Thai govt to ask commercial banks again for loans to pay farmers

webfact

RUN on the banks???? This will start the run on the banks .... ooops ..... kaatooth ...... I said that the last time the Govt asked asked the banks .... but it's worth repeating wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

My family is withdrawing all their money from the bank that announced 2 days ago they would lend her money. I have nothing to do with it...

Will it ever seep into their tiny little minds that they cannot take out any loans whilst they are a caretaker government? Has this not been the case since they first dissolved Parliament? What's changed?

Well probably true, but there's also other legal and moral aspects to this matter.

It seem to me that last week and this week and next week most if not all banks wouldn't touch this item with a barge pole. Because they would have numerous concerns about the legality of the actual loans, the possibility the impending NACC and other investigations could see the pm and many other pt cabinet members, and civil servants in court and possibly in jail. And possible legal consequences from these cases which could cause massive complications in terms of repayments etc.

For banks a critical concern is always default risk, and especially in this case because of very very large amounts of money involved, plus the risk of a run on the bank / mass piss off of customers, closure of accounts and more.

Added to all of that the reform drive, all banks will no doubt be needing to make a decision which camp they support.

Added to that all banks would have great concerns that they are not party to an action which could add weight to a major downgrade by the international rating agencies. The caretaker government should also be concerned about this point but somehow I doubt they are even looking at it at all.

Meanwhile the unpaid farmers, many with very tiny resources continue to be unpaid, so sad.

Edited by scorecard

Take your money out of your bank accounts... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Whenever I get verifiable information, that Thai-Commercial-Banks are getting involved in a "Bail-Out-Scheme" connected with the Rice-Desaster, I shall be visiting my Thai-Bank the next day with an empty suit-case, or insisting on a quick wire-transfer.

Cheers.

By the next day, you will probably be too late...

I reckon within 2 hours all banks will be closed and all ATM's will be switched off, with mass rioting and looting everywhere.

<<Nattawut Saikua, caretaker Deputy Commerce Minister, said less than 200 of the total 43,569 sacks of rice were damaged in a fire at Lam Narai warehouse in Lop Buri's Chai Badan district yesterday.>> Yes, this guy knows quite a bit concerning causes of fire......

How could anybody take PT seriously when they make someone like this a minister.......... incredulous.

He's only a deputy. Not even Phuea Thai would give this clown real responsibility.

I went to the bank today. After the lady in charge asked me again for a 10 year life insurance , she told me that a new account was coming soon that gives more interest than I now have. So I asked how much more ? She said it wasn't decided yet , so I asked if it was to fund the rice loan....she smiled , didn't deny it.

It was the Krungsri bank .

Just great ! My 3 months before retirement extention begins....

And bummer ...The euro/Baht rate sucks. Last year I payed 38B/euro and sent it off to europe , now it's 44,5 ! Damm !.

Edited by FlorC