3 best international schools in Phuket

jumbo

Headstart is quite a bit cheaper so comes down the list at number 4, though it's grown very quickly in the past three or four years, so perhaps price does matter.

And in Rawai is Palm House, also growing quite fast.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

how come we don't see so many 100% thai kids in these schools? where does the thai hi-so put their kids in Phuket at? orrrrr or maybe these schools are just ridiculous overpriced just a stupid falang would put his kids there..? oooorrr?

how come we don't see so many 100% thai kids in these schools? where does the thai hi-so put their kids in Phuket at? orrrrr or maybe these schools are just ridiculous overpriced just a stupid falang would put his kids there..? oooorrr?

What an amazing comment worthy of Thai Visa troll tongue.png

Go out, meet people...get laid....anything. Just lighten up a bit.

• Like 2

Cool, is it any good? Been looking at QSI so anyone have a detailed review? Location and facilities good? Reputation ok? Thanks.

It is Karen Bravo.

I looked at QSI. It's a lovely school with lovely teachers. I just thought it was a bit too laid back.

SDM

• Like 1

Thanks for input. How laid back and in what way?

Cool, is it any good? Been looking at QSI so anyone have a detailed review? Location and facilities good? Reputation ok? Thanks.

It is Karen Bravo.

"'I looked at QSI. It's a lovely school with lovely teachers. I just thought it was a bit too laid back.

SDM"

Edited by CeltNYC

how come we don't see so many 100% thai kids in these schools? where does the thai hi-so put their kids in Phuket ...

BIS and many in KJ International.

not that many at BIS but a few more at KJ so you right but maybe they just don't like their kids to hangout with luk khruengs and falangs i guess money just can't buy you class..

how come we don't see so many 100% thai kids in these schools? where does the thai hi-so put their kids in Phuket ...

not that many at BIS but a few more at KJ so you right but maybe they just don't like their kids to hangout with luk khruengs and falangs i guess money just can't buy you class..

Not sure I agree with this. Obviously there are a lot of Thais that don't like falang etc. However, having taught many (hundreds) full Thai kids and having spoken to many of their parents at length I can tell you that this is not the reason / or at least the main reason.

They are in a real quandary in their minds. They want the best education for their children, but are concerned with maintaining cultural identity, politeness and language (which to me does not translate to hatred of falang). Many feel (rightly or wrongly?) that this would be lost if they went to full International schools. This explains why many send their kids to good English programmes and / or switch to an International school later in their child's education (so the Thai basis is there).

I think the success (measured in numbers) of Kajonkiet's English Programme proves the point.

My 2 cents.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Best are BIS, PIA:
daughter graduated in 2012 from qsi, very laid back compared to BIS, ( she attended there years 3-8),. no real sports facilites like the others.but very caring teachers and more individualized.attention, education not as good as others, cheaper, an yes, its american. only 120 students or so vs over 900 at BIS

BIS can be a bitch for krung thai's

HI sos are all at BIS or PIA boarding , down from Bangkok

BIS is 40% Thai...

BIS and PIADS are the best.

BIS has more students. They also do IGCSE but only do IB at the Diploma level. No MYP or PYP.

PIADS has less students but will have boarders next year, so it is growing. They are full IB - PYP, MYP and DP (starting next year).

Both have awesome sport facilities. Hell, Olympic athletes and triathletes come to train at the Thanyapura Sports & Leisure Club, which is a part of PIADS.

BIS has more students. They also do IGCSE but only do IB at the Diploma level. No MYP or PYP.

PIADS has less students but will have boarders next year, so it is growing. They are full IB - PYP, MYP and DP (starting next year).

Both have awesome sport facilities. Hell, Olympic athletes and triathletes come to train at the Thanyapura Sports & Leisure Club, which is a part of PIADS.

Can somebody translate this?

• Like 2

BIS = British International School

PIADS = Phuket International Academy Day School

PYP = Primary Years Program

MYP = Middle Years Program

DP = Diploma Program

TY.

IB = International ??

IGCSE = ??

TYIA

Thanks for your review. What are your thoughts on QSI? You didn't mention them and they are another option.

PhuketRichard says they are caring but laid back. What's their reputation in general?