Mystery fire at Lopburi rice warehouse

webfact

Great, so we all agree that the Democrats burned down the rice warehouse to put yet another blame on Puea Thai.

Ummmmm burned down!,,, burned down!

There you go again making things up.. It didn't burn down, did it?

see post 25.

At this time like most reporting in Thailand we will probably NEVER know what happened.

Even worse then.

3 pages of discussion because a bag of rice caught fire.

Let's hope there won't be another bag of rice falling off the shelves somewhere in China, because then all hell will break loose!

AHA But why did the bag of rice catch fire.. I have an explanation.. I think the bag of rice was so pissed of with being left in a damp, moldy warehouse for over 2 years (it could have been longer but time just ticks on) that it decided to make a stand to end corruption and free the poor farmers from the yoke of Thaksinism!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lopburi?

Meanwhile, two senior officials of the Public Warehouse Organisation were interrogated by Udon Thani police yesterday concerning 34,000 sacks of rice, worth Bt80 million, which disappeared after being moved out of Udon Thani warehouse for rice mills in Lop Buri on March 5-26 last year. (MCOT online news).

Use every dirty trick to save face,... those black lying cowards.... beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Dont worry. Sutheps time is almost up.

yes, Suthep is out of control and probably a prick.

let it go man, there are such bigger issues at hand like the 2500 people killed to consolidate drug dealing, 3 billion dollars missing and now all of a sudden, burning rice warehouses.

Use every dirty trick to save face,... those black lying cowards.... beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Dont worry. Sutheps time is almost up.
yes, Suthep is out of control and probably a prick.

let it go man, there are such bigger issues at hand like the 2500 people killed to consolidate drug dealing, 3 billion dollars missing and now all of a sudden, burning rice warehouses.

Someone else said it was a bag of rice burning, not the entire warehouse. What is it now? Bags or warehouse?

And what 3 billion are you talk about missing?

The rice is in the warehouses, not sold. Where did those 3 billion come from?

I was always under the impression that in order to get 3 billion they had to sell the rice.

How can money go missing if its not even sold yet?

In the original version (in Thai) of this report it is said that the rice smells VERY BAD and is rotten!

It is very clear that the Government is trying to destroy the evidences!

Looks like very little damage to me, a few hundred maybe. Plus id be surprised of it were insured by the gov the premiums of all that rice would be huge.

I'm also sure the rice was not insured, but not because of the premiums. The insurance company would want to set a value for the commodity in storage, and that would be far less than that claimed by the owner.

That's 15 million trillion zillion tons gone up in smoke. Where can we lose the rest?

Shrinkage, moisture-content, 'trade-samples' for potential-buyers, lost records, barter-deals with arbitrary valuations, trading with companies owned by 'good-friends', nebulous unconfirmed G2G-deals, fudged shipment-details, all of these would be normal enough, but dubious book-keeping is my own favourite ! wink.png

Yay for record Red-Records ! Trebles all round ! rolleyes.gif

Maybe a rat spontaneously combusted!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More likely that a 'fat-cat' was involved ? whistling.gif

Edited by Ricardo

It would seem from reports elsewhere that the lop buri warehouse is indeed the same one that was pictured recently with a partly collapsed wall and sacks of rice on the ground.

The owner named as Khun Hatsanai Satthanurit is having a run of bad luck.

The warehouse is said to be rented to a partner of the public warehouse association.

Now there is a trail that needs following.

It's surprising how many millions of tons you can fit into one small warehouse. The amount could well equal the number of missing tons that we all thought were stolen and corruptly sold. Obviously we judged too soon.

When you consider the various measurements being used by officials when addressing the stored rice, its similar to the old, find the peanut shell game.

Paddy weight, paddy sacked weight, green harvest vs dried grain weight, milled rice weight, sack, bigger sack, ton weight, etc.

This is the same government that has said the youngsters would be confused if they were exposed to English language too early in their learning.

"The fire at this rice warehouse also came just a few days after a former Democrat party MP and a rice expert Dr Warong Dejkijwikrom warned of possible arsons at rice warehouses to destroy evidence of rampant corruption in the rice pledging scheme."

Man this just gets better by the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not really sure if Suthep is a good person or not, but I sure hope he gains power so the entire rice scam can be exposed. Pretty sure rice does not burn very well, so if the strategy is to cover up missing rice by burning warehouses, do not think that dog is going to hunt very well.

Looks like only a few bags were burned....

I am sure Suthep dislikes being left out of a good money scheme that is not of his own making.

Great, so we all agree that the Democrats burned down the rice warehouse to put yet another blame on Puea Thai.

Getting as pitiful as NoLuck's speeches. You're taking lessons from her...and it is damaging brain cells?

Do some research: the burnings started as soon as the scheme started to fail....many in early 2013, before any protests. You are making a fool of yourself.

• Like 2

The actual fire is hardly a mystery since it was anticipated by many.

The real mystery is when will all those supporters of the government wake up and accept that the whole rice-pledging scheme was a scam, bankrupt from the start and that the all the unpaid farmers will never be paid back from selling the remaining 12 million tons of rice stock because it doesn't exist. (good stuff's already been sold)

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 2

I said from the beginning couple years back that this would turn out a scam to make some of the big guys running the scheme richer.

An idiot would have seen this. Well the poor classes will have a different opinion of the Thaksin crowd now. I feel so sorry for these farmers and their families, who trusted the Government.

Ms Yinluk PM will be saying to her brother, "You got me in a right (rice) shit with this idea"

Perhaps these farmers can take it to the world court ???

In the original version (in Thai) of this report it is said that the rice smells VERY BAD and is rotten!

It is very clear that the Government is trying to destroy the evidences!

Is that your opinion or do you have proof?

Or are you just rumor mongering?

Is that your opinion or are you just trolling?

I asked for proof of his allegations. Lets see if we get any.

Fabio ? Is that you ? cheesy.gif

The actual fire is hardly a mystery since it was anticipated by many.

The real mystery is when will all those supporters of the government wake up and accept that the whole rice-pledging scheme was a scam, bankrupt from the start and that the all the unpaid farmers will never be paid back from selling the remaining 12 million tons of rice stock because it doesn't exist. (good stuff's already been sold)

They will never admit that they were wrong.

What hare brained red fan, PTP groupie, or troll is going to come onto a forum like this and admit they were wrong all along ? That is not their modus operandi................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1