Suthep keen for alliance with angry farmers

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He constantly outwits the dull government.

All Yingluck can say is the word ' democracy' , Surapong and Paraodon sit looking glum, Plodprasop has disappeared' and as for the fearless Dr Chalerm- plainly, he's enjoying his war of words with Suthep to compete for the most broken deadlines.

Yeah,.. whatever happened to Plodprasop?

... Oh How The Mighty Have Fallen!

Suthep marched yesterday (Fri) to collect money "for farmers". He plans to do the same on Monday.

However, he says that he will withhold "some" of this money to be used (by him) on behalf of the farmers.

Old habits die hard ....

Maybe he's spotted some prime farm land up for sale?wink.png

• Like 1

Suthep unites what has divided by the shin-clan. More and more, I see this man acting without political bonds, I admire him. Abhisit can learn from him and do someting, like a public fund for rice-farmers in need. Im sure in a week have enough money to help some small farmers to back in a normal life...thumbsup.gif

What "Spirit" it Needs to lift a Gangster to be a hero... I dont know! Any means is right for Mr. Suthep to try to achieve his Goals.. his personal benefit or get a little power.

First he call same People be dump, be second class citizen, be to stupid to can vote and should be controled by "leaders" ... and now HE is go to beg the same to Support him for his fascistic plans.. only one word: dirty! Hopefully the People know that just about Suthep the government cant pay the bills.. and see the real reason of his Action.

• Like 1

Yes, good! Let's finally topple the Faschist Thaksin Regime. Strip the redshirts of their money and throw them in military jail!

This government is the worst government Thailand ever had and we need to go quick befor even our grandchildren will have to pay back the debts these evil people made!

Do you speak about the French Regime in cambodia only about half century ago.,. there was no one with Name "Thaksin".. and no redshirts.. but I did read and saw something about polpot and the Khmerrouge ... thats an other Country and an other Story Jean Pierre Jacquot....

Did everyone catch the part that said " The money would go to farmer's protest" not to the farmer who really need it. How much will he keep for helping out their cause? Just wondering.

Suthep wants reform. The protests are the vehicle to facilitate that occurring. He isn't in a position to save the farmers, not even from themselves. But Suthep can advance his objective and perhaps help get protective mechanisms, checks and balances, established within the political landscape so that this sort of brazen government theft can never occur again.

10 million baht. 1,1 million farmers needing help. I guess you are right -- Suthep should give them 10 baht a piece each day he marches. That should fix the cock up perpetrated by the Shin Mafia. facepalm.gif

Edited by samuidave
  • Like 1

if it was not for Suthep the government would of had the money to pay the farmers. the lost government earnings and lost earnings from tourism would of been enough to pay the rice famers.The diesel subsidy ends at the end of this month so who is going to extend that if it is not extended there be plenty of money

Geesus, the ignorance, nay, stupidity, of some posts is amazing. This may be one of them.

The Shin government set up the rice pledging program against the advice of all third party economic advisors and opinions. It played the rice millers. It tried to rig the domestic and international market. It decided to give the money to Thaksin, at least 30 billion of it anyhow, and the rest was eaten by the political hacks of the PT. The debt has been due and accruing for more than 6 months, and it is now the fault of Suthep?

This government is so corrupt that a democracy is nothing but a pipe dream without substantive reform. I am pretty sure that has been Suthep's verbalized intention since he began. Of course he welcomed the farmers three months ago, but they dont typically get any views on affairs other than those offered by the state and the mediums the state controls. They are brainwashed is my point.

I read as far as "would of"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep marched yesterday (Fri) to collect money "for farmers". He plans to do the same on Monday.

However, he says that he will withhold "some" of this money to be used (by him) on behalf of the farmers.

Old habits die hard ....

I've been searching for the article where Suthep exactly said that, but I can't find.

Probably you can provide a link ?

• Like 1

if it was not for Suthep the government would of had the money to pay the farmers. the lost government earnings and lost earnings from tourism would of been enough to pay the rice famers.The diesel subsidy ends at the end of this month so who is going to extend that if it is not extended there be plenty of money

Geesus, the ignorance, nay, stupidity, of some posts is amazing. This may be one of them.

The Shin government set up the rice pledging program against the advice of all third party economic advisors and opinions. It played the rice millers. It tried to rig the domestic and international market. It decided to give the money to Thaksin, at least 30 billion of it anyhow, and the rest was eaten by the political hacks of the PT. The debt has been due and accruing for more than 6 months, and it is now the fault of Suthep?

This government is so corrupt that a democracy is nothing but a pipe dream without substantive reform. I am pretty sure that has been Suthep's verbalized intention since he began. Of course he welcomed the farmers three months ago, but they dont typically get any views on affairs other than those offered by the state and the mediums the state controls. They are brainwashed is my point.

Then you should have quoted tom21, not samuidave.

Then you should have quoted tom21, not samuidave.

Ah! But I enjoyed your post

What a pathetic little man grabbing at any straws to keep himself in the limelight.

He could not give a toss about the farmers, and has a lot to do with their not being paid in the first place!

I don't understand your post,, I could be missing something (really I could) but how has Suthep created the issue of the farmers not being paid? there were issues with the rice pledging scheme long before the protests. If the money was there to pay them before the protests why isn't it there now?

Also, he is protesting against the current government. One of the big issues created by the government is the failure of the rice pledging scheme. So, if you were apposing the government would you not bring this up? If you didn't you surely would be stupid.

Basically don't lose sight of the fact that the farmers are in the mess they are in because they trusted the government, this is a simple fact. Whether I or anyone agrees with the protests or not does not change this fact. They should be thoroughly ashamed of what they have done to these poor people. I hope they see some hope soon of getting back on their feet.

Yes, good! Let's finally topple the Faschist Thaksin Regime. Strip the redshirts of their money and throw them in military jail!

This government is the worst government Thailand ever had and we need to go quick befor even our grandchildren will have to pay back the debts these evil people made!

Good idea, but it´s like casting out the devil with beelzebub.

Suthep unites what has divided by the shin-clan. More and more, I see this man acting without political bonds, I admire him. Abhisit can learn from him and do someting, like a public fund for rice-farmers in need. Im sure in a week have enough money to help some small farmers to back in a normal life...thumbsup.gif

Dream on spirit47. Here is "A story of a great conspiracy that is tearing Thailand apart"

In Confidence and without Prejudice.

Khun Suthep is not going to share his ill gotten ten million Baht with anyone. Don't forget that Suthep stands accused by farmers for grabbing a huge allotments of Thai agricultural land that was set aside for issue to poor farmers. Apparently Suthep handed that same land to his favorite Elite families. Suthep's Elite families were no doubt delighted at screwing so many farmers in one hit for so much 'Free Land'. Many of the farmers remember that land grab.

Some farmer's also see a conspiracy in the Suthep & Abhisit et al pincer movement. S&A Et Al are sure that their conspiracy will rid Thailand of democracy forever. Their pincer movement conspiracy no doubt includes at least one Thai Amy general as well. It seems as though the Elite Families, the Democrats and the Army have never wanted Democracy. And have been trying to bring Thai Democracy down for the second time in ten years.

The Thai farmers that believe Suthep's movement initiated the pincer movement at the absolute crucial moment that would lead to Suthep's victory over Democracy. This conspiracy, if true, is so elegant that one has to be impressed by it.

Why was the crucial moment so chosen, Easy because it would ensure that the Rice Pledging Project income would cease within days of payments starting to fall due at the end of the last Pledging cycle at the end of October. Until then it is believed all previous obligations to the farmers had been met in full.

But some can see cracks in the conspiracy now that Abhisit and Military are thought to be uncertain and perhaps what Suthep might actually do if he wins.

• Like 1

None so blind as those that won't see reality.

Bela Lugosi is dead and Suthep the ghoul ready to take his place. Message to the rice farmers... I vant to drink your bloood.

Come, come....

And as Bella told Jonathan "Enter freely of your own will". One benefit Suthep has is that he can't see himself in the mirror....

Hmm let's see if I have this right: Suthep et al get Yingluck to resign and become caretake pm, and as such she can't pay off the farmers, according to some court or whoever happens to be in that building at the time. Plan was stupid to begin with, granted, but now they are saying it is her fault. Someone get me off this merry go round in a room full of mirrors.

I want to see this made into a mini series.

And replace it with the Facist Suthep regime?

I'm all for ending corruption, and even getting rid of Thaksin's influence, but Suthep, as bent and corrupt as he is, is NOT the man to be leading the way.

• Like 1

no point of this article.
I live in TH in a risdistrect I am so damn tired of all the fuss in BKK, but who is not tired of it.
Everything indicates that it has something to do with money
As for rice farmers. Do not do to hand in your rice for sale without getting paid for it.
This would have stopped all your compounding problems.

Edited by beowolf2012

Old habits die hard ....

As usual 50 % goes down in his own pocket

Old habits die hard ....

As usual 50 % goes down in his own pocket

the farmers should nominate and send their own leaders on the fundraising march and keep sutheps filthy

hands away from the cash ...........

• Like 2