New Boss, New Crackdown for Pattaya Bars

webfact

New Boss, New Crackdown for Pattaya Bars

bar-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- With a new Police Chief firmly installed at Pattaya Police Station the job of maintaining law & order has begun with a check of late night entertainment venues around Pattaya.

20 Police and Police Volunteers along with Banglamung District Licensing Officials conducted checks on a number of venues around Pattaya and were not happy with what they found. The main offence committed by many of the venues visited during the night related to them opening well beyond the time they are permitted to do so in accordance with their licenses.

Discotheques located in Walking Street, South Pattaya, Karaoke Bars in Soi Khopai and in Soi 17 were checked along with the MC2 Pub in Soi 4 off the South Pattaya Road which has been the subject of multiple raids over the years but the venue continues to trade and is extremely popular with young Thais.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/118317/new-boss-new-crackdown-for-pattaya-bars/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-14

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all wrong !

New boss has to come 1 time in person ,to make sure the payments will

come to him and not to the old boss.

He did not see any naked gogo's dancing,nor one yaba tablet on the floor ,and no guns in a kareoke-bar.coffee1.gif

That's perhaps wy he did not like what he saw ! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

New boss.. got to eat too xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

MC2 Pub in Soi 4 off the South Pattaya Road didn't pay enough tea money.

Benchmarking the ability to pay.

It's always a competition here at the hub-of-infantile-comments to see who can post the "tea money" reference first, because no matter how old and tired and irrelevant it may be ...

rottenecard_2783773_kx6t5tbv29.png

As Infantile as one that has to respond to it? (Every time)

I like the new Police Chief more and more ....

Finally, they started to work, and not just collecting money.

Very encouraging to see the police behaving like law enforcement authorities. Doing what they are being trained, and paid to do. Enforcing the laws of the land, and protecting society from the vermin. Perhaps they can start enforcing the no smoking laws, while they are at it, so those of us who do not smoke do not have to endure lung cancer!

I'm with you 100% on the second hand smoke issue. But in the hierarchy of things I want to be protected from in Pattaya, it's not in the top 50%. Not even close.

4 Foreign Nationals are arrested for no passport.whistling.gif

In other countries you're usually given time to produce your passport. A passport is something you prefer to keep in a safe place rather than take out for an evening of bar hopping. Thailand still hasn't come to grips with that concept and like to punish those that don't have it on them at all times. I eventually relented and insisted on carrying it with me at all times because even a photo copy of the first two pages will not suffice to the local constabulary, so I knew what the consequences would be. Many world travelers are caught off guard when they're asked to produce on the spot or be incarcerated because Thailand is unique in that respect.

I've heard stories of guys walking out to the street vendor in their shorts and T-shirt for a bowl of soup and busted for not having their passport within steps of their front door. It's ridiculous but to play it safe always have your passport with you.

My passport was not a very pleasant looking document what with being soaked with sweat, beer, and all the wear and tear from carrying it constantly but I avoided a lot of grief on several occasions just by having it with me and it was always a pleasure to see the Boys-in-Brown go "OH Shit" when I was able to produce.

So it may seem stupid to some but I recommend ALWAYS carrying your passport with you when in Thailand because there are many Boys-in-Brown banking (and when I say banking I mean from your account to theirs) on the fact that you're NOT carrying.

Cheers

• Like 1

New boss.. got to eat too xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

MC2 Pub in Soi 4 off the South Pattaya Road didn't pay enough tea money.

Benchmarking the ability to pay.

It's always a competition here at the hub-of-infantile-comments to see who can post the "tea money" reference first, because no matter how old and tired and irrelevant it may be ...

rottenecard_2783773_kx6t5tbv29.png

How about you post something useful instead of trying to create a giant post filled with <deleted> and irrelevant pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

4 Foreign Nationals are arrested for no passport.whistling.gif

In other countries you're usually given time to produce your passport. A passport is something you prefer to keep in a safe place rather than take out for an evening of bar hopping. Thailand still hasn't come to grips with that concept and like to punish those that don't have it on them at all times. I eventually relented and insisted on carrying it with me at all times because even a photo copy of the first two pages will not suffice to the local constabulary, so I knew what the consequences would be. Many world travelers are caught off guard when they're asked to produce on the spot or be incarcerated because Thailand is unique in that respect.

I've heard stories of guys walking out to the street vendor in their shorts and T-shirt for a bowl of soup and busted for not having their passport within steps of their front door. It's ridiculous but to play it safe always have your passport with you.

My passport was not a very pleasant looking document what with being soaked with sweat, beer, and all the wear and tear from carrying it constantly but I avoided a lot of grief on several occasions just by having it with me and it was always a pleasure to see the Boys-in-Brown go "OH Shit" when I was able to produce.

So it may seem stupid to some but I recommend ALWAYS carrying your passport with you when in Thailand because there are many Boys-in-Brown banking (and when I say banking I mean from your account to theirs) on the fact that you're NOT carrying.

Cheers

Actually....you have 24 hours (from memory) to produce your passport. This has been discussed before. The issue with a damaged passport is that say you travel somewhere, if it is in bad condition they(immigration) can not accept it and hold you in limbo until you can provide other proof of who you are.

I never carry my passport (only copies). Never had an issue either. I do have a Thai drivers license and have provided that once when stopped in Bangkok (in a taxi, alone, believe they were looking for people carrying drugs).

This is just a crock of crap. And if the bowl of soup story is true, just another way some local police are trying to extort money.

My passport is my most important document outside my home country. As such it will always be kept safe. The risk of losing it, getting it stolen or damaged far outweigh the getting extorted by the BIB.

But might depend where in the country you live too.

I agree with you in most of what you say but I've been in two situations where photo copies were not accepted and they were both very high profile bars and MANY got busted. If you've never had an issue then that's great. Come back when you HAVE had an issue because I've had more than a few. I said many would think it stupid but it saved my ass on more than a few occasions but that's over a period of 20 years. I'm not dictating, I'm just saying what I thought was the best plan of action to avoid un-pleasantries to me (not everyone else) and my bank account. The bowl of soup story is just one of many so it depends if you're living in Bangkok or Isaan. Things might change depending on the police force in your region or neighborhood and whether you have a relationship with them. I was well acquainted with the Thonglor police station and they were not a problem but if I went to a Hi-So night club that was being raided things changed drastically and things became very unpleasant very quickly.

If you're confident that photo copies will suffice in a raid then I wish you all the best.

To each his own.