting her in, the number of which is rather large even among the foreigners on TV.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OK fair enough. Next time try using """" quotation marks and credit the quotes to a 3rd party, otherwise readers assume you are the author of such statements.

If you were indeed quoting others, accept my apologies for my comments.

• Like 2

Payments have been in arrears for 5 months ... way before parliament dissolution

PTP using their usual MO ... blame everything on everyone else

Just once I would like to hear them say "we were wrong and we made a mistake, we are sorry" ... but I will not hold my breath

I agree with your gist, but the rest is kind of a Thai trait wink.png

It's not my fault tactics

Dear caretaker prime minister, Farmer not receive money since 8 month, parliament has been dissolve since 2 months, you not see a problem when you say "

Parliament dissolution obstructs rice pledging scheme"

You know since many month your rice scheme was an failure admit it !!!!!

• Like 1

Claiming that the government’s policy has been accepted by farmers and has been successful in increasing farmers’ income in the last two years, she vowed to work with her Cabinet for the success of the project.

Increasing income over the past 2 years ? From what I understand from the farmers protests is that they had NO INCOME in the past 2 years, because the government failed to pay them.

Does this woman have no shame at all, to post such utter bs on her FB .

I was reading the Thai graffiti on her posters along sukhumvit, and many say 'shameless' She is pampered and selfish indeed.

I'm wondering how she can honestly say these things with a straight face, either she's incredibly naive or incredibly stupid or an outright liar!

She has proven to be all three since she stepped in in 2010. The world would be better off without a shinawatra gene

• Like 1

The woman is devoted to improving the life of poor people all over thailand. She is Aung San Suu Kui of Thailand. Praised for all her hard work by world leaders on her tireless trips to more than 50 countries. Who if not her would sacrifice oneself for the struggle of the poor against the oppressive elites of bangkok (have to be noted that it's just the elites of bangkok, not Chiang mai).

Another idiotic post comparing her with the Nobel Prize winner from Burma.

The woman is devoted to aquiring wealth and collecting handbags.

"Sacrificing herself for the struggle of the poor.......... bla bla bla"xbah.gif.pagespeed.ic.l9zPefr-9w.webp alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>

and...two idiotic posts

I noticed that red TV members tend to avoid all news threads with "rice" in the title.

I noticed the only time the fascists on TV care about the farmers is when they can insult the government.

Calling us fascists is the only rationale that you can use against those who dislike rampant corruption and abuse of power?

It is really pitiful how people is using that adjective. I once was accused of spreading fascist propaganda after I just said that there is a center to help patients with cancer and other diseases at Wat Onoi (Luang Pu Buddha Isara's monastery)... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Funny! This caretaker government's power limitations seem to be generally dictated by its own perceptions, rather than by any reference to the legality of what it can, and cannot, do.

But the farmers' hardship would be less of an issue had it not been for the boneheadedness of PTP in pushing ahead with a populist scheme that was criticised from the start, and from all quarters, as economically unsustainable.

noksidam

Well you are fascists. I can also say you are anti-democratic (here I'm backed by the States and the UN). I can say you are severely deluded thinking Suthep and another coup will improve things in this country. I guess you're just an imbecile if you believe all this mess is for fighting corruption. And sending people to soon ex-monk Issara may not be fascist but kind of stupid i.m.o.

Yes indeed! and they are freeeee from corruption... 555! laugh.png And there are no fascists under the US democracy 55555!!! laugh.pnglaugh.png

What a funny backup that you have

Edited by MGP

Good Grief does she even understand what she is saying.

The farmers should have been paid a month before the dissolution. If there was a problem she should have taken care of it then. Not now two months later.

If the farmers hadn't complained would she be trying to pay them now?

She led the charge to pay that much for the rice and she was single handedly responsible for making it imposable to pay by dissolving the house.

Can Yingluck please explain her feelings on losing half of the PTP votes?

She can issue a statement via facebook if that is the way she runs a country...... via facebook.... lol

Democracy has won the day with at least 20 million voters. More over most of those who voted voted for me Pheu Thai. I would like to say 'thank you' for the continued faith those have in our good policies, regards for the law and financially sound administation. My brother sends his regards as well.

tongue-in-cheeky

• Like 1

This video is in Thai, but the explanation in English is at the bottom:

"The Corruption Cycle Behind Thailand’s Rice Pledging Scheme

The government announced the rice would be sold through G2G, through a company called GSSG Import & Export that is represented in Thailand by Mr. Rathanit Sojiratkul (Palm), who is an assistant to the Parliamentary Member, Mrs. Rapipan Pongruengrong, wife of Arisman Pongruengrong one of the core Red Shirt leaders.

Mr. Rathanit then issued a power of attorney to Mr. Nimon Rakdee or Joe, a right hand man of Sia Pieng. Mr. Nimon then brought the rice from the government through the Foreign Trade Department. Sia Piang sold the rice he got for less than market value, as it did not go through the bidding process, and sold it to rice mills at market value.

The government lost out in the first phase because Sia Pieng took the profit from the sell. The mills in turn sold back the rice they got from Sia Pieng to the government’s rice pledging program. The government brought this rice at a price that is 40% higher than market value. Therefore the mills made profit from selling the rice back to the government while the government lost out again for the second time as they now have to pledge their own rice.

The fact that the government lost out twice in this deal is probably not a coincidence due their misjudgment. But it is because Sia Pieng is actually a close friend of Thaksin Shinawatra. They say they are selling the rice through G2G when in fact they are selling to a company owned by Thaksin’s close friend.

Don’t forget that the money the government lost out on twice is actually our tax money."

And that video is a year old. I did not know the details of the scam, but this is gold.

I have called Suthep a fascist for calling for an unelected "people's council" and for disrespecting the PTP voters as not good people.

However, I do feel that the protests are legitimate. Whether there is a way out of this huge standoff remains to be seen.

As more and more evidence piled up about the corruption and nepotism of the Shin Clan, many people have had enough.

This was a long time coming. Thai people can be very patient and take a lot of shit, but when they have had enough of something, they explode.

I am also quite sure that there are many disillusioned PTP voters and red shirts. The PTP cannot be enjoying the same kind of support now as 2011.

Farmers being ripped off by the government that was supposed to have helped them. Some cronies stuffing their pockets by double scamming.

The PTP have been ignoring all the reports of their incompetence and thinly veiled cronyism and it has cost them dearly. Their attitude that they can do whatever the fark they want because they were elected just does not fly.

Some good might come out of this. The Dems might learn they ignore the farmers and poor at their own risk. I am skeptical.

• Like 1

Hello Guys I not getting into this one. The majority of you believe (according to you own words) the slanderous remarks that you have been dishing out during the past four months. It's getting really boring. Are the any grown-ups that could make an intelligent comment or two.

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Payments have been in arrears for 5 months ... way before parliament dissolution

PTP using their usual MO ... blame everything on everyone else

Just once I would like to hear them say "we were wrong and we made a mistake, we are sorry" ... but I will not hold my breath

When was the last time you heard any Thai person say 'I was wrong'?

Yesterday. My wife said it. We were talking about our wedding day. First time I have ever heard her admit she made a blunder. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hello Guys I not getting into this one. The majority of you believe (according to you own words) the slanderous remarks that you have been dishing out during the past four months. It's getting really boring. Are the any grown-ups that could make an intelligent comment or two.

So it seems the truth does hurt !

• Like 1

I noticed that red TV members tend to avoid all news threads with "rice" in the title.

I noticed the only time the fascists on TV care about the farmers is when they can insult the government.

Hang on a minute !

I care about the farmers, namely my wife's family from Surin, and have been helping them out financially for years. Even though they are so well looked after by your beloved PTP

(who still owes them money for their rice, which is probably never going to come)

• Like 1