IKEA fan wants to know about IKEA BKK

THAIPHUKET

There's nothing wrong with IKEA BKK, the personell doesn't annoy me, are helpfull, speak english. Also the restaurant is fine and the frozen food is good. The parking is perfect and so is their shop.

I once had an issue with them and they refused to take the product back but after mentioning that i would complaint at the headquarter i got a perfect service at my house.

For Thai people the shop is great because for small condo's they have great storage solutions.

I don't like their chipwood furniture though but that's just personal.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before shopping at IKEA, please search internet for IKEA NAZI and IKEA East German political prisoners I would never set foot in any IKEA shop

Thanks for that.

Searching "IKEA NAZI" tells me that the founder, when a teenager, dabbled with a right wing organisation. He subsequently described his involvement as the "greatest mistake of my life" and then went on to pledge donations of GBP 1 billion to charitable causes.

As for IKEA East German political prisoners, that search reveals that 25-30 years ago IKEA had contracts with East Germany, but didn't have in place the systems to ensure precisely who the workers were. Now they do.

I guess that IKEA is rather like me. As a teenager I dabbled with different ideologies. I even read Das Kapital (possibly the most boring book in the world) and Atlas Shrugged (the second most boring). At least Mao kept it short with his Little Red Book. And more recently I bought some prawns in Thailand which could well have been produced as a result of slave labour. I strongly recommend that everybody boycott me in perpetuity on the bases of my transgressions.

And in the mean time, watch out for me hanging out in IKEA.

Completely different, at least in terms of perception by the locals.

If you shop in IKEA in Thailand people assume that you're wealthy, whereas in the West it is considered more an "entry" market in terms of obtaining furnitures...

Items on offer and shop layout is mostly identical.

I noticed that too.

• Like 1