how to contest creditcard payment ?

yermanee

May be possible, but not standard policy, would have to weigh the effort vs the amount involved, how you value your time and sanity.

Western banks don't have to make any case, just deny the charge and they take it off, the merchant must provide proof if they want to fight it.

• Like 1

Well it's a Visa card from a Belgian bank, and sorry no telephone number on it.

OK I will contact the bank and they should be able to give me the relevant number.

Thanks guys

Yermanee wai.gif

You're sure there isn't a number in very small print on the back of the card? The issuers put that number there so you can call them if there's been fraud and they can close it and send you a new card with a new pin. The number should also take you to customer service.

Thai bank = smile and bare it, In the West = phone call, job done!

Not true, it is possible to deny any payment, especially if they know that you have some millions in some bank accounts that you could withdraw very quickly if they are not nice to you...

Definitely not true. I had over $1000 of bogus charges show up on my local credit card and it was removed. It took a fair amount of patience and persistence, but don't believe the rumors that you'll always have to pay.

• Like 2