Total outstanding debt - Today Vs. 1997

Anybody know the total outstanding debt of Thailand and its distribution of public, private, non-bank and BIBF (Bangkok International Banking Facility) debt?

I just came across the below graph covering the period pre- and post the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis and it will be interesting to compare to todays (2013) numbers. The debt level looks to peak at about 90-100% of GDP in 1996-97.

post-119133-0-60430400-1392089785_thumb.

• Like 1

Not a bad article, but some of the graphs are only updated until 2010.

From the below Thailands financial institutes have a total of $375 billion in outstand debt, but it that all? Is that only domestic debt? Does it include public debt?

BANGKOK, 4 Feb 2014, (NNT) - The Bank of Thailand (BoT) has reported that Non-Performing Loans (NPL) in the last quarter of 2013, remained at the same level as in the previous quarter. The BoT cited consumer reluctance to spend as they had depleted their credits and have to deal with their existing debts.

According to the BoT data, Thailand's financial institute has a total of 267 billion baht worth of NPLs which is 2.16% of all of its lending. The figures also indicate a 595 million baht decrease from 2013's Q3. Net NPLs after deducting the reserve for bad and suspected bad debts, is at 124 billion baht, an increase of 1.9 billion baht from the previous year's third quarter.

The BoT stated, commercial banks have a combined total of 258.9 billion baht's worth of NPLs, or 2.31% of all commercial banks' lending, a decrease of 826 million from Q3. The commercial banks' net NPLs at the end of last year stood at 122.1 billion baht, an increase of 1.9 billion baht from the quarter before.

Meanwhile the national bank pointed out foreign banks have a rather low NPL figure when compared to local banks, citing only 6.6 billion baht of NPLs by the end of December, or 0.6% of all foreign banks' lending.

(http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNECO5702040010008)

Who cares.......its still boomong in Pattaya, and now the Ruble is stronger even bettter....not worried about what some two bit uneducated banker thinks.

the "stronger" Ruble weakened ~8% vs. Thai Baht during the last 6 weeks.

Who cares.......its still boomong in Pattaya, and now the Ruble is stronger even bettter....not worried about what some two bit uneducated banker thinks.

I havent looked for almost a month when it was 0.98....oops gone down a bit, never mind, most of the Russians I deal with just bring bags of $ biggrin.png

I havent looked for almost a month when it was 0.98....oops gone down a bit, never mind, most of the Russians I deal with just bring bags of $ biggrin.png

Lucky you, all the Russians i deal with wait for 1 baht change