Cops Detained, Beaten By Buddha Issara's Protesters

Lite Beer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"....the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission."

AKA Spying. My condolences to the spies for their injuries. Go into the jungle, you may get bitten.

It's absolutely disgusting to see some ThaiVisa members supporting this kind of treatment of people.

If it was the other side doing it, you'd be screaming human rights violations left and right, but because it's your dear PDRC, this kind of treatment is acceptable. Double standards like a true Democrat.

If your reply wasn't so patently hypocritical, it would be worth a reply.

• Like 1

"....the two policemen were legally conducting an intelligence-gathering mission."

AKA Spying. My condolences to the spies for their injuries. Go into the jungle, you may get bitten.

Just when you thought the comments at ThaiVisa couldn't get any worse.....

They've been a lot worse than that from some of you lot. They were in a secured area in plain clothes, they'd have been better off if they had been wearing uniforms.

Monk now supports torture as well as breaking most of his other monkpromises.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hope your knee jerk response doesnt pull a hamstring. Before you condemn, learn both sides.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are You for Real? Do I need to know anything before condemning torture or any violence?? About learning you should. About jerkin I bet you do!

• Like 1

It's absolutely disgusting to see some ThaiVisa members supporting this kind of treatment of people.

If it was the other side doing it, you'd be screaming human rights violations left and right, but because it's your dear PDRC, this kind of treatment is acceptable. Double standards like a true Democrat.

If your reply wasn't so patently hypocritical, it would be worth a reply.

Lol. You don't seem to understand that you just replied.

• Like 2

I think you're missing the point somewhat when you talk about double standards. The police have clearly demonstrated that they are not neutral, so the only ones who can rely on them for protection are the red shirt activists.

Since the anti-government protesters are clearly regarded as "the enemy" by the police, one cannot be too surprised if two of their spies are detained when they are discovered in the ranks of the protesters.

The two guys were obviously being asked what they were doing within the anti-government ranks, but, contrary to the blatant lies that Khaosod likes to spread around, it clearly does not look like either of them has been "beaten" or "tortured".

Note that the report finishes with "allegedly" beaten by other protesters afterwards...so it's not even clear from the report whether they are actually suggesting that the Buddhist's guards were involved...!!

Keep the waters muddy Khaosod, but just provide enough for people to jump to conclusions.

Looks like you may be right there George.

All that looks has happened is that they have been illegally detained in the course of their duties, assaulted (allegedly), interrogated and returned to the police so they can be admitted to hospital (as reported in the OP)

Making mountains out of molehills. No need for intelligence gathering lest it offends.

Personally, I am amazed that the protesters have got away with these actions for as long as they have. IMHO, this goes out of the parameters of peaceful protests. I just hope someone is compiling the photo record sheets to go with the civil offences we have seen during these protests.

BTW, I have no interest in Thai politics, either side. Perhaps that is why I can see this mess for what it really is.

• Like 2

So surreal. This cannot be happening in Thailand.

And why isn't the bhuddist (federation, corporation, cooperative, whatever) who control them, not disrobe this guy?

Thailand is about the only place I can imagine this happening.

• Like 1

Where does it say the monk condones torture? It says the men were brought before him where he talked to

them and they confessed. No where does it say the monk said "torture them".

What other "monkpromises" has he broken?

No need for spin, just keep it real.

• Like 1

The article did not say that, read it again

You absolutely correct. My bad, as I forgot to put a question mark. It was meant as a question.

I fail to see any truth in the "torture " I saw them being questioned on television this morning. They did have a few bruises and what looked like a few abrasions. The monk spoke to them. Gave them water and then after a time they were released.

I do not condone violence. I also don't condone reactionary journalism. Pipkins even stated here on TV that the police were near death after being tortured for 7 hours .... right!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I fail to see any truth in the "torture " I saw them being questioned on television this morning. They did have a few bruises and what looked like a few abrasions. The monk spoke to them. Gave them water and then after a time they were released.

I do not condone violence. I also don't condone reactionary journalism. Pipkins even stated here on TV that the police were near death after being tortured for 7 hours .... right!

Pipkins even stated here on TV that the police were near death after being tortured for 7 hours .... right!

Ever the drama queen eh Pippy?

Where does it say the monk condones torture? It says the men were brought before him where he talked to

What about involvement in politics? What about owing land and property as well as buildings?

And what about he is now (or about to be) outed from the monks community? I guess they have their reasons?

Edited by magnbol
  • Like 1

Rule of law anyone?

Who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Whether justified or not, these guys just got a taste of their own medicine.

I was just thinking the same thing.... you play; you pay....

I wonder if Yingluck and Suthep just rolled up there sleeves and had a bare knuckle street fight, who would win????

Shall we throw in Chalerm to support Yingluck?

Thought.....

are you for REAL? political activity is BANNED for monks and none of their business please USE your brain

but ... but ... but all this is about democracy, not politics ermm.gif

Pipkins even stated here on TV that the police were near death after being tortured for 7 hours .... right!

Ever the drama queen eh Pippy?

Just reinforcing Chalerm level credibility.

hope your knee jerk response doesnt pull a hamstring. Before you condemn, learn both sides.

Are You for Real? Do I need to know anything before condemning torture or any violence?? About learning you should. About jerkin I bet you do!

not half as much as you it seems

Rule of law anyone?

Who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Whether justified or not, these guys just got a taste of their own medicine.

I was just thinking the same thing.... you play; you pay....

I wonder if Yingluck and Suthep just rolled up there sleeves and had a bare knuckle street fight, who would win????

Shall we throw in Chalerm to support Yingluck?

Thought.....

It is actually a dream of mine to see Chalerm and Suthep forced into a fight to the death, Roman gladiator style, armed with pikes and swords in the center of Hua Mak stadium. We could sell tickets for 500 baht a piece with all the proceeds going to the rice farmers.

The winner will be set adrift on a raft somewhere in the South China Sea.