Immigration Reaffirms Warning to Foreigners Involved in Protests

Jonathan Fairfield

You/we (westerners) represent less than 0.3% of the population, you get to live here, eat inexpensive food, pay almost no tax, enjoy a warm climate and have frequent sex with beautiful women, what do you want next, voting privileges! Quit whinging.

PAY ALMOST NO TAX AND HAVE FREQUENT SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL WOMEN? bah.gif

Speak for yourself!! facepalm.gif

If you pay a lot of taxes and don't have sex with beautiful women, is it by nostalgia of your original country?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to our country, you are welcome to spend all your money, use it to build up a business, live here for the rest of your life, marry a thai person but you are not allowed to have an opinion different from ours.

This is call Democracy like Mr Poutine think it is...

You/we (westerners) represent less than 0.3% of the population, you get to live here, eat inexpensive food, pay almost no tax, enjoy a warm climate and have frequent sex with beautiful women, what do you want next, voting privileges! Quit whinging.

And how much do "we" spend per capita, compared to the local population?

There is a reason the slogan of Thailand can be confused as "We welcome your money to amazing Thailand".

Or denounce your citizenship to whatever country and become a Thai

You reckon having citizenship would stop them throwing you out, do ya? Doesn't that Indian have a passport? You could have citizenship, a Thai passport, have lived here 50 years and would still not be 'Thai'. It's all about your face. wink.png

Australia can do the same.

If you are prepared to risk deportation go ahead. Never had sympathy for protesters of any kind who disrupt peoples lives and business.

You come from a land of milk and honey, where all is given and there is no reason to protest. I dont have Sympathy for people who have no Sympathy.

That is nonsense. Poor Thais have it better than people living in poverty in the US. At least they don't risk being shot while walking to school.

Just read an article today in my home paper about a 15 year old boy who was shot 3 times in the head and torso with a shotgun after answering "what?" when two gangbangers pulled up and shouted a gang slogan at him.

They do in the south of Thailand.

"You probably, would be suspended to stay in the Kingdom"?

lovely translation.

I personally wouldn't take part, as I have scant regard for either side.

however, if I felt strongly enough about an issue anywhere in the world and had the opportunity, being a citizen of that country or not most certainly would have little bearing upon whether or not I took part in demos..........I remember Bellamy protesting against deforestation in Tasmania, and people all over the world demonstration against Japanese whaling, imprisonment without trial, racist government policies, settlement of indigoes people's land, fracking etc etc..........

If they feel strongly enough and love Thailand and their Thai friends, want to show their solidarity I can see their point, good luck.

Quite frankly if the authorities take action against them, then it really underlines how parochial and niggardly some aspects of Thai authority can be.

Freedom of expression is not a national right, it is a world right, and those who try to suppress it will in the end lose out.

Freedom of expression is one thing, outright hatred of everything that is Thai is another!!

As many on this forum have expressed, some of us personally take offence as they are taking about "all" Thai's which includes our family and friends. I suppose I could take the high road and not respond to their racist comments!

But having that freedom of expression, I take it upon myself to respond, to not allow those A*****e venom to go unchallenged, is not a part of who I am!

Cheers

Haha.

Well that's ok, because we are all just falangs. It is a little too complicated to get drawn into distinguishing Brit, french, american,Canadian, Brazilian or other.

All falangs are alike. A bit like Thais and Cambodians don't you think.

That type of expression is unwarranted , no matter who it comes from!!

Exactly.......

So. Who exactly denigrates all things thai? I am tarred with all the faults of all falangs aren't I ?

Everywhere has problems, thailand at the moment, more than most. Thais are not blameless in their tarring everyone with a very broad brush also.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Your 0.3% works out to a little over 200 Thousand foreigners. I suspect that your source data is wrong.

On average there are 50,000 British citizens in Thailand year long on a wide variety of visas rage from elite visas all the way down through to retirement visas.

Each year over the past ten years between 500,000 and one million British Citizens visit Thailand for business, visiting their family, or attending conferences or on holiday.

The British presence in your beautiful country of The Kingdom of Thailand is treasured by us all. Well except for the few bad boys that can be found in any large sample. We the British have had a presence in Thailand since old Ayuthaya was a functioning city with it's British Village near to the Japanese Village on the outskirts of Old Ayuthaya.

Our presence expanded during the reign of His Majesty King Mongkut and has thrived ever since. Again I am personally proud of that and Love your King as I Love my Queen.

Obviously I can't speak for those the exploit your beautiful women. However I suspect that the sample size of whore mongers and perverts is hopefully small. The fact is that your women are of more interest to us as wives. Whatever the case I can tell you that during my 20 year affair with your country many thousands of our citizen have married Thai wives.

All above being the case the total number of foreigners in Thailand at any one time has often far exceeded two million.

If any of them break Thai law we would "on the whole" expect your Thai Judiciary to deal with them appropriately.

Your 0.3% works out to a little over 200 Thousand foreigners. I suspect that your source data is wrong.

On average there are 50,000 British citizens in Thailand year long on a wide variety of visas rage from elite visas all the way down through to retirement visas.

Each year over the past ten years between 500,000 and one million British Citizens visit Thailand for business, visiting their family, or attending conferences or on holiday.

The British presence in your beautiful country of The Kingdom of Thailand is treasured by us all. Well except for the few bad boys that can be found in any large sample. We the British have had a presence in Thailand since old Ayuthaya was a functioning city with it's British Village near to the Japanese Village on the outskirts of Old Ayuthaya.

Our presence expanded during the reign of His Majesty King Mongkut and has thrived ever since. Again I am personally proud of that and Love your King as I Love my Queen.

Obviously I can't speak for those the exploit your beautiful women. However I suspect that the sample size of whore mongers and perverts is hopefully small. The fact is that your women are of more interest to us as wives. Whatever the case I can tell you that during my 20 year affair with your country many thousands of our citizen have married Thai wives.

All above being the case the total number of foreigners in Thailand at any one time has often far exceeded two million.

If any of them break Thai law we would "on the whole" expect your Thai Judiciary to deal with them appropriately.

Population numbers are based on permanent or long term residency, not transients, not visitors and BTW, I'm a Brit!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702506-happy-senior-account-kasikorn/page-2#entry7404908

Shows that you have no rights as a foreigner in Thailand, no matter how long you have lived here.

You have finally caught on.

I would not advise any foreigners to consider staying in Thailand for the long term at the present until these political disputes are resolved one way or another.

Also these protest laws may extend to what foreigners say Online, especially on Thai visa regarding the Thailand situation at the moment and suggest the less said, the better. Otherwise it`s up to each individuals risk and discretion, including the website owners that host these comments.

Dangerous times that could be heading for an inevitable civil war between the north and the south. This is not paranoia as feelings are high among the Thais, things are not looking good. Hoping my hunches are wrong.

Jeeze BJ, what rights do you want or do you reasonably expect to have in Thailand, consider yourself lucky that the farangs allow you to stay here let alone the the government of the day!

No absolute statutory rights as such, only I wish as a foreigner who abides by the Thai laws and conforms to all the Immigration department requirements, to be able plod on as I have always done without hindrance in a peaceful society.

I am not and have never been interested in politics, not even in my own country until it starts getting in my face as this Thai situation is doing now.

if you truly believe that ex-pats living in Thailand have any powers or even a say in who they consider as foreigners suitable or not suitable to live in Thailand and that the Thais are in the least interested in what sides farangs give preference to, then you are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. The poitical views of farangs in Thailand mean nothing and have no clout behind them whatsoever, so your statement; “consider yourself lucky that the farangs allow you to stay here let alone the the government of the day! ” is simply ludicrous because like me you could be thrown out the kingdom at the stroke of a pen. What I said previous still stands, farangs who decide to take sides and actively become involved in the disputes, either on the field or in the public domain do so at their own discretion. But I am telling you it`s a mugs game and also something that is not appreciated or wanted from us by the Thais and could reap repercussions later by whatever party gets into power.

Get into the real world

Edited by Beetlejuice

Shows that you have no rights as a foreigner in Thailand, no matter how long you have lived here.

I would not advise any foreigners to consider staying in Thailand for the long term at the present until these political disputes are resolved one way or another.

Also these protest laws may extend to what foreigners say Online, especially on Thai visa regarding the Thailand situation at the moment and suggest the less said, the better. Otherwise it`s up to each individuals risk and discretion, including the website owners that host these comments.

Dangerous times that could be heading for an inevitable civil war between the north and the south. This is not paranoia as feelings are high among the Thais, things are not looking good. Hoping my hunches are wrong.

Jeeze BJ, what rights do you want or do you reasonably expect to have in Thailand, consider yourself lucky that the farangs allow you to stay here let alone the the government of the day!

No absolute statutory rights as such, only I wish as a foreigner who abides by the Thai laws and conforms to all the Immigration department requirements, to be able plod on as I have always done without hindrance in a peaceful society.

I am not and have never been interested in politics, not even in my own country until it starts getting in my face as this Thai situation is doing now.

if you truly believe that ex-pats living in Thailand have any powers or even a say in who they consider as foreigners suitable or not suitable to live in Thailand and that the Thais are in the least interested in what sides farangs give preference to, then you are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. The poitical views of farangs in Thailand mean nothing and have no clout behind them whatsoever, so your statement; “consider yourself lucky that the farangs allow you to stay here let alone the the government of the day! ” is simply ludicrous because like me you could be thrown out the kingdom at the stroke of a pen. What I said previous still stands, farangs who decide to take sides and actively become involved in the disputes, either on the field or in the public domain do so at their own discretion. But I am telling you it`s a mugs game and also something that is not appreciated or wanted from us by the Thais.

Get into the real world

You complain you have, "No absolute statutory rights as such", in Thailand, what do you expect, worldwide native privileges in every country you visit, just because you are a Westerner?

I think the Government is frightened that a Westerner might accidentally get killed at one of these rallies. The bad publicity would result in even more tourists deciding to keep away from the Land of Smiles!

I think they are scared someone might state some home truths, such as they are all utterly corrupt and thus its absurd to claim one group to be better than another.

I think the Government is frightened that a Westerner might accidentally get killed at one of these rallies. The bad publicity would result in even more tourists deciding to keep away from the Land of Smiles!

I think they are scared someone might state some home truths, such as they are all utterly corrupt and thus its absurd to claim one group to be better than another.

Not ;like the UK or the EU then!

they should kick out all farangs supporting this terrorists and anti democratic yellows over night. some of this farangs are kicked out allready in phuket. they have worked for english newspaper and tv in phuket and have supported the yellows.. this decision from yinglucks goverment made me very happy *____*

A farang or even any non-Thai should be kicked out for supporting terrorism, I agree,

One might even agree that the Yellow Shirts are or better, were anti democratic.

But today's demonstrators are neither terrorists nor yellow shirts (they were active 2006-2008). So what exactly made you so very happy?

if you truly believe that ex-pats living in Thailand have any powers or even a say in who they consider as foreigners suitable or not suitable to live in Thailand and that the Thais are in the least interested in what sides farangs give preference to, then you are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. The poitical views of farangs in Thailand mean nothing and have no clout behind them whatsoever, so your statement; “consider yourself lucky that the farangs allow you to stay here let alone the the government of the day! ” is simply ludicrous because like me you could be thrown out the kingdom at the stroke of a pen. What I said previous still stands, farangs who decide to take sides and actively become involved in the disputes, either on the field or in the public domain do so at their own discretion. But I am telling you it`s a mugs game and also something that is not appreciated or wanted from us by the Thais.

Get into the real world

You complain you have, "No absolute statutory rights as such", in Thailand, what do you expect, worldwide native privileges in every country you visit, just because you are a Westerner?

Don`t be ridiculous my lad, I am not complaining, only explaining how it is, the reality, don`t expect any privileges or want any. I was quite content with how things are and see no reasons to stir up the hornets nest, and that`s all I am saying.

Otherwise how else would you like me to explain this, even in a way that you might understand?

You reckon having citizenship would stop them throwing you out, do ya? Doesn't that Indian have a passport? You could have citizenship, a Thai passport, have lived here 50 years and would still not be 'Thai'. It's all about your face. wink.png

Incorrect - if you have a Thai passport, then you are Thai and by law, you do not have any other citizenship - you ARE a Thai citizen, so they cant deport you - you are in your home country by definition, so they cannot deport a Thai citizen from his/her own country.

The Indian gentleman may not be a Thai as such, but he may have PR - different thing entirely.

Incorrect - if you have a Thai passport, then you are Thai and by law, you do not have any other citizenship - you ARE a Thai citizen, so they cant deport you - you are in your home country by definition, so they cannot deport a Thai citizen from his/her own country.

The Indian gentleman may not be a Thai as such, but he may have PR - different thing entirely.

"if you have a Thai passport, then you are Thai and by law, you do not have any other citizenship - you ARE a Thai citizen"

Too bad coz nobody will finally deport cutie Yingluck. sad.png

Quit that patriotic primitive rant, will you? Thank the foreigners for helping develop your miserable country and thank the foreigners got allowing your compatriots to work in their countries and send money back home so that their families can drink beer and bang the rest of the women in the village

Apparently you have no idea why Thailand is so much more developed than the neighboring countries. The reason being the development

was a trade to use Thailand as a base to have a "police action" aka the Vietnam War. Thailand has been built with blood money

and if wasn't for us foreigners, it would probably look like Cambodia.

We developed your miserable country in trade for allowing us to have an easier time killing more orientals. bah.gif

Wow that had categoried all expats in the same brand as tourists

You are obviously one of those people you described as if you have a Busines ( a legal one )

Then you have no clue as to how much tax foreigners pay just to stay legal.

Then if we marry a thai lady we have to prove we are worthy by having money in the bank for show which is border line human rights violation

Allot of us live here and pay more tax that thai businesses as we have to just to have the luxury of owning a house

After taxes paying staff laying out for a family there is not much left for cheap food and other ladies

What land do you live on or sorry what planet ?

Forangs are constantly being bullied by others and why can't we have a say. We have not vote so what is the governments problem

I noticed that was Nonkhai immigration part of esaan who's is anti Sutheo