Internet Faxing Service Via Ads;/broadband

dive_mistress

Ok Now that i have such great internet service I decided to cancel my landline. (barely worked anyways).

However I miss being able to send a fax from my pc.

I did a search and noticed some services, and a free one too www.ourfax.com

Anyone ever use this or something similar?

Thanks!

Canceled the landline? You have ADSL and works great? If so, it may not work very well once the landline is out of service unless you are on IPSTAR?

We're on TOT ADSL, we have a fax/photocopier/scanner, phone line goes into to a filter which has 2 in, other in comes from fax, the one out on the filter goes to the router.

fax/photocopier/scanner is shared on home network and connected directly to one pc by USB.

The filter should have one input, your phone line. It is then split with two outputs, one to modem/router/computer that is unfiltered and one that filters all the modem noise out that you attach your phone.

We only use cell phones, no phone is attached. I guess it's plugged in backwards to allow connecting the phone line in and the fax side by side and the other end (says WALL) with one wire goes into the router. Looks like the filter works both ways?

Believe you have your fax plugged in where a phone/answering machine/fax or 56kb modem would be. That is the filtered output and probably marked phone. The other output is to the ADSL modem and allows the full frequency spectrum to pass through. The input is labeled wall on your units but could also be a direct line from telephone box, as I have mine, and then use the phone output to feed the wall system (disconnected from phone box) and only have to use one filter for all the extensions in home.